• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Apollon Audio Class-D Amp Build Quality

Fidji

I have received my dual mono Purifi 1E7040 piano black yesterday.

Photos on webpage don‘t do it justice - it looks stunning in reality. I hope my electrostats now have all they need.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I have received my dual mono Purifi 1E7040 piano black yesterday.

Photos on webpage don‘t do it justice - it looks stunning in reality. I hope my electrostats now have all they need.
This one?
Is this grand piano black?

Fidji

This one?
Is this grand piano black?

this one, with OPA1612.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
this one, with OPA1612.

\
This is simply wonderful and is laid out well. Why the same layout on the power supplies? Does that serve a purpose?
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Screenshot 2023-07-12 153010.png

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
That is my dream amp right there.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I would guess due to the position of the hat sinks?
Yes, I saw that and decided that the position is not critical as long as air flows around them. It is more intelligent to lay them out for proper shorter wire routing than aesthetic appearances. I think something is missing from this issue. They must have some reason?

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I think the heat sinks from the power supplies are between them and the modules for extra EMI shielding.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I think the heat sinks from the power supplies are between them and the modules for extra EMI shielding.
Interesting. Those 2 green transformers are right on the edge furthest from the amp PCBs so you may be right.

Tom22

Makes sense, but in the smaller amps Apollon introduced in April (that I am currently considering to buy), the heatsink touches the front panel, at least the Ncx500 version…I wonder if it would have significant benefits to turn it around…

soerenssen

Addicted to Fun and Learning
@Apollon Audio Please help me decide between two of your stereo amps. I am looking for enough power reserve and a clean, neutral, unchanged sound profile.
Speakers: Kef Reference Meta 3 (86dB, minimum impedance 3.2 ohm, 300W amp recommended by Kef), initially without subwoofer support, so they need lots of current.

Candidates:
- Stereo 1ET7040A with current output max 40A.
- Stereo NCx500 with current output not displayed on the website, but the dual mono configuration has 28A so I expect a bit less (?).

Do you have measurements available for the 1ET7040A?
Thank you for your help in advance!

Redwine

@Apollon Audio Please help me decide between two of your stereo amps. I am looking for enough power reserve and a clean, neutral, unchanged sound profile.
Speakers: Kef Reference Meta 3 (86dB, minimum impedance 3.2 ohm, 300W amp recommended by Kef), initially without subwoofer support, so they need lots of current.

Candidates:
- Stereo 1ET7040A with current output max 40A.
- Stereo NCx500 with current output not displayed on the website, but the dual mono configuration has 28A so I expect a bit less (?).

Do you have measurements available for the 1ET7040A?
Thank you for your help in advance!
Write to them directly, they are very helpful.

afinepoint

Forum Donor
I ordered my 1ET7040SA on 7/15 in silver metallic. As I mentioned in another thread it's Iike waiting for Christmas morning.

VMAT4

Forum Donor
I ordered my 1ET7040SA on 7/15 in silver metallic. As I mentioned in another thread it's Iike waiting for Christmas morning.
Yeah, I bought an Apollo. Good things come to those who wait.

soerenssen

In the mono block it's the other way around, the heat sink touching the fronts. Would this layout have any disadvantages (without this "EMI shielding")?

afinepoint

Forum Donor
Yeah, I bought an Apollo. Good things come to those who wait.
I asked Apollon (Tibor) for an update. He emailed the following:

"the enclosure has already been machined and readied for the paint shop last week.

Now it needs to undergo painting and curing and then we will process with the assembly process once it is back at our place.

Thank you and talk to you soon!

Tibor"

Getting there. FYI for others it's been three weeks. If you order custom items expect a greater production time.

Tom22

Nice Amp!
Greetings from my new Ncx500 ST in titan grey. Far simpler case than the one shown above but I like it as well.
Power is sufficient even at lowest gain setting (12,8)…absolutely quiet

It is as if a veil had been lifted…just kidding!

Attachments

• IMG_0632.jpeg
    IMG_0632.jpeg
    279.7 KB · Views: 191
Top Bottom