• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which TPA3255 amp do you recommend?

• Thread starter Deleted member 9685
  • Start date

ModDIY

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hi friends. Why its not recomended to use power supply with more then one output? It's not the same output but multiple socket? I have one industrial like this:
It have 3 screw for plus and same for minus.
This is fine, there is just an exit as it should be. The 3 + - output screws are all connected together.

ogonex

This is fine, there is just an exit as it should be. The 3 + - output screws are all connected together.
OK THX but please explain me why PSU with two ore more outputs are bad?

OK now i know - symetric power supplies :)

Last edited:

Rubbersoul2

just received the 2nd one last week. Its a quite substantial kit for the price (not so light !).
Connected it to my 2nd setup (old Ditton 66 speakers) : seems to be working fine. Dead silent even when I stick my ears close to the speakers.. no buzz or annoying noise or pops (there is a 5 sec delay before the amp is operational, with the countdown visible onscreen).
About the sound, nothing scientific to report, only music is natural, easy, sweet, no harsh.

Overall, I believe this is a bargain.
danette That is steal of the centry , i have 44s for 25 years there large but just right size of course for the lounge experince cant beat that base no sub needed. EQ them and feel the anoluge xover desined with some magic thats hard to replicate ,im still not board with these there a real pal responsive versitle to amp changes cable changes ,, there not reference i have pcms for that , ive collected records for 35 years and never been super wealthy in $$$ worked and created studios befor digital sweaped out across the field so may be im just an old nostalgic but my old mates DITTION 44S and i have been up n down side by side old faithfulls without becoming super anxiouse about seriouse audio incident of say droping one ,in a move around and piercing cone ,supprisingly tough base surfaces dont have covers on either , im looking for 66s to now
enjoy .

TheWalkman

The defective rate of Chinese products is quite high. This time you were very unlucky. If you want a refund or exchange of goods, you have no choice but to apply for dispute resolution [Open Dispute] on Aliexpress. It requires a tenacious effort to negotiate.
If you want solid compensation in a case like this one, I recommend buying from a well-compensated site such as Amazon, although the price will be a bit higher.

The other day I bought a TPA3255 and MA12070 amplifier from BRZ HiFi from Aliexpress. I did an operation test immediately after the product arrived, but when I turned the power switch on and off twice, the power never turned on again. I immediately contacted BRZ HiFi but they didn't try to deal with it. In such cases, further pursuit will usually require them to send the goods back to China. Of course, the shipping cost is the responsibility of the buyer.
You need to be more careful if the item does not arrive due to a problem during transportation. In such cases, they will not negotiate at all, saying "it is not our responsibility". That seems to be common sense in China.

I have had the experience of not receiving products or receiving different products in the past. AliExpress advertises buyer protection, but in reality it takes a lot of effort to actually get compensation just by arbitrating between the seller and the buyer. In this case, I did not apply for dispute resolution on Aliexpress from my previous experience. Since then, I have prioritized purchases from Amazon and others.
I find ALIEXPRESS is terrible about backing the consumer.

l purchased a cheap electronic device that didn’t work. The seller refused to issue a refund. I opened a dispute and Aliexpress sided with the seller. Fortunately, the item was only a couple of bucks.

This isn’t the first time they’ve let me down. Moral of the story: Aliexpress’s customer service STINKS. They are the antithesis of Amazon.

Solveit

l purchased a cheap electronic device that didn’t work. The seller refused to issue a refund. I opened a dispute and Aliexpress sided with the seller. Fortunately, the item was only a couple of bucks.

This isn’t the first time they’ve let me down. Moral of the story: Aliexpress’s customer service STINKS. They are the antithesis of Amazon.
Never hade any problem with refund from Aliexpress.Done that a couple of times.

danette5757

danette That is steal of the centry , i have 44s for 25 years there large but just right size of course for the lounge experince cant beat that base no sub needed. EQ them and feel the anoluge xover desined with some magic thats hard to replicate ,im still not board with these there a real pal responsive versitle to amp changes cable changes ,, there not reference i have pcms for that , ive collected records for 35 years and never been super wealthy in $$$ worked and created studios befor digital sweaped out across the field so may be im just an old nostalgic but my old mates DITTION 44S and i have been up n down side by side old faithfulls without becoming super anxiouse about seriouse audio incident of say droping one ,in a move around and piercing cone ,supprisingly tough base surfaces dont have covers on either , im looking for 66s to now
enjoy .
those Ditton 66 were bought by my father circa 1973 in London. I find they still hold their own, the bass is powerful and the sound quite 3d and musical with this little TPA3255 beast.
Yes, a steal :)

Attachments

• IMG_1692.jpg
    IMG_1692.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 317

iMickey503

Forum Donor

When I buy something from AliExpress ?
I just pretend I'm playing the lottery.

in fact the two phones that I ordered I would have been better off just going to my local store and picking them up or just getting them on Amazon.

always check how long the store has been in business and when they have those sales? Don't buy anything that's on sale cuz more than likely the sellers are going to close their shop II that they make the sale and then give you about a month to two months to actually receive your items which you will never receive.....

Rubbersoul2

those Ditton 66 were bought by my father circa 1973 in London. I find they still hold their own, the bass is powerful and the sound quite 3d and musical with this little TPA3255 beast.
Yes, a steal :)
superb im looking for amps now so will take a look .

Schlippwhip68

@AIYIMA Sorry but, are there any measurements supporting this claim or is it just a subjective opinion?

