• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

7Hz x Crinacle Zero:2 IEM Review

Rate this IEM:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 34 10.2%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 288 86.2%

• Total voters

Rollingsound514

Forum Donor
Ok so despite owning the Reds, I bought these too, couldn't resist.

The fit on the Zero 2 with the tips that come already attached to them in the box (red ones) is absolutely fantastic for me personally. On account of the smaller size of the Zero 2's they feel like a custom iem fit almost for me, flush with my ear and just IN there. The flush fit means be worn with a winter toque without problem.

I upgraded the cable just cuz I always have to do that lol.

In terms of sound, the stock tuning is a lot of fun, when you're out and about or doing chores around the house this is great sound profile imo.

Amir's eq changes chill things out a bit and are nice and clear on the high end.

So for me, stock tips fantastic, cable is passable but might as well upgrade.

As for the Reds, my brain which might be wrong feels there's a bitttttt more detail you can make out? Maybe? But the fit on them isn't as good due to their larger size. I still will use them at my desk and for on the go the Zero 2's are my new go-to.

Great product.

EDIT: Come to think of it, with the tips fitting so well, and these FREAKING IEMS costing about as much as a couple of higher end replacement tips, do I just buy two?? lol

Last edited:

192kbps

Addicted to Fun and Learning
From
@August
he posted it on a Chinese social app group, and I have obtained authorization.
7Hz.png

1. MOONDROP spring
2. TANCHJIM slender
3. TANCHJIM wide
4. Truthear Zero: Red sponge
5. Truthear Zero: Red mid wide
6. Truthear Zero: Red mid slender
7. Yellow
8. RED
9. Light blue
10. Blue
11. MOONDROP sponge
12. MOONDROP Grey silicone

Last edited:
View attachment 345915
1. MOONDROP spring
2. TANCHJIM slender
3. TANCHJIM wide
4. Truthear Zero: Red sponge
5. Truthear Zero: Red mid wide
6. Truthear Zero: Red mid slender
7. Yellow
8. RED
9. Light blue
10. Blue
11. MOONDROP sponge
12. MOONDROP Grey silicone
Invaluable info, thank you very much! Seriously, you're my hero. I wish this was a more common practice, but, alas, it's too much work for most people measuring/reviewing multiple IEMs, obviously.

Last edited:

Obizzz

I couldn’t resist trying these along with the Truthear Reds. Both arrived today and I like them both but the Zero 2:s are insane value for the money. I’ll probably order another set as a backup and a set for my partner as well because why not? She’s an audiologist and we share the love of music so I think she’s appreciate these very well tuned IEM:s

The Truthears do feel a bit more premium but when it comes to the sound I actually think I prefer the 7hz. The included cable felt very cheap. Like something of a free set of headhones from the 90’s (only talking material feel here, they sounded fine) so it was a good thing I added a Tripowin Zonie cable as shown in the photo.

I tried a few different tips from my collection like the Acoustune AET07 in the photo but I think the red ones included worked best for me in the end.

Funny how these are now the cheapest IEM:s in my collection and probably the best sounding along with the Truthear Reds.

ZFC_4103.jpeg

salmo

I really don't know if I want to test other IEMs, for that price they brilliant! I'm afraid that if I buy something 4-5x more expensive, it won't be worth the price. o_O

Grobbelboy

When you apply the filters Amir provided in the review, these are brilliant full stop. No IEM that’s 4 times, 5 times or 100 times as expensive will offer anything more worthy of note.

Emlin

I really don't know if I want to test other IEMs, for that price they brilliant! I'm afraid that if I buy something 4-5x more expensive, it won't be worth the price. o_O
Of course it won't. Why the fear?

tjd

This is a review, listening tests, EQ and detailed measurements of the 7Hz x Crinacle Zero:2 IEM. It was kindly donated to me by a member and costs US $24.99.
View attachment 335107
The cable is soft and longer than typical which I like. They take fair amount of effort to push it but then they make a reassuring soft click. The tips look cheap and are quite soft. You may need aftermarket ones. I tested and listened using the default red ones you see in the review picture.

Compared to 7Hz Zero IEM that I reviewed recently, these supposed to have a bit more bass and less treble. Let's measure to find out if that is the case.

7Hz x Crinacle Zero:2 IEM Measurements
Let's start with our standard measurement on GRAS 45CA measurement fixture. I was pleased that they fit instantly and generated the predicted results:
View attachment 335108
At high level, this is excellent compliance with our target leaving enough room for manufactures to tune and owners to decide based on their taste. Getting specific, ignoring sub-bass, we have a bit of lift between 100 and 300 Hz and some short fall from 4K to 8K. So overall I expect these to have a bit more bass and more closed in/less sparkle than the original Zero. Here is the relative response for EQ development:
View attachment 335109
While the differential is not great, developing precise filters may be bit challenging due to their shape. Then again you may not need to modify the response anyway.

The distortion measurements made my jaw drop:
View attachment 335110
As you see, even 114 dBSPL generates negligible distortion by transducer standards. It was so low that I decided to zoom way in. You see noise on the blue 94 dBSPL indicating corruption due to measurement noise. So in reality performance is better than that (SINAD of nearly 80 dB). This is one clean sounding IEM.

Absolute levels also show the same:
View attachment 335111

Group delay shows no news which is what we like to see (and is typical of IEMs):
View attachment 335112

Impedance is flat and low which is as expected:
View attachment 335113

Combined with average sensitivity, just about any source can drive it:
View attachment 335114

7Hz x Crinacle Zero:2 IEM Listening Tests and EQ
First impression was that familiar sound I hear from accurate transducers with two differences: the highs were a little recessed and at times I was hearing bass I didn't even know was there! I went after the former with EQ:
View attachment 335115
The measured shortfall in treble is 5+ dB. I started there and while that brought fantastic amount of detail and great improvement in spatial qualities, after some listening, I realized it is too bright. I pulled it down to 3 dB. Listening to bass heavy tracks I started to be bothered a bit about the extra upper bass. I dialed in a filter for that which solved that but them made the sound bright. I took down the treble EQ to what you see and reduced the amount I had taken down the Bass. These values are basically 40% of what measurements indicated. AB tests of EQ and no EQ showed preference for EQ.

Then I sat back and listened. That deep, impressive sub-bass is there and is now so clean. The highs are to die for. I have no immediate comparison but I kept getting surprised by the clarity up high in tracks that I have listened to hundreds of times for review. As much as I have had the pleasure of listening to some really great headphones and IEMs, I continue to be startled by moment to moment level of fidelity as I continue to listen to them. I think this IEM will likely make you not like your regular speaker system unless it is of highest caliber! The sound is just so good.

Also amazing is the level of instrument separation/spatial qualities. So, so satisfying. I can't say enough good things.

Conclusions
You have to shake your head when you see and read about the performance of this $25 IEM. It displays a level of performance with a bit EQ that is world class. Feed it some well recorded music and you are there: the pinnacle of high fidelity sound. I don't care if you don't want to use an IEM. Get one of these (or the original Zero) and get calibrated on what good sound is.

As to whether to get the zero or zero:2, I would say that with the above EQ, Zero:2 sounds more to my liking than the original 7Hz Zero. That one though sounds more correct without EQ. Your opinion may vary.

I am happy to recommend the 7Hz x Crinacle Zero:2 IEM.

------------
As always, questions, comments, recommendations, etc. are welcome.

Any donations are much appreciated using: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/how-to-support-audio-science-review.8150/
These IEM's are pretty amazing. I upgraded to the TRIPOWIN cable with the inline microphone, instantly by fav headset replacement!

Wondering if you've see a wireless equivalent to these? Most of the IEM's you've reviewed are wired. I'm specifically looking for something wireless, with mic.

Cheers,

mc.god

I'm fully happy with original 7Hz Zero, then tryed 7Hz Sonus that i like a bit much for it's less hot pinna gain and mid bass clarity and it is my endgame for less than 70€. Could have easily eq Zero to that target or simply live totally happy with Zero stock, but for still a budget price i basically paid for a nice and flexible ribbon cable, a nice leather pouch, a good set of tips and the convenience of having my perfect target without the need of eq, and I'm ok with it.
More is not worth.

phoenixsong

I couldn’t resist trying these along with the Truthear Reds. Both arrived today and I like them both but the Zero 2:s are insane value for the money. I’ll probably order another set as a backup and a set for my partner as well because why not? She’s an audiologist and we share the love of music so I think she’s appreciate these very well tuned IEM:s

The Truthears do feel a bit more premium but when it comes to the sound I actually think I prefer the 7hz. The included cable felt very cheap. Like something of a free set of headhones from the 90’s (only talking material feel here, they sounded fine) so it was a good thing I added a Tripowin Zonie cable as shown in the photo.

I tried a few different tips from my collection like the Acoustune AET07 in the photo but I think the red ones included worked best for me in the end.

Funny how these are now the cheapest IEM:s in my collection and probably the best sounding along with the Truthear Reds.

View attachment 345953
I resonate with many of your points- the way this iem is insane value (regardless of minor preferences), are the cheapest yet best sounding in my collection (as well), the cable gripe , and how I'm excited to have others hear it for themselves asap (already recommended them to my friends). I've stopped following news and updates on audio gear, so am super thankful for this review for introducing me to my best purchase since I started the hobby nearly 12 years ago. So far the Spring Fit tips are still my favourite, but I have yet to try the original ones and will do so since you like the red ones best

Emlin

I resonate with many of your points- the way this iem is insane value (regardless of minor preferences), are the cheapest yet best sounding in my collection (as well), the cable gripe , and how I'm excited to have others hear it for themselves asap (already recommended them to my friends). I've stopped following news and updates on audio gear, so am super thankful for this review for introducing me to my best purchase since I started the hobby nearly 12 years ago. So far the Spring Fit tips are still my favourite, but I have yet to try the original ones and will do so since you like the red ones best
Resonance is normally seen as a bad thing around these parts. Along with excitement.

Chromatischism

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm fully happy with original 7Hz Zero, then tryed 7Hz Sonus that i like a bit much for it's less hot pinna gain and mid bass clarity and it is my endgame for less than 70€. Could have easily eq Zero to that target or simply live totally happy with Zero stock, but for still a budget price i basically paid for a nice and flexible ribbon cable, a nice leather pouch, a good set of tips and the convenience of having my perfect target without the need of eq, and I'm ok with it.
More is not worth.
The Sonus looks good. I wonder, Sonus vs Hexa?

phoenixsong

Resonance is normally seen as a bad thing around these parts. Along with excitement.
Also, if Amir's measurements on these aren't worthy of excitement, then I have no idea what does. Other than a little advice to be happier in life and to take breaks from the forum/hobby if you are unable to be under their *prolonged influence :)

mc.god

The Sonus looks good. I wonder, Sonus vs Hexa?
I bought Sonus after returning Hexa, mostly due to fit issues that I couldn't solve with any tips.
Sonus on the other hand fits me perfectly and I can say I prefer it over Hexa, but given the fitting problems i tryed Hexa for a very short time and in not optimal context.

mig59

Added Tripowin Altea balanced cable, Tanchjim Space and Spinfit W1 tips. Could not be happier with sound, comfort and useability :)

Top Bottom