• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Have the Truthear Hola been discontinued?

Batenxx

So after testing various IEMs (Truthear Zero Red, 7Hz Zero:2, Moondrop Chu 2), I still seem to find none that suits my tastes. I was searching for a darker and especially warmer sound with good bass (mostly for extreme Metal, Death and Black, and also Metal concert videos). So I found the Truthear Hola as a recommendation here in the forum to meet my desires. However they seem to be sold out everywhere. Have they been discontinued? Or should I just wait?

Also, while we're at it, any thoughts on the Hola? I heard the bass is pretty weak!? Also, I heard they require an amplifier? Are the not good to use on my Laptop's 3.5mm in?

staticV3

Master Contributor
Both the Zero 2 and Truthear Red with the included impedance adapter sound darker/warmer than the Hola:
graph (2).png graph (1).png

Last edited:

asrUser

So after testing various IEMs (Truthear Zero Red, 7Hz Zero:2, Moondrop Chu 2), I still seem to find none that suits my tastes. I was searching for a darker and especially warmer sound with good bass (mostly for extreme Metal, Death and Black, and also Metal concert videos). So I found the Truthear Hola as a recommendation here in the forum to meet my desires. However they seem to be sold out everywhere. Have they been discontinued? Or should I just wait?
They're really sold out huh? Maybe they just aren't profitable?
You should try some equalization on your Zero Reds. https://www.reddit.com/r/oratory1990/wiki/index/list_of_presets/ There you can find some for red, I'd recommend the Oratory target which is even warmer.

Last edited:

markanini

Major Contributor
What comes to mind is some of the latest Crinacle tuned products, Zero 2, Singolo and the coming Dusk 2, all measure fairly similarly

Both the Zero 2 and Truthear Red with the included impedance adapter sound darker/warmer than the Hola:
View attachment 357870 View attachment 357871
Worth trying if he already owns both. I wish I liked Red with the plug as much as Hola, but it's not the same to these ear canals.

Attachments

• 2024-03-20 18.13.11.jpg
    2024-03-20 18.13.11.jpg
    459.2 KB · Views: 50

Stratodave

Also, while we're at it, any thoughts on the Hola? I heard the bass is pretty weak!? Also, I heard they require an amplifier? Are the not good to use on my Laptop's 3.5mm in?
Try BQEYZ KC2. It’s old but it’s so unique it still stands out. I’ve had it for almost 3 years and I haven’t found anything that comes close.

Hola is great too. And it’s available again on Aliexpress.

Top Bottom