• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Are Youtube reviews of audio gear only allowed to be presented by dudes?

bryanl9581

Forum Donor
[QUOTE="When you earn much less than a man doing the same job you have to be careful about what you're spending it on.[/QUOTE]

This has been debunked many times by many different economists, male and female. When you make it an apples-to-apples comparison, the wage gap nearly disappears.

HiFidFan

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

BinkieHuckerback

Gender/sex doesn't determine what one's attitude is to anything. (You mention shoes. As if that's a 'female' prerogative. Same with anything else.)

HiFidFan

Forum Donor
Gender/sex doesn't determine what one's attitude is to anything. (You mention shoes. As if that's a 'female' prerogative. Same with anything else.)

You mean like, tampons?

Anthony101

Differences between men and women are most significant and most robust in the more prosperous, advanced industrial societies like the US, Canada, UK and France. Nations with high social development, long life expectancy, high levels of literacy, education, and income are likely to have the largest sex differences in personality. Why should that be? Prosperity and equality bring greater opportunities for self-actualization men and women are empowered to be who they most truly are.

For example, it is conspicuously the case that gay liberation is a feature of advanced, prosperous societies: such societies afford almost everyone on the gender spectrum more opportunities to embrace their gender identities. It appears that in the pursuit of happiness, men and women take somewhat different paths.

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
History says otherwise. The ancient Greeks and Japanese Samurai are both counter examples of your para. 2. Numerous polynesian societies were counter to your para. 1.

BinkieHuckerback

'It appears that in the pursuit of happiness, men and women take somewhat different paths.' Really? Surely people tend to like the same things, regardless of gender - comfort, security, 'love', safety...

HiFidFan

Forum Donor
Studies have found that greater national wealth and gender equality are tied to bigger differences in preferences between men and women rather than to stronger similarities

BBC-Worklife

Scientific American

BinkieHuckerback

'Stockholm-based recruiter Dani Nguyen agrees. “Even in Sweden there is something of an ‘old boys club’, she argues. “The corporate environment has been built by white men and for white men.”'
and
'Hermle also wants to ensure their findings are not misinterpreted as favoring evolutionary or biological explanations over social factors. “The biggest misinterpretation could be that our results indicate that social or gender-specific roles do not matter in the formation of gender differences in preferences,” he says. “I do think that they matter a lot.”'

oldsysop

Leaving aside if this is true or not, how is it relevant? These yootoobers have little of value to say, are often clearly bullshitting, when not actually wrong. They appear to just be dudes with big egos and/or need for attention/validation.
:facepalm:

danadam

“Even in Sweden there is something of an ‘old boys club’, she argues. “The corporate environment has been built by white men and for white men.”'
By white men? In Sweden? Who would have thought. ;)

flyzipper

Considering that interest in music is not likely to differ much male/female/whatever.

Attempting to create a connection between the enjoyment of music (consuming the final product) and the review of audio equipment (discussing how it's made) may be a false equivalence*. Anecdotally, I've showcased my home theatre to men and women, and while both might comment, "wow!", only men** have asked, "how?", so perhaps that rare interest in the details is the missing link.

* similar to stating, "men and women enjoy using furniture, so both should enjoy woodworking and/or reviewing its equipment".
** and even then, some men, not all.

How come women are not into audio like men are?
How come women are not into mountain biking like men are?
How come women are not into street racing as much as men are?
How come women are not exactly like men?

Because, BIOLOGY baby! Sorry, the human species shares many of the same traits as other animals and mother nature has dictated that having two different ways of doing things ensures the continuation of the species. The difference between the two sexes is by design, it works and has worked for hundreds of thousands of years and that is why you have parents and actually exist. Many thousands of other species have died off because they could not adapt.

How come women live longer than men although they have more parts? Testosterone makes you stupid, that stupidity is what allows the species to survive because mother nature does not need seeds, it needs creatures to make more humans...that takes time. A man can provide seeds for 50 to 70 years, women have a time limit so naturally... in the great scheme of things, men are more disposable biologically. Look at bees, you have the queen and a bunch of drones...if you are a human male...think about it.

Yes, men and women think differently--they don't think the same because the two sexes has different functions. In the law of nature, your job is to reproduce (hormones rule you) provide for the hive and die off when you are unable to work. You are...a drone. Men tend to be protective over women, that is built in. Men tend to do rash things and very dangerous things but mama nature dictates that activity because that is what drones do. Look up what testosterone does... you can take additional testosterone or give it to women to really jack up the recipe! If you give women a bunch of testosterone, tney become very mean, violent and do rash things.

