• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

1 bit DAC launched by TOPPING

Bleib

Major Contributor
The D50s has usb, coax, optical, & BT in and RCA out, plus a barrel jack port for extra power. Adding PEQ and XLR out would be an endgame DAC for a lot of people, but it would need to be bigger than its predecessors.
Well, TRS is still an option obviously? I doubt many will pay about ~900 USD for PEQ function through D90 III discrete

Last edited:

Vladetz

Well, TRS is still an option obviously?
There are definitely trs out, you can see it on pcb on certification site, link was at one of previous pages

DLS79

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
here we go all thanks to @Dimka100

tells us all the models are the same (so the manual labeled TPC20C is valid).

The manual lists
* USB, OPT, COAX, BT in,
* TRS (i assume balanced) & RCA out
* 12v trigger
* the ability to set up 2 user presets (volume, input, filters?)

external photos shows the above to be correct. The BT antenna is 3 or 4 times the size of the one on my D50s

internal photos show the pcb and chips.

Bleib

Major Contributor
here we go all thanks to @Dimka100

tells us all the models are the same (so the manual labeled TPC20C is valid).

The manual lists
* USB, OPT, COAX, BT in,
* TRS (i assume balanced) & RCA out
* 12v trigger
* the ability to set up 2 user presets (volume, input, filters?)

external photos shows the above to be correct. The BT antenna is 3 or 4 times the size of the one on my D50s

internal photos show the pcb and chips.
The manual says BAL so obviously balanced out. It also mentions BT remote. Nice.
Negative seems to be OLED screen which never fully turns off, as it shows the current input and time out is 30 seconds for the rest of the screen off. I'd rather be able to change it to 5 seconds and fully off screen.

Last edited:

DLS79

Forum Donor
The manual says BAL so obviously balanced out. It also mentions BT remote. Nice.
Negative seems to be OLED screen which never fully turns off, as it shows the current input and time out is 30 seconds for the rest of the screen off. I'd rather be able to change it to 5 seconds and fully off screen.

I'm not really seeing anything that hints at PEQ being built in either, not in any of the documentation or in the chips having the processing power to do it.

We will probably have to wait for the D70 Pro Sabre replacement (I assume later this year or early next year) for XLR out and built in PEQ. Would be nice if it has HDMI eARC, and a good enough controller and display to go with it.

Thomas_A

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I've had two basic MASH players from the late 90's here, one actually a five disc changer from the HD70 mini system currently in storage and the other, the SL-PS670 player, again with the simpler and less spectacular MASH decoder than the more advanced 770 model had. Both to me sounded excellent and no issue with atmosphere or fade/reverb 'tail's' being reproduced properly. Only issue with the 670 was sticky grease on the laser sled runners causing a jump twenty seconds or so in on the first disc to be played when the laser carriage was first pulled away from the disc start position - a good clean of the track and thread sorted it...
Not shure what model I listened to back then, but it must have been one their first MASH models.

Bleib

Major Contributor
I'm not really seeing anything that hints at PEQ being built in either, not in any of the documentation or in the chips having the processing power to do it.
I think you're right, surely it would be included in the manual if it was included

Sokel

Master Contributor
What they REALLY need:

1710101185587.jpeg ====>1710101261724.jpeg

OP

192kbps

Are you sure this is for the D50 III? The D50 & D50S are to small to have XLR out, let alone RCA and XLR. I mentioned yesterday the D50 III looked bigger, but i don't thin it looks that much bigger.
I am sure.
D50 III has a fully balanced design and supports 10-band PEQ.

Scrivs

Forum Donor
I am sure.
Yes, the user manuals, and FCC certification enclosures/documentation indicates TRS outputs. Nowhere in the user manual (or from internal photos) is there any indication of, or facilities for DSP. D90 III, different story.

I'm more than satisfied 3 years on with my $750/used (AK4490) RME ADI-2 DAC FS :cool:

Vladetz

I am sure.
Are you beware of any plans to add peq functionality to older products?

Vladetz

That or aimed at people with 6 ears :)
Yes I have seen those before, with lots of knobs. This seems more like for people with many headphones as you point out. Doesn't seem practical to have to go through push button selection to change the volume and end up blowing your buddy's ears.
Maybe with different EQ settings for each output?
I think 6 channels means balanced stereo (4ch) + single ended stereo (2 ch)

OP

192kbps

Are you beware of any plans to add peq functionality to older products?
I haven't gotten word on this yet, but even if there is an upgrade, it will only be for the XMOS 316 series, I'm guessing.

Bleib

Major Contributor
1000050092.jpg
1000050091.jpg
1000050093.jpg
1000050094.jpg

Top Bottom