• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Has anyone attempted to power the Dali Spector 1 using the Aiyima A07 Pro, T9 Pro, or Fosi V3 or ZA3?

Kingshuk

Has anyone attempted to power the low sensitivity (83DB, 6ohm and 40-100 power rating) Dali Spector 1 using the Aiyima A07 Pro, T9 Pro, or Fosi V3 or ZA3? How do they deliver in terms of tonal richness and clarity across the midrange and bass frequencies? I'm considering them for desktop use, where I require moderate volume.

wavetrade

I have. Used both a Fosi V3 and Topping PA5II. Didn't need any more power in my opinion, they both sounded delightful. The Spektor 1 is an amazing speaker for the price and size.

OP
K

Kingshuk

I have. Used both a Fosi V3 and Topping PA5II. Didn't need any more power in my opinion, they both sounded delightful. The Spektor 1 is an amazing speaker for the price and size.
This might seem like a silly question. Have you tried utilizing both the Fosi V3 and Topping PA5II together to power the Dali? If not, which one do you favor in terms of sound experience?

SenorChang

I’ve used the Fosi BT20A Pro 48v with Dali Zensor 1, 3 and Opticon 1 Mk 1. BT20A Pro had more than enough power in small and medium sized rooms. I was impressed with their clarity and dynamics. Firm bass, sibilance free rich vocals.

wavetrade

This might seem like a silly question. Have you tried utilizing both the Fosi V3 and Topping PA5II together to power the Dali? If not, which one do you favor in terms of sound experience?
I am not sure using them together is even possible. And why? I did hook up an Audiophonics LPA-S600NCX to see if lots of power made any difference. It didn't.

All of the amps sounded flat out excellent with these speakers. The only note I can think of is that the Fosi V3 seemed to have a touch more in the high end, perhaps it is load dependency. I stuck with the PA5II powering this setup as the size is fitting and it sounds better than I ever expected.

Top Bottom