• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

300w Pure class A Monoblock search!

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Did you hear a difference after them warming up? Maybe my ears aren't good enough, but with the J2 it sounds the same warm or cold.

I thought I did. At the time I was just following the instructions from the manual:
It takes at least an hour of warm up time to get the best performance out of the amplifier. It will take that long to reach operating temperature and exhibit lowest distortion and noise. This is not a subjective judgement, but based on actual distortion and noise measurements.

One of these days I'll check this myself, now that I have the equipment and the software to do so :)

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I thought I did. At the time I was just following the instructions from the manual:

One of these days I'll check this myself, now that I have the equipment and the software to do so :)
He sort of admitted once that the J2 doesn't change much. But of course for some reason most of the fans want it to.

sq225917

Major Contributor
If you really need full time class A then Krell's mk1 ksa-200 delivers a genuine 200 watt Class A into 8ohm and doubles down to 4 ohm and 2 ohm. But finding a well kept example might double your budget.

Top Bottom