• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Shanling SM1.3 New Streamer Transport & DAC Announced

zeropoint

Shanling has announced the Shanling SM1.3 streamer transport and DAC to be launched at the Munich High-End exhibition, along with the much anticipated WiiM Ultra.

Shanling-SM1.3.webp

Last edited:

Jeromeof

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Looks very interesting - seems like adding a touchscreen and a companion app is becoming a standard feature - I wonder how this will be priced compared to the WiiM Ultra and say the Eversolo offerings and the FiiO R7.

Grovkalle

Plus 1 for balanced output but I guess it all comes down to usability of the app and stability in the SW.

PenguinMusic

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hi,

Even if this looks interesting I would not place too much high hopes in a Shanling device.

Unless this will feature a fully functional Android version at least Android 10 or 12 on which you can install any third-party app, I will NOT GO for anything from Shanling.

They just offer no support at all (they claim they do and to provide proof they say "We relesed a newupdate last month" and then you look at the update and what do you see ? They fixed some fonts colour !) and if you can't use third party apps you will doomed to use Eddict player from Shanling that offers no EQ, no cover art, no real sorting of albums...

The problem is that NO REVIEWER is ever testing this things thoughtfully.

The other problem is that Shanling devices sound damn good :-( Not sure how they measure, but to my ears, the EH-3 I owned for some time was about the best thing ever !

Anyways, to go back to the point : make sure this device will satisfy your needs before you even think about buying it. And do yourself a favour : DO NO believe any Shanling promise : they just do not deliver. They claim they have a "software team". If you ask given what they accomplish, that just a bunch of junior developers hired as part-time interns :-(

Besides : the SCD1.3 sibling with a CD transport but not network abilities is "offered" for 1300 dolalrs. I do not expect this to be under 1500 dollars. Get a Zidoo Neo S instead.

Regards.

Top Bottom