• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audio Magic Ultimate Premier Beeswax SHD Fuse

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I understand how fuses work and that is why there is no need for me to perform a test.
I would have to self-flagellate with low cost rca cables to redeem myself.
Jesus!:facepalm:^2

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
This makes me wonder just how much of the US economy is pure grift.
And how idiots come by so much spare cash.

dfuller

Major Contributor
I should have known ,kids that don’t even know what tweaks are
And cant afford anythjng but a $500 dac and thinks it’s a Reference piece
Count me me out . Very few adults write whst you will enjoy it .
I just... LOL.

Explain to me, in a way that is actually verifiable, that a safety fuse on the power input of a DAC is going to matter. Like.. you know we don't listen to DC, right?

Also made even more absolutely goddamn hilarious: Tweaks like this, while still using RCA cables everywhere. RCA! A cable that was never meant to be used as anything but an internal connector! High end audio is pure grift, Jesus Christ...

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
How can it be both more solid and more liquid at the same time? :rolleyes:

Beeswax, innit?

At low volume fuse stays cool, and lends a sense of solidity to the music that would otherwise been lacking. As the volume goes up, the fuse warms, and the wax gradually melts, imparting a quality of silken liquidity to the music.

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Last edited:

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Beeswas, innit?

At low volume fuse stays cool, and lends a sense of solidity to the music that would otherwise been lacking. As the volume goes up, the fuse warms, and the wax gradually melts, imparting a quality of silken liquidity to the music.

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Does that lend plasticity to the reproduction? Now I know what that actually means!!!

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Does that lend plasticity to the reproduction? Now I know what that actually means!!!
I'd be more worried about a chitinous quality to the sound caused by the tiny flecks of bee exoskeleton embdded in the wax.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I'd be more worried about a chitinous quality to the sound caused by the tiny flecks of bee exoskeleton embdded in the wax.
And yet, that may be the X Factor our trolls, erm deep-thinking but technically illiterate posters keep referring to.

AudiOhm

Did anyone hear about the Electricians daughter? She could not re-fuse.:D

Fuses are just another line of BS from the "Audio Grade" manufactures.

If fuses made a huge difference then the major fuse manufactures would be making them.

Do any of these believers wonder why only audio is affected by these fuses?

The reason is "Audiofools" can be easily separated from their money...

Ohms

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Did anyone hear about the Electricians daughter? She could not re-fuse.:D

Fuses are just another line of BS from the "Audio Grade" manufactures.

If fuses made a huge difference then the major fuse manufactures would be making them.

Ohms
I think we determined in a previous thread that the smart physicists fled the LHC to make audio tweaks.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

OldHvyMec

Forum Donor
I've listened to many after market fuses. They will change the sound because they are not constructed like a fuse. I've taken a few apart.
There are some pretty creative people out there. I found that a standard busman fuse on startup will heave and flex considerably and
it takes up to 45 minutes for that tiny wire to cool back down if it ever does without a shut down. Every time I've HEARD a difference
that was the case after paying a little closer attention.

When I bypass the fuse I accomplished the same thing. There is no recovery time for that little piece of shit to recover from.
I honestly think that most of the warm up time on equipment is because that fuse needs to cool down from a cold start. NO STANDBY.

That is the only way for me to be able to tell a difference after I thought I heard a difference. I retested over and over and found
as long as the fuse temp stays close to ambient there is no effect that cleaning the fuse holder wouldn't have accomplished.

I know that swapping a worn out fuses in speakers was the number one reason for poor performance in Infinity speakers.
100s were sold that needed nothing more than a saging fuse change and a fuse holder cleaned. Speaker cabling is the same way
it is as good as it is maintained. Green gunk is never good and cable that is constructed now vs 40 years ago are quite different.

Because I'm a old wore out nosy mechanic, I do what I do. I don't trust anyone or anything other than the dog, the rabbit and the chickens.

I suggest looking inside some of these construction marvels. The way the filament is tapered at one end and then attached to the
end caps without solder. The number of wraps for a slow blow and the tapered shaft is kind of interesting. They fill the barrel with
a heat dissipation fluid or a very fine dry medium. BOTH act a dampening fluid and a heat transfer medium. The barrel is not
a standard glass tube. Some have a sub strata wire coiled top to bottom over a ???? tube then shrink wrapped with ????

That goop on the end of the caps is usually a thick paste full of 2 or 3000 psi fine graphite. There is a reason for that. I first saw that
in the drilling equipment along with dampened fuses. It's a simple contact enhancer but it has a vibration quality that keeps the
fuse seated while using heavy fast top hammers. The wiring and fuses take a beating like nothing I've ever seen. I worked on some
serious vibration issues through the years. As my eastern EU peers would say "we need different gummy puffers"

Fuses in general work as intended. To protect the piece of gear. It has nothing to do with fires. If that were the case my vacuum cleaner
would have one. Not to mention my blender. Come to think of it my smaller Shark does have a thermal shut down. LOL

I have watched people install fuses that have all this fancy tech only to realize that putting a piece of 5N forged silver wire and the same with
forged copper 5N copper gave that same effect for 5 bucks. If I can justify 5 bucks in my Cary valve amps and NEVER had a problem. It's worth
it to me. I hate fuses and breakers until I smell Romex. That is what insurance is for. Oops did I say that?

Every piece of gear I use has 2 breakers and stick fuses or circuit breaker # 3. If it gets any safer it won't turn on without a combination.

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
At what point do these people realize they’ve been had? It must be crushing.
I have to imagine they have some serious layers of True Belief protecting their psyche.

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
That’s why it was added because they work ,what you don’t understand you ignore .if you have not tried them then you speak out of ignorance.

We know they "work". The only reason why we ignore them, is because the mechanism behind their apparent improvements of sound has an overwhelmingly huge risk of being caused by placebo.

Ignorance... sure. I guarantee you that any person who has a just reasonable amount of knowledge about electronics will tell you that fuses can't do the things you claim they do. I've worked with technicians and engineers who had all kinds of minor superstitions, and I've had plenty of them myself over the years, but I've never ever met an electronics professional who wouldn't laugh a the idea of audiophile fuses. It's downright physically impossible for them to do those things, whereas the placebo effect is notorious for giving the opposite impression.

Try them ,they have a trial period Nothing to loose and Everything
To gain !!

Every single kind of con man nonsense product on the planet is sold with the same marvelous return policy, for a good reason. It's the con man who has everything to win and nothing to loose. It's the worst possible justification for jumping head first into a scam, but people can't help themselves.

Top Bottom