• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Rate this speaker:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 283 59.0%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 175 36.5%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 15 3.1%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 7 1.5%

• Total voters

Somafunk

Major Contributor
If I had to guess, prices for these on the used market will (if they haven't already) drop substantially. So, any one of us could probably snap up a pair on the cheap if they were so inclined

I doubt it, they don’t measure terribly and I’m sure they sound decent enough, probably without doubt better than my tannoy 605’s that I listened to (and loved) from 1993 up to 2007ish when I replaced my hifi system entirely and went KRK active speakers, Native Instruments interface with Burr Brown dac chip and MacBook.

There’s no need to sell them if you’re happy with the sound.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
As many of you might be aware, this is AXPONA weekend. FYI, Tekton Design is in room 328, if any of you want to A-B the speaker feet…

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in that room.

Bryguy

I doubt it, they don’t measure terribly, probably without doubt better than my tannoy 605’s that I listened to (and loved) from 1993 up to 2007ish when I replaced my hifi system entirely and went KRK active speakers, Native Instruments interface with Burr Brown dac chip and MacBook.

There’s no need to sell them if you’re happy with the sound.
Haha I'd probably like them too. I started this hobby scavenging for vintage equipment, the "flawed" sound of which I still enjoy. I only speculate that used prices will drop because this fiasco has likely and will likely continue to diminish demand for these speakers, meaning (at least it should mean) a drop in market price. Eric Alexander stated that since the publication of the review, he hasn't received a single order for these. If that's true, I think we can assume demand for these speakers, new or used, is at an all time low.

Last edited:

acro

84 pages. Anyone else here actually bought and own a pair of mini lores?
I actually bought a pair and had them up to last year. Bought them because of reviews like those from andrew robinson. They were just Ok was never really wowed by them. I changed them for some arendal's and they are miles better.

Somafunk

Major Contributor
This is going to be the first time a video from AXPONA ends up on Worldstar...

I believe the YouTube algorithm is designed to select for viewing minutes, likes and comment interactions so Erin’s retested Tekton video only 1hr old at this time of my post running with 17,000 views, 1.1k comments and 2.5k likes, I imagine it’ll get posted to the youtube front page and pushed to everyone.

Total :facepalm:

ampguy

Most boring youtube review I've seen. And these aren't the mini lores, they are some other Tektons. Why wouldn't 4 1/4 x 20 or larger holes cause resonance? If Erin is an Aerospace engineer, how can ne not get that? Later, going to go listen to my Mini Lores. May turn them upside down and backwards. (BTW, I have the 4 spiked 1/4x20 feet on my Mini Lores) and listen to them off axis, toed way out

Danny23

I believe the YouTube algorithm is designed to select for viewing minutes, likes and comment interactions so Erin’s retested Tekton video only 1hr old at this time of my post running with 17,000 views, 1.1k comments and 2.5k likes, I imagine it’ll get posted to the youtube front page and pushed to everyone.

Total :facepalm:
Just in time for AXPONA tomorrow. You literally couldn’t write a better drama. Could you imagine being one of the vendor collaborators in room 328? Albeit, they’ve probably been verbally harassed by Eric previously, but this probably isn’t going to be their best received show…. Who else is presenting in room 328?

ampguy

Just in time for AXPONA tomorrow. You literally couldn’t write a better drama. Could you imagine being one of the vendor collaborators in room 328? Albeit, they’ve probably been verbally harassed by Eric previously, but this probably isn’t going to be their best received show…. Who else is presenting in room 328?
You can bet big bux that a video of these 2 guys going at it, is going to get a lot more views than either of them doing speaker reviews, lol

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The fly will be blamed for the poor measurements.
Only someone that is a total zero at acoustical physics would fail to notice the interruption of first reflections when a fly is on the wall. I feel like this fly is casting me in a false light. Call my attorney so I can litigate it!

Somafunk

Major Contributor

Room 328 is going to be for AXPONA what Room 237 was to The Shining/Stanley Kubrick

Top Bottom