• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audiolab 6000a bluetooth problems

Anaczap

Hello. Maybe someone had the same issues with the Audiolab 6000a bluetooth connection and can help me or provide some advices.
I can't pair the amp with any of my devices (phone, laptop), even if some days ago it worked perfectly. Already reset it (several times), updated the latest version of firmware, reset the bluethooth setting on the phone (Samsung).
I don't have any idea what should I do further.
Plsss help!
Thanks!

oceansize

Forum Donor
Is the 6000a still paired with another device? You mention phone and laptop, did you try it with something else? Or did a family member connect a different device?

OP
A

Anaczap

No, it is not paired with anything right now. I have nothing else to pair it with except my phone or laptop. The problem started yesterday and I wasn't able to try with someone else's devices. Hoped to find a solution online

OP
A

Anaczap

Is the 6000a still paired with another device? You mention phone and laptop, did you try it with something else? Or did a family member connect a different device?
I tried to connect orher devices, but still it doesn't work.

RevBlues

Hi, I have the same problem with the 6000a. Tried to connect Bluetooth today and couldn’t connect on any device. I haven’t used it for months and wanted to stream some music, but nothing I’ve tried has fixed it. Have you been able to fix the problem?

OP
A

Anaczap

Hi! No, saddly it's still not working. I've asked arround and reveceived from several people the answer that probably something on the bluetooth "board" (i don't know exactly how it's called) has broken. If you have news about the topic, please let me also know. Thanks!

Nonick

First: unpair any device you have connected with Audiolab.
Your phone > bluetooth > audiolab 6000bt cog (settings) > unpair
Then use your laptop, open bluetooth (in windows settings)> list of devices > find audiolab > disconnect (remove device).
Make sure that you have unpaired (removed) from all devices you were connecting to audiolab.

After that reset Audiolab 6000a to factory settings..
Then try to connect.

OP
A

Anaczap

First: unpair any device you have connected with Audiolab.
Your phone > bluetooth > audiolab 6000bt cog (settings) > unpair
Then use your laptop, open bluetooth (in windows settings)> list of devices > find audiolab > disconnect (remove device).
Make sure that you have unpaired (removed) from all devices you were connecting to audiolab.

After that reset Audiolab 6000a to factory settings..
Then try to connect.
I did all these and still it doesn't connect to any device

RevBlues

Hi! No, saddly it's still not working. I've asked arround and reveceived from several people the answer that probably something on the bluetooth "board" (i don't know exactly how it's called) has broken. If you have news about the topic, please let me also know. Thanks!
Hi, thanks for replying. I contacted Audiolab;

Hi,
I am having a problem connecting via Bluetooth to my 6000A. It has been working fine when previously used this way but for the first time it isn’t connecting at all. I have tried various solutions to fix it but still no success. I usually use my iPhone to connect and play but when searching for it, it doesn’t come up at all. I have tried everything from reset, firmware update, trying other devices, but unfortunately it doesn’t work.
Even though I’ve had it for over 3 years, the unit has had minimal use over this period and is in no way damaged.
Please could you advise me how to resolve the issue.

and they sent me this reply;

Thank you for your E-mail

Looks like it has a fault.

Please return your 6000A to the address below with a covering letter by carrier or hand. We will factory service to full working specification. Our charges are labour fixed (not hourly) at 55GBP, plus the costs of any defective parts replaced, plus return carriage and plus VAT.

We are currently running with a large back log due to holidays and the after effects of covid and so turnaround time could be 4-6 weeks.

Opening hours: 8am to 5pm Monday to Thursday and 4pm on Friday.

If you deliver by hand, due to covid, can you please bring a covering letter with your unit/s and come to our side car park.

Please use the original carton/s for return carriage if a carrier is used or suitable packaging. However, a charge will be made for new packaging if the packaging arrives damaged or is unsitable and below a standard to the event where our transit insurance against damage would be invalid.

RevBlues

Hi,
I am having a problem connecting via Bluetooth to my 6000A. It has been working fine when previously used this way but for the first time it isn’t connecting at all. I have tried various solutions to fix it but still no success. I usually use my iPhone to connect and play but when searching for it, it doesn’t come up at all. I have tried everything from reset, firmware update, trying other devices, but unfortunately it doesn’t work.
Even though I’ve had it for over 3 years, the unit has had minimal use over this period and is in no way damaged.

Please return your 6000A to the address below with a covering letter by carrier or hand. We will factory service to full working specification. Our charges are labour fixed (not hourly) at 55GBP, plus the costs of any defective parts replaced, plus return carriage and plus VAT.

We are currently running with a large back log due to holidays and the after effects of covid and so turnaround time could be 4-6 weeks.

If you deliver by hand, due to covid, can you please bring a covering letter with your unit/s and come to our side car park.

Please use the original carton/s for return carriage if a carrier is used or suitable packaging. However, a charge will be made for new packaging if the packaging arrives damaged or is unsitable and below a standard to the event where our transit insurance against damage would be invalid.
I’m quite disappointed that it has stopped working without any possible damage to the unit. It has hardly been used since purchased, and it doesn’t sit too well with me that they want to charge me to fix a problem that I haven’t caused. Unfortunately with time and warranties it never favours the customer.

OP
A

Anaczap

Hi,

Great to have at least an answer from Audiolab side. For me it's not so easy to send it to them, but I'll try contacting the shop from where it was purchased, maybe they have another solution...

Good luck with yours! Maybe if you have feedback you'll let us know.

Musicofchance

I’m quite disappointed that it has stopped working without any possible damage to the unit. It has hardly been used since purchased, and it doesn’t sit too well with me that they want to charge me to fix a problem that I haven’t caused. Unfortunately with time and warranties it never favours the customer.
How did this all end? I take it you sent it to the huntingdon depot..

Top Bottom