• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A Call For Humor!

Marc v E

Major Contributor
A baffling picture. Is it a bedroom with a pool or a pool converted to a bedroom? Or not real?

Screenshot_20230317-153102_Opera.jpg

symphara

Addicted to Fun and Learning
A baffling picture. Is it a bedroom with a pool or a pool converted to a bedroom? Or not real?

index.php

You definitely don't want to wake up groggy in the middle of the night.

Or knock one of those nightstand lamps...

Looks like a Stable Diffusion project.

PS: love the air conditioning unit on the back wall, a nice touch

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I was on a flight the other day and the pilot came on and made his preflight announcement.

Afterwards he forgot to turn off his mic and was heard saying to his copilot, "Sure can't wait to have a cup of hot coffee and bang that cute flight attendant."

Just then a startled flight attendant sprinted up the aisle, tripped and fell.

A little old lady sitting next to where she fell said, "Relax sweetie, he said he was going to have a cup of coffee first."

Last edited:

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
If I had a room like that i would fill the pool with piranhas. Or sharks with frickin' lasers on their heads. Or maybe a few bad tempered sea bass.
And if you intend to try and sleep in that bed. You will need a stack of dehumidifiers or flippers and snorkel. :rolleyes:

Neddy

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Nice trinitron. Wonder where is the ideal listening position.
Putin's Pool Room? Tip that monster trinitron over into the pool for security...or the reverse.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
You definitely don't want to wake up groggy in the middle of the night.//Or knock one of those nightstand lamps...//Looks like a Stable Diffusion project.//PS: love the air conditioning unit on the back wall, a nice touch
The black furniture/decor just ruins that feng-shui thingy... probably attempted by someone else hoping for lucid dreams.
The CRT-TV in the bedroom tells me that the owner was probably tone-deaf or music was not part of his 'ecosphere'!
I would have gone with a see-thru waterbed/jacuzzi combo and a transparent sauna in one corner.:cool:

Peterinvan

More Imperial Confusion:

A
furlong is a measure of distance in imperial units and United States customary units equal to one eighth of a mile, equivalent to 660 feet, 220 yards, 40 rods, 10 chains or approximately 201 metres.

A second was defined as the duration of a one metre pendalum (actually 0.994 m (39.1 in) long). We don't have an Imperial second.

Here in Canada we still ask for a length of 2x4. But we get 38 × 89 mm (1-1/2 × 3-1/2 in). In the plumbing department we ask for a 1/2" pipe and get 15mm.
We still talk about "mileage" but quote it in Litres/100 Km. We buy a gallon jug of milk but get four litres. McDs still sell a quarter pounder.

Last edited:
Top Bottom