• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New Kii Seven

Somafunk

Major Contributor
From a uk law and consumer rights website

If the seller prices a product with the wrong price in error, you can't insist on buying it for the displayed price unless the transaction has already been completed. The seller must nevertheless take immediate steps to correct the mistake.

On the high street, if an item is advertised at the wrong price, the company selling the goods or services has to remove the items from the shelf. There is no obligation to 'honour' the advertised price and therefore no binding contract for sale. However, as a goodwill gesture it is not uncommon for larger companies to allow the consumer to pay for the item at it’s mislabelled lower price.

The same ‘no obligation’ principle applies to websites and online shopping stores in the UK. If the price advertised on the website turns out to be incorrect, then the seller does not have a legal commitment to complete the sale. Remember that an advertised price is not a contract of sale. It is therefore acceptable that the seller can refuse to complete the transaction if the price has changed.

Bugger, the thought of a couple of £k in the bank goes pop!, as the Kii 7’s are not in stock i imagine the retailer (sx pro) will not request the money from the bank until the product is shipped, therefore in the terms and conditions of sale the transaction/agreement to purchase at the £4190 price will be refused by the retailer (sx pro)

Last edited:

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
From a uk law and consumer rights website

If the seller prices a product with the wrong price in error, you can't insist on buying it for the displayed price unless the transaction has already been completed. The seller must nevertheless take immediate steps to correct the mistake.

On the high street, if an item is advertised at the wrong price, the company selling the goods or services has to remove the items from the shelf. There is no obligation to 'honour' the advertised price and therefore no binding contract for sale. However, as a goodwill gesture it is not uncommon for larger companies to allow the consumer to pay for the item at it’s mislabelled lower price.

The same ‘no obligation’ principle applies to websites and online shopping stores in the UK. If the price advertised on the website turns out to be incorrect, then the seller does not have a legal commitment to complete the sale. Remember that an advertised price is not a contract of sale. It is therefore acceptable that the seller can refuse to complete the transaction if the price has changed.

Bugger, the thought of a couple of £k in the bank goes pop!
Worst case scenario they would cancel it

JustJones

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I would think the worst case scenario is that they send you a single speaker and then you have to fight to get a refund and/or deal with the return shipping of a single speaker in order to get your money back…
That's true but the confirmation email showed 2 speakers. If they send 1 I'll refuse delivery and dispute the charge showing the CC company they didn't fulfill their obligation.

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
I would think the worst case scenario is that they send you a single speaker and then you have to fight to get a refund and/or deal with the return shipping of a single speaker in order to get your money back…
It literally says "pair "
You can see how it looks when they sell a single monitor vs a pair
Screenshot_20240127_031519_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240127_031547_Chrome.jpg

GDK

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
It literally says "pair "
Sure, but it could be that it’s the description on their online store that’s incorrect here, rather than the price, but @JustJones ’s strategy should work. It’s still a hassle in my book, but maybe one that’s worth risking if it pays off.

Somafunk

Major Contributor
Sure, but it could be that it’s the description on their online store that’s incorrect here, rather than the price, but @JustJones ’s strategy should work. It’s still a hassle in my book, but maybe one that’s worth risking if it pays off.

The transaction will be refused by the retailer SX Pro, you’ll get nothing except a “nice try, better luck next time”

JustJones

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The transaction will be refused by the retailer SX Pro, you’ll get nothing except a “nice try, better luck next time”
That's my assumption unless they get plastered this weekend and just process orders Monday nursing a hangover.

JustJones

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
My wife just said "obvious error".
I said Huh?
She said look it up.

Obvious error may include items selling online for £0; any item ordered with this price will be cancelled and customer notified by email.

Somafunk

Major Contributor
It’s a damm shame, I had the £2k I would make selling them on already spent as I need £1.5k for the upfront payment on a new motability car;)

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
It’s a damm shame, I had the £2k I would make selling them on already spent as I need £1.5k for the upfront payment on a new motability car;)
Well they could still honor the deal and ship them to him
So we'll wait and see

napfkuchen

I pulled the trigger. :p My "upgrade plan" for the surround setup initially was a pair of D&D 8C. However, due to other financial obligations, that is absolutely unrealistic this year. I have therefore initially bought a pair of used Kef S2 stands, on which a pair of used R3s will soon be placed. For black friday the addition of LS 60 and R6 Meta was planned.
But of course such an offer also suits me. What could possibly go wrong? In Germany this is regulated by offer and acceptance (§§ 145, 147 BGB).
The best deal I ever had was on TFT monitors that were listed in a price comparison for more than 1000 euros and were offered by a shop for 350 euros. I bought 5 and all were delivered. Unfortunately, that was still the time when the response time of these monitors was just under 100 ms. :confused: So I didn't use them. That will be different here (hopefully, although I'm doubtful).

napfkuchen

It just got cancelled, too bad. ;)

Penelinfi

I also came across a pair of speakers for $0. Had to pay shipping because it didn't get the free shipping over $X lol
It went through but I contacted the shop because there was no way they'd send that right?
I did get a nice offer in the end and some new speakers.
Still find it hard to buy new stuff even with heavy discounts. But when it comes to higher calibre recently released products there isn't really any other choice most of the time .

Top Bottom