• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audiolab 6000A Firmware update

Gerfi

Hallo Onx,

Nun habe ich die Version aktualisiert und habe jetzt GV034.

Jetzt kommt kein Ton mehr aus den Lautsprechern.

Gruß Gerhard
Lediglich bei voll aufgedrehter Lautstärke ein leichtes Kratzen.

Muss der 6000A jetzt zur Reparatur?

Gruß Gerhard

Gerfi

Lediglich bei voll aufgedrehter Lautstärke ein leichtes Kratzen.

Muss der 6000A jetzt zur Reparatur?

Gruß Gerhard
Jetzt habe ich wieder die ST Version draufgemacht. Trotz GD Chip. Es funktioniert wieder aber mit jedem Neustart auf Opt1.

chancen

Hi.
I've sent it to your PM.
And again.
Pay attention. Do not flash units with VER-0XX firmware and GD chips from the "audiolab" site, they don't have firmware on the website for units with VER-0XX in menu and GD processors inside unit.

Hi onx,

Would it be possible for you to send me the firmware file as well?

My 6000A (purchased in Oct 2022) originally shipped with VER-032 installed and suffered from the input/volume bug right from the start. It got solved with a custom 032 file that I got from a Danish support team. However, it didn’t solve the standby issue.

With the help of a flashlight and a magnifying glass I have checked the processor model in my unit and it is in fact a GD32F105 chip.

Gerfi

Hallo,

Nur um zu bestätigen, dass die Firmware für den GD-Prozessor einwandfrei funktioniert! Kein „Standby“-Problem mehr
Hallo, kam nach dem Update die Meldung Finish im Display?

Bei mir kam nichts. Ich hatte dann 034, aber es kam kein Ton mehr.

Danke Gerhard

Lehbe

Könnte evtl. jemand von euch mir die GD Chip Firmware schicken?

Vielen Dank, Bernhard

gadget23

Hi.
If you're experiencing issues with the 6000A, you need to check your processor. Look through gaps using a flashlight and your phone's camera. The processor is located at 8 o'clock (left corner) and is a square chip. If you find a GD32F105 chip, you need GVR firmware. If you find an ST32F105 chip, you need ST firmware.
Your problem with settings not being saved appears to be a firmware error.
And look at the menu if you have VER-032 and chip GD32F105 it's 99.9% problem with firmware. Someone flashed the unit with the wrong firmware.
Pay attention. Do not flash units with VER-0XX firmware and GD chips from the audiolab site, they don't have firmware on the website to resolve this problem.

View attachment 352340

Dear Onx
I also have same problem. GD processor with Ver-033 and always goes back to OPT-1.
Would you mind send me the correct firmware via PM?
Thanks

onx

Hello everyone.
I don’t have the opportunity to visit the forum often, but I frequently check my email. So if you are sure that your menu reads VER-032 or VER-033 or other VER-0XX and your processor is GD, write to me by email and I will send you the firmware. troyanz(a)ukr.net

onx

Jetzt habe ich wieder die ST Version draufgemacht. Trotz GD Chip. Es funktioniert wieder aber mit jedem Neustart auf Opt1.
Hello. Initially, everyone with a GD processor was supposed to have the GVR firmware, and everyone with an ST processor the firmware for ST. If your processor is GD and the file I sent you did not fit, then you need the firmware from the audiolab site for GVR, try it.

chancen

Just updated from the firmware kindly provided by Onx and so far everything works as expected. Still too early to tell if it solves the standby problem but I hope it will.

I have tried the GVR version from the Audiolab website earlier but it makes the display unreadable. So stay away from that.

Gerfi

Hallo Herr ONX, Sie sind genial! Ich öffnete meinen Verstärker und sah den Prozessor GD32F105, dann aktualisiere ich auf die Firmware GVR. Es funktioniert jetzt perfekt. Alle oben genannten Probleme sind gelöst. Vielen Dank wirklich!

Kaufen, ich weiß nicht, wie es dazu kommt, dass Audiolab meinen Verstärker in der Originalverpackung auf ST-Firmware umgestellt hat und auf meine Frage nicht antwortet.
Hallo Pipopig,

Wie war das mit dem Update der Firmware? Kam da irgendwann die Anzeige „Finish“?

Danke für die Antwort.

