• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Rate this speaker:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 283 58.8%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 176 36.6%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 15 3.1%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 7 1.5%

• Total voters

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
here's the thing, which i mentioned earlier. his hissy fit, removing the speakers from his website, shoots himself in the foot, if trying to argue loss of sales. remove a product from your website, no longer offered for sale? of course you're going to lose sales.

doug s.
Yeah, his argument is apparently that he shot his own foot off and Amir and Erin owe him an apology for the shooting and a new foot.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
No it is not. I explained above. This is larger context of what he said:

Notice what I bolded. What he calls "facts" clearly back his conviction that the criteria for my review is wrong. That he knows his customers. And they don't want what I recommend. He then finishes by stating that stat as proof point that his customers don't care about my review and assessment.
It doesn’t matter what he states. It could still be true that he got 2 returns while his sales dropped by 40%. You logical error still stands on it’s own:

If only 2 pairs were returned for the balance of that year, clearly he was not damaged in any way as a result of my review.
He also stated that he never threatened any reviewer with litigation. The man is clearly a pathological liar, so let’s just stick to reality, and not his fantasies.

Last edited:

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Yeah, his argument is apparently that he shot his own foot off and Amir and Erin owe him an apology for the shooting and a new foot.
No, he needs a new company after this one goes bust. Then a new identity so the new one won't go bust thanks to his winning ways of dealing with people. Maybe he needs to go into the witless protection system.

Reverend Slim

It doesn’t matter what he states. It could still be true that he got 2 returns while his sales dropped by 40%. You logical error still stands on it’s own:
The point you're missing is:
1. Any loss in sales or returns have to be directly attributable to Amir/Erin's reviews to satisfy the first element of the argument.
2. Even if they are somehow directly attributable, the review has to contain provable underlying malice or intent to defame to satisfy the second element, because...
3. Bad reviews of speakers naturally result in lowered sales in a free market, and there's nothing illegal about that. It's only if the company can prove that the review was created with the intent to cause damage to the company that loss of sales or returns due to the review even come into the equation.

Amir is correct that if Eric states that his customers don't rely on this data or care about his review, he is directly arguing against his own legal theory of lost sales, because he's eliminating the possibility of attribution. Of course, if Eric actually believed that his customer base of "audiophiles" doesn't care about the objective data or reviews, he would have no need to ever engage those producing the reviews... and yet, here we are, watching the self-immolation in realtime.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
The point you're missing is:
No I’m not, I’m just not interested in what is provable in the court of law. I’ll leave that to the lawyers and stick to reality myself ;)

Not being able to prove something doesn’t mean it’s not true.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
he got 2 returns while his sales dropped by 40%.
Since no sales numbers were given one could assume it could be:
He sold 3 M-Lores and in the previous year sold 5 then the sales would have dropped 40%.
When from the 3 he sold 2 were returned that does not inspire much confidence in the speaker :p

Roland68

Major Contributor
No, he needs a new company after this one goes bust. Then a new identity so the new one won't go bust thanks to his winning ways of dealing with people. Maybe he needs to go into the witless protection system.
But as long as this company owner is one of those people for whom his own ego triumphs over his abilities and intelligence, nothing will change.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
No I’m not, I’m just not interested in what is provable in the court of law. I’ll leave that to the lawyers and stick to reality myself ;)
The use the lay meaning. When companies say they have only had 2 returns, they mean this as a compliment to themselves that the product is hugely successful. This is never, ever said in the context of a down turn in sale of that product. No way you can read into it what you say.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
The use the lay meaning. When companies say they have only had 2 returns, they mean this as a compliment to themselves that the product is hugely successful. This is never, ever said in the context of a down turn in sale of that product. No way you can read into it what you say.
Yes, I can see that :) My issue is more with the statement on its own, than the context around it. I even don’t disagree with the conclusion, I just think the wording could have been better.

Everyone, understand that I'm not seeking a 'life coach' at this time - I'm good.
Are you? You go after reviewers, threaten them, as soon as they post objective measurements of your speakers. You ignore them if they contact you before publishing results to ensure they're correct, so you outright ignored the chance to point out the flaw of your design in a peaceful manner.

You then, out of your own negligence, proceed to threaten legal action against said reviewers because they showed the world the mediocre nature of your products. You shower your speakers in audiophile nonsense pseudoscience marketing material, your speakers underperform, they are overpriced. You are constantly defensive, all the while always playing the victim, while simultaneously causing real harm to actually innocent people.

And to remind you, you want censorship. You want the measured performance of your product hidden from the public, limiting education of the customer.

You are by all means not "good". Not a single speck of you is "good". I'm sure you feel grand about yourself, but that's not enough for an individual to be "good"

Last edited:

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
An observation: Those who say that it is easy to design a speaker with a flat frequency response never have a speaker with a flat frequency response.
And even less with one with smooth directivity as like we know, flat response on some axis isn't enough.

Absolute

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Real whiz at HR too. Found this comment on a youtube video where someone is reviewing some Tekton speakers. They actually liked the speakers, just wished there had been a little more communication over email between order and delivery. I hope Tammy W. sued for putting him/her in a false light. This is a violation of every HR policy I have ever heard of.

View attachment 362511
Wow. This thread is next-level display of disowning accountability .

Who in their right mind would ever give money to somebody like this? It's a good thing Amir has enough patience to let people like this show their true colors to us potential customers.

Roland68

Major Contributor
An observation: Those who say that it is easy to design a speaker with a flat frequency response never have a speaker with a flat frequency response.
And even less with one with smooth directivity as like we know, flat response on some axis isn't enough.
You're probably wrong, it's much simpler than that.
He clearly states "My simulator completes this task in less than 3 seconds".

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
He clearly states "My simulator completes this task in less than 3 seconds".
Yeh but he didn't mention that it needs gigawatts of power to do that.

poxymoron

This is a car crash. Eric doubling down and doubling down.
@Eric Alexander , you may or may not be able to undo the damage you have done to your reputation, but you can definitely make it worse. See sense, learn from this and your company may still have a future. Time heals. Edit: might be tricky this time.

I'm not conflicted about anything. Amir didn't measure the speaker correctly - he came up with the wrong frequency response and impedance; he put the speaker in a false light. Again, we're producing a YouTube video that focuses on his mistakes/oversights.

Regarding linear frequency response... anyone producing a perfect linear loudspeaker and the consumers shopping for perfectly linear loudspeaker isn't seeing the big picture - quote me on this. I was manufacturing linear speakers 30 years ago - it's easy... anyone can do it. Flat frequency response is a naturally intuitive path for speaker designers and reviewers but it's it's not what a highly enlightened or well-informed acoustical physicist is going to ultimately end up with.

Eric Alexander - audio designer
what is more important to a speaker - on axis, or off axis response? There is a right answer to this.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm not conflicted about anything. Amir didn't measure the speaker correctly - he came up with the wrong frequency response and impedance; he put the speaker in a false light. Again, we're producing a YouTube video that focuses on his mistakes/oversights.

Regarding linear frequency response... anyone producing a perfect linear loudspeaker and the consumers shopping for perfectly linear loudspeaker isn't seeing the big picture - quote me on this. I was manufacturing linear speakers 30 years ago - it's easy... anyone can do it. Flat frequency response is a naturally intuitive path for speaker designers and reviewers but it's it's not what a highly enlightened or well-informed acoustical physicist is going to ultimately end up with. (sic.)

Eric Alexander - audio designer
What about if a end user/customer needs to EQ/PEQ your model of speaker in order to compensate and they are dealing with a colored speaker from you? Then what? PEQ can only solve so many issues and a colored speaker is not PEQ friendly.

Top Bottom