• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A Call For Humor!

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
In the early '90s there was some talk about "the Mozart Effect". The idea was that if you played your kid (even unborn) Mozart at an early age the brat would become smarter, or something. From a BAS Speaker (Summer 2005 and attributed to Ylisa Kunze of the Oratorio Society of NY) are 'effects' you might expect if you play your unborn kid or baby other composers:.

The Liszt Effect: The child speaks rapidly and extravagantly, but never really says anything important.

The Bruckner Effect: The child speaks very slowly and repeats himself frequently, gaining a reputation for profundity.

The Wagner Effect: The child becomes a megalomaniac, and might eventually marry his sister.

The Mahler Effect: The child continually screams — at great length and volume — that he's dying.

The Schoenberg Effect: The child never repeats a word until he's used all the other words in his vocabulary. He sometimes talks backwards. Eventually people stop listening to him, and the child blames them for their inability to understand him.

The Babbitt Effect: The child gibbers nonsense all the time. Eventually people stop listening to him but the child doesn't care because all his playmates think he's cool.

The Ives Effect: The child develops a remarkable ability to carry on several separate conversations at once.

The Glass Effect: The child tends to repeat himself over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and …

The Stravinsky Effect: The child is prone to savage, guttural and profane outbursts that often lead to fighting and pandemonium in the preschool.

The Brahms Effect: The child is able to speak beautifully as long as his sentences contain a multiple of three words. However, his sentences containing four or eight words are strangely uninspired.

The Cage Effect: When asked a question the child says nothing for four and a half minutes.
They forgot the Beethoven Effect: The child scowls constantly and gruffly shoults WHAT?* whenever spoken to.

:cool:

Last edited:

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
1) I didn't see this "chestnut" posted here -- yet -- so I figured I'd post it:

1582920155558.png

1a)

1582920176827.png

2) There's a whole book of Charles Rodrigues' hifi cartoons. A little googlin' just might turn up a PDF copy out there in the cyberwebz...

1582920342323.png

3) ... and, from the early days of the hifi craze:

http://www.hifilit.com/Mad/Mad.htm

1582920478621.png

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Last edited:

HammerSandwich

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'd like to post my favorite Rodrigues, but I can't find it. Paging thru the Americanradiohistory site would take ages...

In the foreground, a woofer lies in a field. Many meters behind it, you see a building with a broken window on the 2nd story. From the door below, engineers (indicated by their white lab coats) are running toward the woofer. "You've created a great long-throw woofer, Bob! Now, if we can just control the excursion..."

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
I'd like to post my favorite Rodrigues, but I can't find it. Paging thru the Americanradiohistory site would take ages...

In the foreground, a woofer lies in a field. Many meters behind it, you see a building with a broken window on the 2nd story. From the door below, engineers (indicated by their white lab coats) are running toward the woofer. "You've created a great long-throw woofer, Bob! Now, if we can just control the excursion..."

Heh.
Lucky for you.
1) I am retired.
2) I am (somewhat) obsessive.
3) americanradiohistory has a pretty good search function for their PDF scans.

1583275457057.png

https://www.americanradiohistory.co...iFI-Stereo/80s/HiFI-Stereo-Review-1988-07.pdf

(I actually don't remember this one!)

My work is done here. :cool:

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
^^^ Gotta love those two Weltrons :)
I had a Weltron when I was a yoot'. Wish I still did, actually... :)

majingotan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
76DB1AC9-C807-469D-B954-FDBAA800F7CF.jpeg

Valve tubes can literally fry a man!

UCrazyKid

worst-album-ever.jpg

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Top Bottom