Gruß Gerfi

Gerfi

Habe gerade die von Onx freundlicherweise zur Verfügung gestellte Firmware aktualisiert und bisher funktioniert alles wie erwartet. Es ist noch zu früh, um zu sagen, ob es das Standby-Problem löst, aber ich hoffe, dass es so sein wird.

Ich habe die GVR-Version von der Audiolab-Website bereits ausprobiert, aber dadurch ist die Anzeige nicht mehr lesbar. Also halte dich davon fern.
Hallo,

Kam da nach dem Update der Hinweis „Finish“?

Denn wenn ich die Datei von Onx annehme, dann bekomme ich keinen Ton mehr. Oder muss ich auf Finish warten.

Gerfi

chancen

Hallo,

Kam da nach dem Update der Hinweis „Finish“?

Denn wenn ich die Datei von Onx annehme, dann bekomme ich keinen Ton mehr. Oder muss ich auf Finish warten.

Gerfi
My display never said “Finish“. I don’t remember the exact words and sequence but I think it read something like “IN U D” and then “U D IN” and then the unit went into standby mode. The process is really fast, only takes a couple of seconds.

Re. the no sound: have you checked that you still have the correct MODE setting on your amp? And that the correct input is selected?

Gerfi

Hallo. Ursprünglich sollte jeder mit einem GD-Prozessor die GVR-Firmware haben und jeder mit einem ST-Prozessor die Firmware für ST. Wenn Ihr Prozessor GD ist und die Datei, die ich Ihnen gesendet habe, nicht passt, dann benötigen Sie die Firmware von der Audiolab-Site für GVR, probieren Sie es aus.
Hallo Onx,

Der Stand ist folgender:

1. Ihre Firmware, Anzeige ist ok, auch kein Opt1, aber kein Ton landet an den Lautsprechern.

2. Die Firmware von Audiolab Site

GD=Display zeigt Hyroglyphen und keine Ton.

GV=Das Gleiche

ST= Verstärker läuft aber springt immer auf Opt1

Gerfi

onx

Hi.
Try it with the firmware that I sent you.
But do a factory reset.
And check the different inputs of AUX1 AUX2 OP1 and others. Perhaps your problem is not with the firmware, but with the inputs.
If nothing helps, you will probably have to contact the service Audiolab directly. No one has had problems like yours.

Gerfi

Hallo.
Versuchen Sie es mit der Firmware, die ich Ihnen gesendet habe.
Führen Sie aber einen Werksreset durch.
Und überprüfen Sie die verschiedenen Eingänge von AUX1 AUX2 OP1 und anderen. Möglicherweise liegt Ihr Problem nicht an der Firmware, sondern an den Eingängen.
Wenn nichts hilft, müssen Sie sich wahrscheinlich direkt an den Dienst Audiolab wenden. Niemand hatte solche Probleme wie Sie.
Hallo Onx,

Du bist der Beste. Nach dem Zurücksetzen funktioniert es fantastisch.

Vielen Dank für Ihre Hilfe

Beste grüße

Gerfi

onx

Great to hear that you succeeded. And yes, after flashing, it's necessary to perform a factory reset to avoid conflicts between the settings from the previous firmware version and the new one. This is essential regardless of whether you're updating an amplifier or any other device.

alma007

Dear onx!
I recently bought a 6000N Play that is about two years old. I really liked its sound, but it has a serious problem: while listening to music, it sometimes (quite often) stops (for about 4-5 seconds, in both Wi-fi and wired mode). I thought that maybe a firmware change could solve the problem. My problem is that there is no downloadable firmware for the 6000N Play on the Audiolab site!
Please help with this if possible!
Thanks in advance for your reply!

onx

Hi. The Audiolab never published any firmware for, 6000N. You can try to do factory reset or ask for support from audiolab. I don't have 6000N unit and I don't know anything abut this.

Ramon180

Hello everybody,
I also have the same problem, now updated to st version 33 and all setting lost everytime i start up, even de filters etc. ver 32 als had this, serial number says i need st version but i checked the chip and it's GD32F105
Can somebody send me a firmware for it i can try? and why doesn't Audiolab has an extra firmware for these units? it's their production fault isn't it?
Bye Ramon

onx

It's only my opinion. But I pretty sure it's their production fault. The first units all were with ST32F105 chips and firmware ST. Then they changed the processor ST to the cheap GD but in firmware they didn't change information about firmware and this fault go to production. And now we have what we have. :)

Top Bottom