You would think that anyone would know that! I guess if you didn't take a biology, A&P or medical classes...you have an excuse to be ignorant. Real life ain't Facebook or political garbage...when it comes to medicine you have to get rid of the snake oil. Men and women are not the same--they are not because nature and evolution are involved to ensure we survive. Anyone that has taken A&P knows there are a lot of differences between the two, the reasons for that being that way and why it works.

I've know quite a few women that like audio gear, they want good sound but it is not a passion or hobby. I dated a lady that rebuilt the engine in her Mustang convertible--not common but it happens. She had no passion for it, didn't want to talk about compression ratios, valve overlap and that sort of thing...it's just a car. A good friend of mine is a master electrician, she is one smart cookie and does very well. How many women are in the trades? 1.5% at the last count.

My wife enjoys good sound, a good movie and presses on. She has no passion for it, does not care about watts per channel, Atmos or specs etc. I've dated quite a few women, some of them really like good sound but allowed me to design, implement the system and enjoyed it. Very thankful that I saved them a bunch of cash while getting exactly what they wanted. However, not a single girl I ever dated or was friends with ever wanted to talk about audio equipment--not one! Cars? Sure! TVs, computers, phones or printers...plenty of questions but never a major passion for it.

The only thing I can think of is because it don't matter. Audio? Really? Come on...first world problem. Why do women care more about clothes and personal appearance than men? In the bology book! Why do women tend to care more about children than men? In the biology book! How come men have collections numbering into the thousands while women generally don't? Ultimately, the survival of the species is on women because only they can reproduce. For this reason, there are considerable design differences from parts, body design and the way they think. You don't think they live longer by accident do you? Look at the darwin awards...notice who wins most of the awards...by far it is men.

So, according to the rules of biology and A&P, the reason men are dominant in audio, cars, tools, air craft, boating, fishing, and most other passions and hobbies on Youtube is because women have to think of the bigger picture. Women tend to be less "thing" oriented while men try to accumulate things to attract females. Stupid is as stupid does and men pay higher car insurance premiums because....we do stupid things more than women.

Sorry, no conspiracy involved--it makes sense and science has your answer. I had older and younger sisters and brothers and yes, they do things differently as infants, as children, as teenagers and as adults. Since I do pay attention, it was not a shock when in freshmen biology we learned about the differences in thinking and why it makes sense as a survival tactic. Men are more curious, is that the sound of a tiger in the tree let me check (the women run away instantly) If it is, the guy becomes lunch but that's OK...more curious drones to follow. The smarter drones made it out alive and that improves the performance of the species.

I am glad I could offend you....because mother nature is a real mother! The main reason women don't get into the stuff that men like is because...it really don't matter for life. Testosterone makes you stupid, watch teenagers to see the effects. Humanity can improve and move forward but somebody has to do it first...keep dying off until somebody gets it right. That is the job for the drones, one drone can father 100 kids but females can't so... the drone gets the testosterone. 9 months VS 20 minutes...do the math.

In summation, women like a lot of the same things as men--they do! However, they have a greater purpose and a greater sense of self-preservation as their braines are wired that way. Men? We do not have that great a sense of self-preservation and die off faster...by design. So rejoice, you will live a shorter life, you will do more stupid things AND you will have worse hearing from doing stupid things. Yep, on average men have greater hearing loss than women...drone lyfe!

Something for the "golden ears" to think about... women out number you and they have better hearing. That means...your golden ears are... tin. Now claim you are the best of the bottom half...

HiFidFan

Forum Donor
How come women are not into audio like men are?
How come women are not into mountain biking like men are?
How come women are not into street racing as much as men are?
How come women are not exactly like men?

Because, BIOLOGY baby! Sorry, the human species shares many of the same traits as other animals and mother nature has dictated that having two different ways of doing things ensures the continuation of the species. The difference between the two sexes is by design, it works and has worked for hundreds of thousands of years and that is why you have parents and actually exist. Many thousands of other species have died off because they could not adapt.

How come women live longer than men although they have more parts? Testosterone makes you stupid, that stupidity is what allows the species to survive because mother nature does not need seeds, it needs creatures to make more humans...that takes time. A man can provide seeds for 50 to 70 years, women have a time limit so naturally... in the great scheme of things, men are more disposable biologically. Look at bees, you have the queen and a bunch of drones...if you are a human male...think about it.

