• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A Call For Humor!

Kerfuffle

Cotham, Frank mind-if-i-turn-my-hearing-aid-down.jpeg

Keith_W

Major Contributor

I am probably one of very very few ASR members to know what burning human flesh smells like. When I was a medical student, surgeons were using diathermy knives. This works by arcing electricity from a small point thus cutting flesh whilst sealing it at the same time so there is less bleeding. The smell is a savoury-sweet, a bit like cured ham. It was enough to put me off pork for quite some time.

DonR

Major Contributor
I am probably one of very very few ASR members to know what burning human flesh smells like. When I was a medical student, surgeons were using diathermy knives. This works by arcing electricity from a small point thus cutting flesh whilst sealing it at the same time so there is less bleeding. The smell is a savoury-sweet, a bit like cured ham. It was enough to put me off pork for quite some time.
Oh, I think there are plenty of us here who have smelled burning flesh. Spend enough time around a soldering iron and that whiff is unmistakable,

Top Bottom