• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which TPA3255 amp do you recommend?

• Thread starter Deleted member 9685
  • Start date

Toku

Major Contributor
How can D03 sound better than A07? Do you have any theory? Is A07 connected to mainboard sound card?
The AIYIMA A07 / A04 is my favorite amplifier, but when I was looking for the next product, I found the AIYIMA D03, a full digital amplifier.
Since D03 is a digital amplifier, it is directly connected to the USB of the PC, and A07 is connected to the PC via Topping's D10s or E30.
Play the same song in WASAP mode on two PCs and switch speakers to compare the sounds. In my case, it's not a musical sound quality comparison, but just a sound comparison. However, my ears, which have been trained at the development site for many years, can only hear treble up to about 13kHz due to aging.

I know there are pros and cons to products like D03. But it is also important to check the technological progress with new products. I think it's well worth trying. However, the new product may not be interesting for DIY fans because there are few parts that can be replaced.
I'm also interested in the AIYMA A05 with the TPA3221 chip, which is also being tested.

Toku

Major Contributor
The A06 amplifier with MM phono stage is also interesting.
Yes, the A06 has a Phono EQ input and I'm thinking of buying it. I want to try every product I care about.

Reactions: Zek

linuxfan

I'm also interested in the AIYMA A05 with the TPA3221 chip
Toku, I will be interested to hear your impressions of the AIYIMA A05 or A06.
I have the "FR" dual-TPA3221 amplifier, and it's the best class D amp I've ever heard. I tried two different TPA3251 amps in the past, and felt they were too clinical.

Toku

Major Contributor
Toku, I will be interested to hear your impressions of the AIYIMA A05 or A06.
I have the "FR" dual-TPA3221 amplifier, and it's the best class D amp I've ever heard. I tried two different TPA3251 amps in the past, and felt they were too clinical.
I can't comment on A06 because I haven't purchased A06 yet, but my impression when comparing A05 with A07 / A04 is the same as you.
It's extremely subjective, but I feel that it sounds more rich and smoother.
Compared with TI data sheet, TPA3221 is inferior to TPA3255 / TPA3251 but I don't feel it at all in the actual sound.

However, there is one problem with A05.
There is no problem with ON / OFF operation with a normal power switch, but if the power line suddenly disconnects / power outage during use, a large pop noise will occur. Therefore, the entire audio system cannot be turned ON / OFF with the master power switch. I would like AIYIMA to improve this point.

* I became interested in TPA3221 because @daniboun praised the same Dual TPA3221 amp as you on the ASR and DIY Audio forums. The amp was sold on Aliexpress but is no longer available for purchase.

conuss

Compared with TI data sheet, TPA3221 is inferior to TPA3255 / TPA3251 but I don't feel it at all in the actual sound.

* I became interested in TPA3221 because @daniboun praised the same Dual TPA3221 amp as you on the ASR and DIY Audio forums.
How could you not feel it in a real sound-comparison if you didn't have this TPA3221 amplifier?..

Toku

Major Contributor
How could you not feel it in a real sound-comparison if you didn't have this TPA3221 amplifier?..
I'm sorry, but my interest is the amp chip of TPA3221. So I just talked about the difference in sound between the TPA3255 / 3251 and TPA3221 amps that I often use and the quality of the A05.

linuxfan

my impression when comparing A05 with A07 / A04 is the same as you. It's extremely subjective, but I feel that it sounds more rich and smoother.
OK, good to hear. I understand you also have several different MA12070 amplifiers, I wonder how you feel the A05 compares to these?
At $50 or so, the AIYIMA A05 is the cheapest fully cased TPA3221 amp you can buy - whether that means it falls short in SQ compared to my FR dual mono TPA3221 - who knows?
But if you want to improve your A05, I suggest:
i) change the supplied NE5532 opamps to OPA1652
or
ii) bypass the opamps, by removing them, and pass your input wires to the exposed DIP8 sockets ... I can help you with configuration, if you wish to try this.

mguizz

Hello, thank you for all the interesting & useful information being provided, I feel very lucky to be a member. I had hoped my first post would be something more jovial & interesting than the queries I am writing about today.

I am about 3/4 the way through completing my first speaker design/ build from scratch (a pair of 2 way bookshelves). After quite a bit of research, I decided an Aiyima A04 or A07 amp would be what I'd use run measurements, listen to them & to power future builds for friends. However the A07 I bought arrived faulty.

Has anyone run into trouble/ issues with faulty Aiyima products & getting a satisfactory solution to a refund or replacement? I have, the situation has been going on for almost 3 months now. I am loosing all trust & faith in Aiyima & their service!!!

Does anyone have suggestions to alternative brands, products similar or better to the A07 at about the same price which I can purchase in future?

