• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Amir's favorite videos....

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I will admit it... when I want to relax or before going to sleep, I watch fair bit of videos on youtube. Some are instructional. But others are just fun. I thought I create a thread and post them here in the odd chance that some of you might enjoy them as well.

Here is the first one. "Fun" day boating on the water:

This guy has a whole channel dedicated to videos of people struggling through the Haulover Inlet (south Florida). Waters can bet quite choppy there.

JP

Major Contributor
20+ years ago in Seattle my wife and MIL would get durian every few weeks. I could smell it from the apartment parking garage which was 5 stories below the apartment.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
When we first moved here, we also picked up a Dorian fruit. Cut it open and the smell was enough for the rest of the family to not even want to try it. I ate some and it reminded me of banana pudding which I found nice. I proceeded to eat fair bit of it but that was the last time we tried it.

JP

Major Contributor
I was never able to get past the smell to try it.

JSmith

Master Contributor
Dorian fruit
It's durian actually... yep, sure does smell. I've eaten it many times in Thailand though and actually find it quite nice. It has a weird custard sort of flavour and an interesting texture. :)

For those that don't know, in some SE Asian countries, one cannot eat this fruit on public transport;
Signs like this are remarkably common throughout countries like Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, and Indonesia. Most of the public transit systems, such as the buses and metros, outright refuse passengers carrying durians, and people caught smuggling them onboard can face hefty fines.

0ffe981c0771e7644936d98a786f626b--sign-boards-singapore.jpg

I just found this along my travels, durian has been made it into a whiskey;

JSmith

Travis

I will admit it... when I want to relax or before going to sleep, I watch fair bit of videos on youtube. Some are instructional. But others are just fun. I thought I create a thread and post them here in the odd chance that some of you might enjoy them as well.

Here is the first one. "Fun" day boating on the water:

This guy has a whole channel dedicated to videos of people struggling through the Haulover Inlet (south Florida). Waters can bet quite choppy there.
Yes is very challenging, but nothing close to the Columbia River Bar in your backyard.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Yes is very challenging, but nothing close to the Columbia River Bar in your backyard.
Indeed. People lose their lives every few years when a boat capsizes in the cold waters.

dlaloum

Major Contributor
I've heard of aircraft being grounded due to passengers bringing Durian onboard....

JP

Major Contributor
You're like a manual version of my TikTok feed :)

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Found it. Set aside a couple of hours (less if you speed it up) to get a profound understanding of our Universe from Brian Cox:

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I've watched some of those Haulover Inlet videos, can be pretty entertaining. Same for some of the videos showing people putting in/taking out on the boat ramp....I did have durian while in Singapore and thought it delicious but haven't wanted to bring it in the house otoh. I find myself watching a fair number of DW documentary videos as well as some travel ones for places I'll never get to.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
A member introduced me to this channel recently. It is about villagers in Pakistan trying western food they have never had. They have picked such wonderful people to try them. And production qualities is excellent as well. Here is a summary of some of their 2021 videos to give a taste of it, pun intended:

Digby

Major Contributor
I too like the tribal Pakistani channel. They are very humble fellows and seem far more relaxed than most would in front of a camera. The childlike wonder they had at boneless fish fillets was quite something to behold.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Some of these youtubers are incredible filmmakers. I am just amazed at how good they are in writing, videography, being in front of camera, editing, etc. All by themselves means they have to setup the shot, backtrack, shoot it, and then come back to pick up the camera over and over again.

Top Bottom