• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audiophile jewelry - most beautiful Cd players, turntables and other gear

ribonucleic

m.jpg

Mr. Widget

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Why ? It looks to be a pretty well designed listening space, not some anechoic monster.
Hmm... to me it looks like a hi-fi showroom. Fun to visit, but no place I want to spend many hours every evening.

I prefer to have my equipment tucked away out of sight... even the pieces I own with beautifully machined billet aluminum faceplates.

ribonucleic

LessLoss DFPC Series High Performance Skin-Filtering Power Cable

$1,149 / 2 meters

b1.PNG

Says 6moons.com in their review:

Reviewing cables is not the most attractive part of audio reviewing. Cables have so much influence on the overall sound that it’s sometimes scary. For instance, unplug a cable—no matter whether IC or power—and plug it right back in. The sound has altered. ...

LessLoss attacks environmental noise riding on power cables in a very special way. Though the Dynamic Filtering portion of the DFPC name suggests a filter, there is no filter as we know it in the cable, no capacitor or coil or similar. Louis Motek and his companion came upon the idea to invert the skin effect for slowing down rather than accelerating the signal portions affected by it. Slowed down sufficiently, they’d be effectively filtered out. The means to pull this off is a porous metal layer atop the main copper conductors which runs the unwanted HF content inside the porous metal maze where it literally gets lost.

Last edited:

Keith_W

Major Contributor
I don't care what ASR says about cables. Cables matter. Unplug the cable and nothing works. Audible difference!

Obviously using cheap cables! If you used that $1000/m cable, you will hear sweet, sweet music even after you unplug it!

You only need to listen to John Cage's 4'33" to prove it.

Zaxdad

I had one in the '80s. It always put a smile on my face.

Attachments

• 2593391-a240253c-oracle-delphi-mk2-late-model-that-looks-like-mk3.jpg
    2593391-a240253c-oracle-delphi-mk2-late-model-that-looks-like-mk3.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 64

Angsty

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
"Louis Motek and his companion came upon the idea to invert the skin effect for slowing down rather than accelerating the signal portions affected by it. Slowed down sufficiently, they’d be effectively filtered out. The means to pull this off is a porous metal layer atop the main copper conductors which runs the unwanted HF content inside the porous metal maze where it literally gets lost."

There is literally no science that supports this.

Punter

When CD's were in their ascendancy, it was only natural that broadcasters would want to take advantage of the superior quality of reproduction. Several manufacturers launched players that were intended to be used in broadcast studios. Not the least of which was Studer/Revox
studera72711.jpg

We fitted these units to our studios in the mid eighties but were sorely disappointed with their reliability. In fact the units were replaced at no charge with the following model (which was still flaky). The main problem with them and all the other units posted in this thread would have been that the actual laser transport/tracking mechanism would have been manufactured by either Sony or Phillips. Subsequently, regardless of the fancy enclosure or mega-bling looks, just about all CD players had the same or similar transports sourced from a very limited list of manufacturers..

ribonucleic

"Louis Motek and his companion came upon the idea to invert the skin effect for slowing down rather than accelerating the signal portions affected by it. Slowed down sufficiently, they’d be effectively filtered out. The means to pull this off is a porous metal layer atop the main copper conductors which runs the unwanted HF content inside the porous metal maze where it literally gets lost."

There is literally no science that supports this.

I just love the idea of the frequencies squinting at a map and then looking around in confusion.

Top Bottom