• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

ASR == Anti-Science Review

Hypnotoad

What I said above is sufficiently clear and does not require restating nor rearrangement by anyone else.

Straight through to the keeper. :)

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

Wombat

Master Contributor
It's all "text on a screen" to me.

Though sometimes I catch myself contemplating of what a face-to-face exchange would consist.

Damn heart pokers. :)

Wombat

Master Contributor
I am a member of three major audio/hifi forums, I rate ASR as being for the objective HiFi enthusiast, the other two which I won't name, the first being for the subjective WTMM (Way Too Much Money) enthusiast, the other is in between, with subjective and objective enthusiasts.

One thing that should be pointed out is that it's not compulsory to jump on anyone that has different views than your own, but as I said earlier every forum has there fair share of those types.

And those with overly sensitive dispositions.

Duckeenie

I have not necessarily caught all of your threads but you strike me as someone who might be happier at one of the "listening based" fora of which there are many. Discussion as you refer to it ,, is not objective it is subjective. Measurements are objective. My observation is that "listening based audiophiles" are the ones who frequently are too emotionally immature, or in my experience too technologically lazy (to learn the scientific foundation that audio is based on whether as a hobby or in professional life.) to review scientific data. They are the ones that freak out when their beloved tube amps measure like shit. This is a great group. If you don't like it here, I think you should find someplace that fits your view of the hobby,, better.

Squeeze his balls a little tighter, why don't you?

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Last edited:

GrimSurfer

Major Contributor
Whispered at -121 dB.

Xulonn

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
LOL! You guys keep confirming my choice for an avatar...

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
There are a couple of members who are running around like a bull in a china shop expressing their opinions in a mean spirited manner. I don't know what they get out of it, but it's annoying. Making broad disparaging statements is an act certain to offend.

GrimSurfer

Major Contributor
Ok, you got me. I was thinking "Nanatatche". It's a native North American Indian word which means "he who lost his American Express Card and don't give a fcuk". - Favorite Line from the movie "Down & Out in Beverly Hills".

Intended to offend Ron... and only Ron. For reasons that aren't clear to me but Ron will raise later on :p

Last edited:

TLEDDY

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Benchmark - measures great/sounds great
Pass First Watt - measures weird/sounds great
Audio Research and some other tube amps - measures mediocre/ can sound great

You pays your money and make your choice.

Amps I love:

Benchmark
AR D79B
Pass Aleph 3
Cary 805 SE

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
Benchmark - measures great/sounds great
Pass First Watt - measures weird/sounds great
Audio Research and some other tube amps - measures mediocre/ can sound great

You pays your money and make your choice.

Amps I love:

Benchmark
AR D79B
Pass Aleph 3
Cary 805 SE

Which one looks coolest?

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
I keep trying to goad @Thomas savage into banning me, but every time I allude to his various deviancies or the sad nature of being the lovechild of a fallen woman, he just comes back for more.
Hey so ya dad spent your collage fund down a back street with me mum... Let it go.. I'm sure he had other ways of making you feel ' extra' special so just concentrate on them.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
I am a member of three major audio/hifi forums, I rate ASR as being for the objective HiFi enthusiast, the other two which I won't name, the first being for the subjective WTMM (Way Too Much Money) enthusiast, the other is in between, with subjective and objective enthusiasts.

One thing that should be pointed out is that it's not compulsory to jump on anyone that has different views than your own, but as I said earlier every forum has there fair share of those types.
We are ment to be the least aggressive objective forum though, in that sense the op dose have a slight point.

We do need to try and be as friendly as possible, it's hard as your fighting human nature on the internet.

There's plenty of members that maintain the right atmosphere, there's one or two that don't.

It's hard for me to police ..... job , girlfriend, life and @watchnerd Mrs are constant distractions.

Top Bottom