• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audio Magic Ultimate Premier Beeswax SHD Fuse

egellings

Major Contributor
Did I say that return policies are reserved for scam products? No.

My whole point is that a return policy is just a service. It tells you nothing about the validity of a product's claimed performance benefits.

For con men, it just happens to have the beneficial side effect of working together with expectation bias to make the statistics look good.
The con-people also expect that purchasers won't bother to use the return policy if the product is an inexpensive one. The purchaser will simply bin faulty/useless product and chalk it up to experience.

BR52

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Close to 150 threads for this bs.
It’s my personal impression. Is it worth to spend some time in our life vor it?

Salt

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Definitely not promoting the idea that these hi dollar fuses present "value". That being said, it should be easy enough to test different fuse types on amir's test bench. Ceramic, sand filled, and clear glass fuses would be a good start. Low and high values along with fast or slow blow could be tested. This would provide some hard data, which may or may not be meaningful depending on where the fuse is used. A main input power fuse has little chance of making an audible difference. If you doubt this, remember the audio path loop is primarily through the final capacitor in the DC supply. A fuse to protect a speaker tweeter would be a more likely problem for something audible.
Not saying this would stop speculation, beliefs, expectation bias, etc. I am saying some hard data would be nice. I have not searched ASR to find out if this has been done - too lazy.
Absolutely true, it needs scientific exploration (to stop these discussions).

Could add a 15 cent silver plated russian fuse to this.

Cbdb2

Major Contributor
Making a decision about ANYTHING without having had direct experience is sheer speculation ... no matter how many "experts" may pontificate about it. The only experts are the ones who put it to the test.
Can they be wrong? Yes, of course. But they are the only ones who have the right to speak authoritatively.
Anybody else is simply talking off the top of his head.
I guess you need to experience walking in front of a bus before you decide not to.
The only experts are the ones who have studied and designed audio electronics using physics. There here but you choose to believe the voodoo. Let me guess, no blind listening.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
D

Deleted member 21219

I test all my fuses to be sure they blow at the correct current before I use them.

1693761884843.jpeg

:D :D :D

Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom