• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

7hz Salnotes Zero - the "other" Zero

markanini

Major Contributor
anyone got the impression that this IEMs is bassy and punchy yet it's not hitting as hard? I wish drums and kicks sound could sound a bit more impactful with Zero.
Only after contrasting to other sets, I was more impressed by Truthear Hola and Red in that department.

mc.god

Well i think that it's exactly what can be expected from their FR and what makes them + Hola a fantastic combo to own, both sound very good without EQ and you can switch them according to your mood of the moment or preference with specific music genre.

cbracer

Forum Donor
anyone got the impression that this IEMs is bassy and punchy yet it's not hitting as hard? I wish drums and kicks sound could sound a bit more impactful with Zero.
You might try different ear plugs which effects the "hardness". Punchy typically implies it's hard but perhaps a different plug will seal better.

therobin

Has anyone used Spinfit CP100 or CP145 with the Zeros? How secure is the tip on the nozzle? The CP100 says it is 4mm and the CP145 is 4.5mm for the nozzle. I would prefer the CP100 for the more secure fitted tip so it doesn't come off but would like to know if anyone has used it on the Zero first.

fjhuerta

Yes, the Truthears are better, especially in the treble, but for the price, I can't think of anything better than the Salnotes other than the Hidizs Galaxy MS-1.

markanini

Major Contributor
Screenshot_20231031_011611.jpg

mc.god

I have mixed feelings about it, I love so much the original Zero and I'm worried it can go out of production with the new II, only hope is the II being even better at the same price, but I can't see how they could achieve it :rolleyes: maybe using the same 11.3mm DD of the Sonus without the BA unit. Anyway I greatly trust their job as a very happy Zero and Sonus owner

Last edited:

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I love the Zeros but many feel it has too low bass and a treble peak, so if I were 7Hz I would increase the bass a couple of dBs and try to flatten that peak without messing all the rest. Keep the same chassis, cables, tips, maybe different color and face plate just to differentiate, same price and it is guaranteed to sell a lot.

Last edited:

therobin

Anyone have any idea on how much time there is between 7Hz annoucing and a product release, based on their history?

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Crinacle logo still shown along, and apparently a more translucid chassis.

FB_IMG_1698839614790.jpg

Phosphenetre

@crinacle's measurement is up on his site, and this looks very, very promising indeed.

7 Hz Zero 2 vs Zero (original)​

graph.png

7 Hz Zero 2 vs Truthear x Crinacle Zero:RED (with Bass+ impedance adapter)​

Trading blows with the excellently tuned RED, fixing the slightly dark treble and filling in the 100 - 250 Hz area, which @oratory1990 noted he felt was lacking a bit. Not sure about that treble peak above 10 kHz, but measurements in that region are often unpredictable.

graph(2).png

Last edited:

SteveL

Don't really want more bass, but easily fixed with EQ if I ever had to replace my OG Salnotes Zero with it.

mc.god

@crinacle's measurement is up on his site, and this looks very, very promising indeed.

7 Hz Zero 2 vs Zero (original)​

View attachment 324614

7 Hz Zero 2 vs Truthear x Crinacle Zero:RED​

Trading blows with the excellently tuned RED, fixing the slightly dark treble and filling in the 100 - 250 Hz area, which @oratory1990 noted he felt was lacking a bit. Not sure about that treble peak above 10 kHz, but measurements in that region are often unpredictable.

View attachment 324615
Note that this graph is for Zero:Red with Bass adapter

Here the comparison without the bass adapter

graph (4).png

And here the three comparison with 711 coupler and Harman 2019 target:

graph.png

graph (2).png
graph (1).png

I think this is a bit too much bass for me, surely enjoyable but I love the original zero for their tuning and signature and I think Zero 2 will end up pleasing more people than OG but probably not me, for example they seems very close to the original Moondrop Aria:

graph (6).png

graph (5).png

I'll pass on them since I already have the Hola if I want more bass, for me 7Hz nailed it with the Sonus.

Last edited:

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, a very transparent chassis indeed.
z2.jpg

OP
D

Dazerdoreal

@markanini is it you that calcs preference scores? can you do the zero 2 please
I do not understand why the preference score is so imporant to you. My impression is that you overrate it a lot.

I am not denying that the Harman target is a scientific measurement, but that doesnt mean that it will suit your personal taste perfectly.
The In-Ear headphone which is as close as possible to the harman target is not necessarily the one that you will like most.

If you are interested in the highest possible preference score, you probably should buy the "Truthear Nova".
It hits the harman target almost exactly, so its preference score will be very high, probably above 90.

You could also buy the Moondrop DSP cable and use Oratory1990s EQ preset to tune your your prefered headphone to a "perfect" preference score.

Top Bottom