This seems not to be the case for A04 model:

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...his-tpa3251-amplifier.9191/page-3#post-541822

Apparently there is little benefit in changing OPAs there.
I can vouch for Aiyima and their advice on the LM4562NA op amp. I hot swapped the NE5532 out of my A04 and not the A07 for a pair of these and the sound definitely became alot more balanced overall. A sharper , more defined sound, greater clarity, tighter bass, better vocals. I also upgraded the power inductors to the Coilcraft MA5172-AE and in doing that first also found immediate improvement in general operation and sound quality.

iMickey503

Forum Donor
I can vouch for Aiyima and their advice on the LM4562NA op amp. I hot swapped the NE5532 out of my A04 and not the A07 for a pair of these and the sound definitely became alot more balanced overall. A sharper , more defined sound, greater clarity, tighter bass, better vocals. I also upgraded the power inductors to the Coilcraft MA5172-AE and in doing that first also found immediate improvement in general operation and sound quality.

I am always a bit taken back by some of the claims with component changes. I know some of them are audible due to everything in the chain being apart of the entire formula for an amplifier design. I just have a hard time seeing any of these claims of better overall improvement being so noticeable with A/B testing when doing an overhaul of the components of an amp.

I am not saying there is not some extra fidelity to be had with such upgrades. I just don't think that I have been able to pick them out when doing my own A/B testing with headphones as that is my own most repeatable source to my ears that I know what they sound like to be able to notice a slight difference.

About the only thing I have been able to tell is that if I hear any noise coming from the speakers as "Hiss" or some of that wonderful Power supply Whine.

I have also been able to tell distortion, but I could not tell you where I can hear it or at what percentage.

I often envy some of you that are able to pick out these traits in audio gear.
And I tried hard for years seeing if I could tell the difference between some Toshiba Chip Amps in the mid to high end range compared to other solid state amplifiers.

About the only thing I was able to pick out was noise when gained and level matched. (a feat in itself, and I still couldn't get it perfect)

About the only test that gives me any results that are repeatable is sticking a Piezo Horn on the amp and seeing if I can hear anything like digital Fuzz or nastys that show up as odd noises when there should be nothing there.

My ears seem to go as far as being able to hear SPEAKER distortion and that's about it. (Mechanical noise, buzzing etc. )

I was wondering if anyone could point me out to something here on ASR that shows what a good testing methodology looks like without the smoke and mirrors.
And perhaps a simple way to train your ear to look out for these amplification nuances or characteristics that other people look for in order to discern the different qualities of components or upgrade them to an amplifier or amplifiers being put head-to-head in comparison to each other?

tjeff1

Walter

While low impedance speakers benefit from more current, there is no situation where the 24v 10 amp PSU will allow a TPA3255 in BTL to produce more power than a 32v 5a, unless it is driving around a 2 ohm load--so other than a pair of subs running in parallel or some similar situation, forget about that one. If your speakers are rated at 8 ohms, you are probably better off with the 36-4, unless the impedance goes really low in the bass. If they are rated 4 ohm, then the higher amperage of the 32-5 will serve you better. You could also get this one, if you are not sure, which is 36v 5a: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07R157H2L. Note: I have not used that power supply, I'm just suggesting it based on its specs and the fact that it had good reviews with only a single one star and no two star reviews, indicating they don't often come DOA or catch on fire.

EDIT: The TPA3255 is not rated to drive loads below below 3.4 ohms, in BTL configuration, so the 24v power supply would never be the best choice.

Last edited:
Reactions: EHC

Hefring

Using this forum I finally finished my first project on Shui Yuan TPA3255.
So, thank for everyone! :)
Good and clean sound, no clicks or background loudness.
Box 80x160x300, LME49720NA, nichion FW2200uF/63V. Filter Aiyima 50A, power supply 48Vx600W.
Connected to my JBL- lx55 loudspeakers, Impedance: 8Ω.
20211112_175248.jpg
20211112_175611.jpg

Last edited:

bravomail

I have know the products you said. AIYIMA XZD-1752PRO and Tilear 2.1 is the amplifier we produce for our customer.
So they have the same cover.
XZD-1752PRO is 2.0ch TPA3255.
AIYIMA A04 is 2.0ch TPA3251.
Tilear is 2.ch TPA3116.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In addition, our engineers want me to ask if A04/A07 is upgraded, what functions do you want to add?
1. Fiber coaxial
2. Bluetooth
3. 2.1CH
4. PC USB
2.1 ch for subwoofer out.
Remote control - I know it will add the cost. But it is really needed.

bravomail

Just a little question here. How much do you care about the less ideal performance from 3255 3251 based amps? say comparing to 1et400a or nc400.
Is it because of the price? Or the small and convenient form factor? What is the ideal use case do you think of the 3255, Bluetooth, DAC integrated design? Or just relativelyhigh power in a small box with analogue in.
TPA3255 is getting really close to nCore performance. Especially with PFFB. And this is with price being 4x lower. They sound good too. I cannot fault my A07 with anything. Now if only it had remote volume control! (wink-wink to Topping engineers)

tjeff1

Has anybody compared the A07 to the double Infineon MA12070 chip based amps such as the SMSL DA-9 and the newer SMSL AO200? I could not find a measurement review from AMIR for either of these amps.

Walter

Has anybody compared the A07 to the double Infineon MA12070 chip based amps such as the SMSL DA-9 and the newer SMSL AO200? I could not find a measurement review from AMIR for either of these amps.

Top Bottom