• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New ASR logo proposal

Keith_W

Major Contributor
Cartoon-Fight-Scene-Graphics-28934681-580x363.jpg

I think this one might be appropriate?

Pareto Pragmatic

Who knew we had so many talented “Designers” here. :rolleyes:
I would never claim to be one, but reactions to designs from average folk to design provide important feedback.

My entire history of logo design success is suggesting the teeth on Roaring Mouse Cycles logo. Which I think worked out pretty well.

1707311135226.jpeg

Chromatischism

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm seeing the stethoscope hanging from a doctor's neck and thinking that could be representative. Maybe someone could do something with a silhouette of that.

I've done some design work but not professionally.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Sure, I can try. With ASR being primarily online, think an animated logo (gears/encoders) could work. Need to start writing all of this down:)
Here is a crude idea of what I picture in my mind. This is a screen capture from a youtube vid about planetary gears. I flipped it. Anyway, it needs simplifying with the arrows and stuff removed. And the labels need work of course. Audio is the input, Science is what drives the output and reviews are the result. Something like this stylized.

This could easily be made animated so the gears turn, but I'm not really for that. Web pages are much too busy in general and we don't need more of that. Anyway a conceptual suggestion. I'm guess you might fix this up, or probably use it as a seed for something better and sleeker looking.

1707317742898.png

OP
Chagall

Chagall

Forum Donor
Here is a crude idea of what I picture in my mind. This is a screen capture from a youtube vid about planetary gears. I flipped it. Anyway, it needs simplifying with the arrows and stuff removed. And the labels need work of course. Audio is the input, Science is what drives the output and reviews are the result. Something like this stylized.

This could easily be made animated so the gears turn, but I'm not really for that. Web pages are much too busy in general and we don't need more of that. Anyway a conceptual suggestion. I'm guess you might fix this up, or probably use it as a seed for something better and sleeker looking.

View attachment 347983

Thanks!
Of course, it needs simplifying, but I will try it. A lot of people want to see the current logo update, so this falls under that direction for sure.

But currently, I really like @tomchris said about the sine waves/waveforms so started on that first.

Geert

Major Contributor
Looking forward to the feedback and a fun discussion!

Altough the logo should represent ASR, I didn't regocnise the acronym in the first version. Only when I saw the second version I realized how the coloured lines in the first version represents the letter S. The second version is too busy in my opinion. Looks like a brand of car tuning accessories.

So my preference goes to something in between both proposals. Maybe it's sufficient to improve the first one like this:

Screenshot_20240207_204342.jpg

Ze Frog

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Nice.
I'll knock up a design tomorrow, I'm no pro though. Only been using Photoshop for a year, I create fruit machine emulators, hopefully doing pinball scene once I'm more at that level, virtual pinball community has really top tier creators.

Geert

Major Contributor
So my preference goes to something in between both proposals. Maybe it's sufficient to improve the first one like this:

I must say I also like the suggestion made earlier on to try to implement a visual reference to a signal. That could basically be done like (at the same time improve readability of the letter A:

Screenshot_20240207_210249.jpg

(Needs to be refined of course, I'm just fat-fingering this on a smartphone).

tomchris

I must say again, that I like Proposal A.

It retains the characteristics of a waveform in a stylistic form, while conveying an initialism.
Unfortunately, I just feel a stronger sense of a 'V' instead of a 'S', suggesting 'AVR' instead of 'ASR'.
If the 'S' shape could be clearer then the clarity of the initialism would be strengthened.

Another way to go would be using symbolic elements.
  • Sheep = negative connotations of thoughtless followers. Not ideal, in my opinion.

I would suggest some of the following symbols in a stylized form:
  • Ear, musical note = audio, hearing, listening, music
  • Tape measure, calipers, microphone = connotations of substantiation, providing evidence/measurements
  • Magnifying Glass = suggesting conscious examination/review
Although, I prefer a waveform logo, I believe that a combination of the above symbols could convey the meaning of ASR.

Last edited:
Top Bottom