• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

ASR == Anti-Science Review

TLEDDY

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
”Which one looks coolest?”

Cary 805 SE

Wombat

Master Contributor
Last edited:

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Anytime there is a poster that challenges the the deeply held belief systems on this forum certain forum members are deeply offended emotionally and then silence the poster with a ban. How is this forum scientific if there is no objective discussions because certain people are too emotionally immature to consider what they believe may be wrong?

I think posters that come on hear believing something are asked to provide proof or to do properly conducted blind test in the name of science.
Claiming an amp or DAC 'sounds' a certain way based on what one clearly and unmistakably heard is not science unless tested in a controlled way with the proper controls. This is what is questioned and ends up in heated debates.
People generally stop posting or leave. In rare cases, where some persist and are showing multiple signs of trolling (alike) behavior... yes they may get a ban after being warned. This happens on all forums that are based on (strong) belief.

Personally I like to discuss these matters with people and try to get them to test in different ways than they do. Experience learns they won't/don't because these ways of testing go against their beliefs so don't see any value in it.
No point in arguing with those types... always ends unsatisfactory for both 'sides'.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
Evidence evidence evidence. Controlled listening tests, objective measurements..... Personal anecdotes can never be evidence even when everyone in the world believes it. Only when you can dispute bias and accept the scientific proving protocol, then we can talk. Otherwise it's nothing.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
He gave opinions that a lot of members did not like so he was banned.
You can give your opinion. But when you want to dispute others opinion, you need proof and evidence. There are countless researches on audibility. There are threads dedicated to them.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Who is 'He'?.

Zalive comes to mind, allhifi and Calexico but they were not the only ones I reckon.
Some were here just to troll such as bratboy and some others.

Last edited:

Wombat

Master Contributor

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
If you are saying @solderdude does not come to mind re the OP claim, I agree.

If, alternatively, you were posing a question, one of these '?' is missing.
Actually what I was going to say is : "you don't say that". Not a serious reply.

Wombat

Master Contributor
Forums should be lively. Standing on one's dignity and standing on one's soapbox has to be tempered by the aims of the forum.

I think some members haven't understood this forum's aims as spelled out in its masthead. A subjective free-for-all it is not.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Top Bottom