Yes, men and women think differently--they don't think the same because the two sexes has different functions. In the law of nature, your job is to reproduce (hormones rule you) provide for the hive and die off when you are unable to work. You are...a drone. Men tend to be protective over women, that is built in. Men tend to do rash things and very dangerous things but mama nature dictates that activity because that is what drones do. Look up what testosterone does... you can take additional testosterone or give it to women to really jack up the recipe! If you give women a bunch of testosterone, tney become very mean, violent and do rash things.

You would think that anyone would know that! I guess if you didn't take a biology, A&P or medical classes...you have an excuse to be ignorant. Real life ain't Facebook or political garbage...when it comes to medicine you have to get rid of the snake oil. Men and women are not the same--they are not because nature and evolution are involved to ensure we survive. Anyone that has taken A&P knows there are a lot of differences between the two, the reasons for that being that way and why it works.

I've know quite a few women that like audio gear, they want good sound but it is not a passion or hobby. I dated a lady that rebuilt the engine in her Mustang convertible--not common but it happens. She had no passion for it, didn't want to talk about compression ratios, valve overlap and that sort of thing...it's just a car. A good friend of mine is a master electrician, she is one smart cookie and does very well. How many women are in the trades? 1.5% at the last count.

My wife enjoys good sound, a good movie and presses on. She has no passion for it, does not care about watts per channel, Atmos or specs etc. I've dated quite a few women, some of them really like good sound but allowed me to design, implement the system and enjoyed it. Very thankful that I saved them a bunch of cash while getting exactly what they wanted. However, not a single girl I ever dated or was friends with ever wanted to talk about audio equipment--not one! Cars? Sure! TVs, computers, phones or printers...plenty of questions but never a major passion for it.

The only thing I can think of is because it don't matter. Audio? Really? Come on...first world problem. Why do women care more about clothes and personal appearance than men? In the bology book! Why do women tend to care more about children than men? In the biology book! How come men have collections numbering into the thousands while women generally don't? Ultimately, the survival of the species is on women because only they can reproduce. For this reason, there are considerable design differences from parts, body design and the way they think. You don't think they live longer by accident do you? Look at the darwin awards...notice who wins most of the awards...by far it is men.

So, according to the rules of biology and A&P, the reason men are dominant in audio, cars, tools, air craft, boating, fishing, and most other passions and hobbies on Youtube is because women have to think of the bigger picture. Women tend to be less "thing" oriented while men try to accumulate things to attract females. Stupid is as stupid does and men pay higher car insurance premiums because....we do stupid things more than women.

Sorry, no conspiracy involved--it makes sense and science has your answer. I had older and younger sisters and brothers and yes, they do things differently as infants, as children, as teenagers and as adults. Since I do pay attention, it was not a shock when in freshmen biology we learned about the differences in thinking and why it makes sense as a survival tactic. Men are more curious, is that the sound of a tiger in the tree let me check (the women run away instantly) If it is, the guy becomes lunch but that's OK...more curious drones to follow. The smarter drones made it out alive and that improves the performance of the species.

I am glad I could offend you....because mother nature is a real mother! The main reason women don't get into the stuff that men like is because...it really don't matter for life. Testosterone makes you stupid, watch teenagers to see the effects. Humanity can improve and move forward but somebody has to do it first...keep dying off until somebody gets it right. That is the job for the drones, one drone can father 100 kids but females can't so... the drone gets the testosterone. 9 months VS 20 minutes...do the math.

In summation, women like a lot of the same things as men--they do! However, they have a greater purpose and a greater sense of self-preservation as their braines are wired that way. Men? We do not have that great a sense of self-preservation and die off faster...by design. So rejoice, you will live a shorter life, you will do more stupid things AND you will have worse hearing from doing stupid things. Yep, on average men have greater hearing loss than women...drone lyfe!

Something for the "golden ears" to think about... women out number you and they have better hearing. That means...your golden ears are... tin. Now claim you are the best of the bottom half...

Ridiculous!

"20 minutes"?

Last edited:

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
mother nature has NEVER dictated that having two different ways of doing things ensures the continuation of the species

nor has natural selection

your main point, that males and females differ in many behavioral characteristics across species is true, but unexceptional

flyzipper

Not related directly to the OP's question, but YouTube randomly recommended this to me...

I'm not submitting the video as evidence of anything.

As a Tool fan, I had no idea she produced Opiate and Undertow, and simply thought the serendipitous connection was cool.

Top Bottom