• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

differents amps ,might I have some advises about them? Dac or Cd player

Mantra

Hi
Well , I don't want to make a compare between Denon and Marantz , I guess it's unless
but for my ears Marantz have a more flat sound with less bass and more treble , while Denon for my ears with more bass and less treble , all 2 channels
I own even vintage amps Pioneer ,Denon and Marantz ,and Onkyo and Yamaha about '70 , really great piece

My favotite bands are King Crimson , Talking Heads , Rush , Radiohead and so , progressive rock , and '90 like Soundgarden Smashing pumpikns , Alice in chains Metallica's black albums ,and so on or , I have original cd version and remastered cd

well , now I guess you got it , some cds for example not remastered cds sounds better for my ears with the same speaker and cd player ,but others cds sounds better for my ears with Denon most of the cd remastered and recorded some years ago

I'm reluctant to buy an Eq , I like cd player 2 channels amps and speakers

seeing I use mostly Denon and after Marantz , is there a pratical solution keeping my cd player?
I have thought to use a laptop (foobar2000) or my phone seeing there some aps that can Eq a little

and if you could give an advise to a new user ,in this case about the 2 amps , do you agree they sound pretty close outside bass and trebles
I'm looking for a cheap cd player ,but with good mechanics , in the past I own a sony worst than other cd player but like a tank

so if you could give me some pratical advises about my problem , if you could agree with me seeing i have to give some advises to a friend of mine (he want to buy online)
thanks

AnalogSteph

Major Contributor
Look, I'm sure there are plenty of folks who would like to help you, it's just that you easily win the prize for most confusing post of the week... and the language barrier is not helping matters. I pretty much had to read it backwards in order to make any sense of it!

Here is the kind of specific information we would need for a formal problem solving process:
1. What are the GOALS to be accomplished? (Playing CDs, obviously, but how many? Have they been ripped already? Any specific needs regarding the user interface?)
2. What are the CONDITIONS? (Budget, existing equipment, PC literacy of user etc.)
Don't be afraid of going into detail, we love numbers and facts around here. You've mostly been throwing around generalities.

Speaking of which, I would not want to have to put up with a CD player these days. No database search, no playlists, no track metadata (unless there is CD Text), no volume normalization like ReplayGain (a pretty essential feature when your CD collection goes from the 1980s into the 2000s and beyond IMO), some amount of noise from the mechanism, ... The only thing it does better is subtracks, which pretty much aren't a thing in the file-based playback world.

OP
Mantra

Mantra

Look, I'm sure there are plenty of folks who would like to help you, it's just that you easily win the prize for most confusing post of the week... and the language barrier is not helping matters. I pretty much had to read it backwards in order to make any sense of it!

Here is the kind of specific information we would need for a formal problem solving process:
1. What are the GOALS to be accomplished? (Playing CDs, obviously, but how many? Have they been ripped already? Any specific needs regarding the user interface?)
2. What are the CONDITIONS? (Budget, existing equipment, PC literacy of user etc.)
Don't be afraid of going into detail, we love numbers and facts around here. You've mostly been throwing around generalities.
Hi @AnalogSteph
first thank you for the answer and sorry for my bad english

1) I like to play my original cds (I own about 800 originals cds) with my cd players (sometime I like to play some of my vinyls) , some of them are remastered cds and they sound louder and with a different eq compared to the non remastered cds ,my favorite speakers are Tannoy GRF Memory TW(Tannoy is one my favorite Brand) and Totem Acoustic ARRO (paid only 2.000 Euros second hands)
I own several my favorite amps and my favorite are Denon and Marantz (2 channels stereo), for my ears Denon does sound better with most of my cds because the bass are lightly more deep and less trebles , while Marantz for my ears does sound more flat ,less bass and more trebles and for my ears do sound better with cd recording not mastered
I would like to know your opinion about it , about Denon and Marantz and if they sound better with some recording

the point ,I would like let my Marantz play some of my cds with more bass and less treble , cut some treble because they are to high , what could be the solution

about
Speaking of which, I would not want to have to put up with a CD player these days. No database search, no playlists, no track metadata (unless there is CD Text), no volume normalization like ReplayGain (a pretty essential feature when your CD collection goes from the 1980s into the 2000s and beyond IMO), some amount of noise from the mechanism, ... The only thing it does better is subtracks, which pretty much aren't a thing in the file-based playback world.
well , I have used my laptop windows and macos , I prefer windows because there more software like foobar2000 , musicbee and aimp , i don't know other windows softwares maybe you could help me , about macos i have used some software but used to crash often
I can understand you about playlist , replagain , and the dsp with eq , I have ripped severals originals cds with Exact audio copy and dbpoweramp in flac but after i switched to mp3 320k or itunes qaac encoder because I can hear the differents between lame 320k /Apple aac encoder vbr 109 (about 256k)
I have tried even bluetooth receivers build in the amps and external cheap but with a very low latency and expansive , my ears heard no difference
I have tried some external audio cards (dac) and build in motherboard audio cards and with wasapi event or asio , my ears heard no difference

maybe you can advise me on softwares and bluetooth receivers , I will appreciate it
and maybe you can advise me on an amp a Marantz PM6007 or Denon PMA-600NE for my young nephew on this forum

thanks AnalogSteph , I really appreciate your help and you kindness

Top Bottom