• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audiolab 6000A Firmware update

Dewizzer

Hi, I just downloaded the latest firmware that contains three files for three different versions of the 6000A, problem is I can't tell which one is mine since it only says "VER-032" when I search for it in the menu. The three different types are GVR, GCV or none.
Thanks!
Daniel

AudiOhm

From Audiolab 6000A Firmware Update

For Audiolab 6000a we have 3 types of firmware.
ST - GVR - GVC. Type of firmware you can find only in one place in the menu. If you see VER-032 it's ST if you see GVR-032 it's GVR and etc.
For ST version on official site we have Firmware V0.33 witch to 100% identical with V0.32
For a proper update or if you updated to the wrong firmware, you need:
1. Turn off unit (back switcher)
2. Push and hold power button
3. Turn on unit (back switcher)
4. Release power button.
USB flash need to be formatted as FAT32, bin file must be placed in root directory.
Some USB flash drives are not compatible (If you see on display some text and the unit not shut downing self, it seems your flash drive is incompatible.)
Proper update it's where unit is shut downing self (if update stuck and display showing something, it's looks like USB flash is incompatible). The Update manual from the official site is a little incompatible for 6000a units. Firmware size is 25Kb and updates so fast that where display not have time to display something.

Ohms

OP
D

Dewizzer

I was hoping for the update to fix the issue where you have to turn it off on the rear switch every month or so :)

AudiOhm

I was hoping for the update to fix the issue where you have to turn it off on the rear switch every month or so :)
What happens if you do not cycle the power every month or so?

Ohms

AudiOhm

OP
D

Dewizzer

I know, definitely not a big deal but sounds like something that can be fixed with a new firmware.

OP
D

Dewizzer

I tried to update but the unit shutdown without completing the update.

OP
D

Dewizzer

And now after the attempt the amplifier forgets every setting from the menu everytime I turn it on.

Audio_noob

And now after the attempt the amplifier forgets every setting from the menu everytime I turn it on.
I have the same problem after updating to the latest firmware available on Audiolab website. And this is bothering me now. Anyone knows if it’s possible to downgrade to a previous version and how it’s done?

OP
D

Dewizzer

My warranty was still valid so I brought the unit for a firmware fix and the guy told me that is not rare to have big problems with Audiolab software. A bit of a letdown from a brand like Audiolab:( I'll get my amp next week hoping that they can fix the issue and restore a working firmware.

arx

Dewizzer was your 6000A ever fixed in regards to the setting issue? I just upgrade to Version 033 and am now having the same problem.

Pipopig

Hi mates, mine is with VER--033 and it has 2 issues, please if you face the same and what is solution. Many thanks.
- after weeks or month, the standby button on it or remote could not wake up (turn on)
- every time after turn off, input selection always come to "OP1" but I always listen from aux that must be "AX1" or AX2 or AX3

onx

- every time after turn off, input selection always come to "OP1" but I always listen from aux that must be "AX1" or AX2 or AX3
Hi. You have wrong firmware on your unit. I guess your unit has GVR processor and you need a GVR firmware. But you can't crossflash firmware from site audiolab the GVR firmware is incompatible with ST units. You need to contact their support and ask about firmware for your unit. And after updating your unit will be GVR :)

Pipopig

.... You need to contact their support and ask about firmware for your unit. And after updating your unit will be GVR :)
Thanks ONX for your advice. I email them twice, post on fan-page but no respond. Originally I saw firmware was ST and default input "OP1", then I updated ST and nothing changed.

If I open the amply and see the processor, is there any difference between ST and GVR that can be seen? If I update a wrong GVR on a true ST processor, would it be broken and cannot fix? many thanks again

onx

Yes. But you can photo it from gaps in the case. Just use a light and you phone to photo it. Or you can open case and look to processor to 8 hours from front panel. If you're finding GD32F105 you need GVR firmware if you find ST32F105 you need ST firmware. I have proper firmware for flashing GD32F105 processor on 6000a not Play version. If you find GD32F105 tell me I can send you a link to download it.

Pipopig

.....If you find GD32F105 tell me I can send you a link to download it.
I do appreciate your quick respond and clear guideline. I will come home and check it tonight. Bty, can you send it to me or just keep in touch via my email: hidden

Last edited:

onx

I sent you a link you can try. And remove your mail from the forum if you would rather not have much spam :)
I hope it's helping you.

Pipopig

.... If you're finding GD32F105 you need GVR firmware if you find ST32F105 you need ST firmware. I have proper firmware for flashing GD32F105 processor on 6000a not Play version...
Hi Mr. ONX, you are genius! I opened my amp and saw processor GD32F105, then I update to the firmware GVR. It works perfectly now. All issue mentioned above is solved. Many thanks indeed !

Buy, I do not know how come the Audiolab put my amply to ST firmware in original package and no respond when I ask.

Top Bottom