• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SVS SB-1000 Pro of JL Audio D108 or REL T/5X or other for Dual Stereo Sub

Which sub should I get?

• SVS SB-1000 Pro at $1,100 each

• JL Audio Dominion D108 at $1,230 each

• REL T/5X at $690 each

• Kef Kube 10b at $690 each

• Focal Sub 600P at $1,150 each

Results are only viewable after voting.

alex-z

Addicted to Fun and Learning
M

No. Where I am, they are 1150 each. If it were not the case this would be an easy decision!

Thanks

In that case, what does the KEF Kube 12 cost in your country? I would pick that or the SVS.

OP
Eeyoredave

Eeyoredave

$820 each, they’d be better than the 10b? Lower bass extension?

Doctors11

Not on your list but take a look at the MartinLogan Dynamo 800x. 300 watt, sealed, can be configured as bottom or front firing, and most importantly has built in Anthem Room Correction.

AwesomeSauce2015

Maybe SVS 3000 micro? Get 1 now and get another later? If size and WAF is a large concern, the 3000 micro comes in the same white as the SB-1000 pro, but doesn't have the black driver on the front. According to SVS, it is the sub to get when you have space constraints.

One thing to consider about the SVS SB-1000 Pro is that the onboard DSP + App combo allows you to have 3 bands of PEQ, as well as delay, variable low-pass filter slopes (with wide frequency range adjustment), etc.

I was recently in an audio store and was with a friend comparing the SVS SB-2000 Pro (what they had) to a REL t/9x (or whatever the big one is in that line). Before I connected to the DSP of the SVS sub, my friend found the REL to sound better as it didn't extend as deep and therefore didn't excite room modes and muddy up the sound.
All this changed when I connected to the SVS, applied some basic EQ to tame a nasty room mode, and set up the crossover correctly.
After that, it became very obvious that the SVS blew everything else in that showroom out of the water.

Hence my recommendation: Whatever you get, make sure to have room eq capability that you can adjust. SVS has built-in user-adjustable DSP which will save you money compared to everything else. Additionally, since SVS has that DSP onboard, they provide you with a much flatter (read: better) starting frequency response compared to the competition.

HooStat

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Can you get the Arendal subs? The 1961 1S is nice looking and relatively small. It uses a side firing woofer so that side facing the room looks cleaner. They seem to ship worldwide. In the US it is $900 shipped from a European company, FWIW.

Top Bottom