• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A Call For Humor!

sejarzo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
The UK classifies basic tableware as deadly weapons

My poor mom suffered from significant dementia in the year before she passed. Not long after I moved my folks into an assisted living facility, she contracted an infection that made her delirious, and she was reportedly ranting that she was going to find a knife and cut the bad pills from the doctor out of her stomach. The staff got my dad out of there and called me.

Other than hearing my mom come to the door and throw the deadbolt (as if that would keep the staff from just unlocking it?) I heard nothing, but the staff called the police per their protocol.

I was standing at the door when the cops arrived--two big guys, fully armed, in bullet proof vests--and they got the story from me and the staff. They then said "Whoa, whoa, wait, she has KNIVES in there?" to which I replied "Every one of these units has a little kitchenette, of COURSE she has table knives in there!" They started hemming and hawing about what to do, so I just said "OK fine, I'm going in and you cover me" and told the aide to unlock the deadbolt.

My mom was asleep in her recliner and we had to wake her up when the EMT squad got there. She had absolutely no concept of what she'd said earlier.

Marc v E

Major Contributor
So ninety-nine times out of one hundred is a sign of a relationship that doesn't work ?
If you believe me and Georges Brassens, yes.

If you only believe me, I'd say the failing rate of relationships (breaking up) is between 50 and 70 percent in the West. People stay married on average 7 years iirc.
So I'd hope and like to believe that during those 7 years they have a better time than 1 good out of 100.

Last edited:

nobodynoz

Sorry, I've made a mistake it's 95 times out of 100... the woman is bored when making love...

Last edited:

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
B062CA6B-30C4-431B-9EE4-0987FD703776.jpg
Our cat is naturally blonde gray:
2020303_Spooks.png

-Matt-

Last time I checked a metre was bigger than an inch, bigger than a foot too!

Sorry for the following sense of humour failure...

Seriously can we stop with posts trashing the metric system. The SI system of units is the international standard for all scientific work. This is supposed to be a science based forum.

A Cute Earring

Sorry for the following sense of humor failure...

Seriously can we stop with posts trashing the metric system. The SI system of units is the international standard for all scientific work. This is supposed to be a science based forum.

i just thought it was funny. Sorry to offend. I’m a very pro-metric system American.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor

images (16).jpeg

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor

Sorry for the following sense of humour failure...

but an Imperial gallon is bigger than a metric... umm... well... you get the idea. ;)

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I would love to have a gray kitteh some day! We've never had one, but I love the look of 'em.
You mean a Russian Blue?
EDIT: Adding youtube link

I was born to metric but raised in SAE!
I would not care either way but the fractions just drive me nuts!

Last edited:

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
You mean a Russian Blue?
I dunno -- a kitty that's grey (or even gray) colored -- or coloured.
Most of the cats I've been associated with found us (literally) -- they know a meal ticket when they see one. :)

Top Bottom