• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audiolab 6000A Play firmware

sjbraun

SO I'm trying to update my firmware from version 27 to the newest version.
I've downloaded the file and copied the correct version to an Ex-fat formatted USB drive. When I try to load the new software, I get a No File message on the screen.
Could there be an issue with how the USB drive is formatted? Audiolab says to format it as Fat 32, but that is not an option on my Mac. Ex-fat is supposed to be compatible with Fat 32, so I'm not sure how to proceed.

Thanks for your help

Lasislao

SO I'm trying to update my firmware from version 27 to the newest version.
I've downloaded the file and copied the correct version to an Ex-fat formatted USB drive. When I try to load the new software, I get a No File message on the screen.
Could there be an issue with how the USB drive is formatted? Audiolab says to format it as Fat 32, but that is not an option on my Mac. Ex-fat is supposed to be compatible with Fat 32, so I'm not sure how to proceed.

Thanks for your help
Hi ,

Last day I downloaded the 033 (st) firmware, from audiolab site and everything was fine around update. (1st step format my pendrive -fat32-, 2 nd download the 6000a play zip, i have choosen the correct “bin” ( my file was the ST), 3rd copy this bin file to the main directory, 4th delete the zip file. )
…and it works.
I think it will be better if you can find windows for FAT 32. :(

…but… after my update, 027 ST to 033 ST, the very low frequency has reduced in my system . This is not a huge different, but I feel the lack.
I dont know what happend. I am crazy or the very low frequency really reduced.
So now I would like to upload to my 6000 a play (with ARM STM32 chip) the old (027 ST) firmware.

Could somebody send to me please?
i would like to comper these updates.

(The reason of my update to 033 was the opt 1 problem, but the 033 firmware didn't fix it.)

Many thanks in advance.

Laszlo

Last edited:
Top Bottom