• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New ASR logo proposal

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
TBH I always thought the ASR logo was some sort of tribal shield and spears thing going. Didn't give it a 2nd thought. Upon closer look now it's gears and spears.
Still not sure where does the sheep reference come from.
Sheep is facing the viewer:
Triangle in middle = face
Spears on bottom = feet
Spears on top = horns
Spears on sides = ears
Gear teeth = wool

JSmith

Master Contributor
yeah-but-im-sure-you-herd-me

JSmith

Axo1989

Major Contributor
Triangle in middle = face
Spears on bottom = feet
Spears on top = horns
Spears on sides = ears
Gear teeth = wool

Not spears, unless you fancy soft, bendy tips ... it's leaves caught in the wool after breaking out through the hedgerow. :)

AdamG

Enjoy the Music your way…
Forum Donor
For sure...

52vrvv.gif
sheep-animal.gif

... just need to keep an eye on them sometimes. ;)

6a968a241f167771841e7a3756057cee.gif

Cecil. :cool:

JSmith
I don’t know why but that last video had me in stitches. The rat bastard Sheep would be on the spit that very night. If he lives to catch it I mean. Wow…

AdamG

Forum Donor
Me too... but I felt bad for laughing in a way, poor bloke. He got well rammed... :facepalm:

JSmith
When he looks back at the car and gets slammed into the pavement. Were talking biblical heard thinning event here.

audio_tony

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Nice work, @Chagall

I messaged Amir months ago offering a design refresh, only to get pulled into a nightmare client which has been sapping my will to live (sorry @amirm!).

This is about as far as I got, it's a play on the SINAD chart:

View attachment 348108
Reminds me of the old BSR turntable logo.

1707380727403.png

AdamG

Forum Donor
Hi fellow ASR members,

for a while now I've been thinking about modernizing ASR logo and finally, I gave it a go.

First, a bit of context. I'm an art director working in the field for almost 20 years now in various design roles and wanted to give something back to ASR community. The logo seems to be the logical way forward.

The idea of this thread is to include the community in the discussion and if any members want to participate they are more than welcome to share their ideas and logo proposals. In time, Amir can go through the thread and see if there is something he likes. And just to be clear: Amir is under NO obligation here! If he sees something he likes - great, if he doesn't also great.

Without further ado, here are the proposals.

V1A

View attachment 347831
View attachment 347832

V1B - similar to "A" but less abstract version.

View attachment 347833
View attachment 347835

Full-sized images are attached in the .zip file.

Looking forward to the feedback and a fun discussion!

Just for giggles. Can you use the current standard sheep logo below. With an analog vu meter likeness centered in the open space in the middle of the 3 sheep. With “Crap” Label for the far left point and “SOTA” on the far right of the meter?

1707380993748.png

OP
Chagall

Chagall

Forum Donor
As an agency creative/art director for over 25 years, I can tell you that I’ve never seen a logo I liked designed by committee. In truth, I don’t particularly enjoy logo projects to begin with. Way too much subjectivity and everyone is an expert. That said, without some sort of creative brief there really is nothing to evaluate the OPs designs on other than my opinion. I do commend him for bravery to open it up to this forum. He had solid rationale for his design decisions and based on the number of responses it’s been a lot of fun. It has to be a little like when all the amazing experts here look at my posts and think, “DMill has absolutely no idea what he’s talking about, but Ill let it slide.”

I've been additionally motivated to open the thread seeing how @VintageFlanker Where are you from Poll can be fun and inspiring. So far it has turned out exactly as I hoped it would. I'm very thankful to the community for that.

This goes without saying, if you have the time and want to get involved, you are welcome. Dew it!:)

Top Bottom