I ordered 3 amps to test from the Aiyima AliExpress site, the Aiyima TPA3251 A04, Aiyima TPA3255 green board & Aiyima TPA3255 A07. The A07 only outputs through 1 channel. I have been in contact with Aiyima & they requested I send a video to demonstrate the issue, which I did. The Aiyima representative in return asked questions like had I turned on the power, are the cables the issue, am I using the correct inputs/ outputs & so on? I created a second video to further illustrate the issue & highlighted the additional 2 amps are fine using the same gear setup. I've requested to be in contact with a manger/ director/ owner a couple of times to no avail.

The Aiyima rep is refusing to recognise the issue & will not refund me, send a replacement & expect me to send the unit back at my cost so they can test it. I have since purchased a second A07 which, thankfully, is working fine.

I will be happy to know your thoughts or ideas about the situation. I am keen to sort the issue out with Aiyima in an amicable way. So far I have purchased 5 items from Aiyima & was hoping to purchase from them again in future but I am not so sure about that now.

If this is the wrong place to be posting queries like this please let me know & I will try elsewhere or maybe I need to start a new thread? Either way any info/ suggestions will be much appreciated. Even if I do not finally resolve the situation, I figured, at least I am making my troubles known so anyone else who may have the same problems reading this will know they are not alone... or even better prevent these kind of hassles happening to others one way or another. I look forward to your replies & kind regards.

Last edited:

Toku

Major Contributor
Hello, thank you for all the interesting & useful information being provided, I feel very lucky to be a member. I had hoped my first post would be something more jovial & interesting than the queries I am writing about today.

I am about 3/4 the way through completing my first speaker design/ build from scratch (a pair of 2 way bookshelves). After quite a bit of research, I decided an Aiyima A04 or A07 amp would be what I'd use run measurements, listen to them & to power future builds for friends. However the A07 I bought arrived faulty.

Has anyone run into trouble/ issues with faulty Aiyima products & getting a satisfactory solution to a refund or replacement? I have, the situation has been going on for almost 3 months now. I am loosing all trust & faith in Aiyima & their service!!!

Does anyone have suggestions to alternative brands, products similar or better to the A07 at about the same price which I can purchase in future?

I ordered 3 amps to test from the Aiyima AliExpress site, the Aiyima TPA3251 A04, Aiyima TPA3255 green board & Aiyima TPA3255 A07. The A07 only outputs through 1 channel. I have been in contact with Aiyima & they requested I send a video to demonstrate the issue, which I did. The Aiyima representative in return asked questions like had I turned on the power, are the cables the issue, am I using the correct inputs/ outputs & so on? I created a second video to further illustrate the issue & highlighted the additional 2 amps are fine using the same gear setup. I've requested to be in contact with a manger/ director/ owner a couple of times to no avail.

The Aiyima rep is refusing to recognise the issue & will not refund me, send a replacement & expect me to send the unit back at my cost so they can test it. I have since purchased a second A07 which, thankfully, is working fine.

I will be happy to know your thoughts or ideas about the situation. I am keen to sort the issue out with Aiyima in an amicable way. So far I have purchased 5 items from Aiyima & was hoping to purchase from them again in future but I am not so sure about that now.

If this is the wrong place to be posting queries like this please let me know & I will try elsewhere or maybe I need to start a new thread? Either way any info/ suggestions will be much appreciated. Even if I do not finally resolve the situation, I figured, at least I am making my troubles known so anyone else who may have the same problems reading this will know they are not alone... or even better prevent these kind of hassles happening to others one way or another. I look forward to your replies & kind regards.
The defective rate of Chinese products is quite high. This time you were very unlucky. If you want a refund or exchange of goods, you have no choice but to apply for dispute resolution [Open Dispute] on Aliexpress. It requires a tenacious effort to negotiate.
If you want solid compensation in a case like this one, I recommend buying from a well-compensated site such as Amazon, although the price will be a bit higher.

The other day I bought a TPA3255 and MA12070 amplifier from BRZ HiFi from Aliexpress. I did an operation test immediately after the product arrived, but when I turned the power switch on and off twice, the power never turned on again. I immediately contacted BRZ HiFi but they didn't try to deal with it. In such cases, further pursuit will usually require them to send the goods back to China. Of course, the shipping cost is the responsibility of the buyer.
You need to be more careful if the item does not arrive due to a problem during transportation. In such cases, they will not negotiate at all, saying "it is not our responsibility". That seems to be common sense in China.

I have had the experience of not receiving products or receiving different products in the past. AliExpress advertises buyer protection, but in reality it takes a lot of effort to actually get compensation just by arbitrating between the seller and the buyer. In this case, I did not apply for dispute resolution on Aliexpress from my previous experience. Since then, I have prioritized purchases from Amazon and others.

buz

Forum Donor
I never had any issue getting refunds from AliExpress, sellers squirm and make up excuses, but after a while Ali steps in. For doa and never receiver packages it has never been an issue. Forget about any other warranty though.

datrumole

after the massive A04 disappointment with the new rev 3.1 boards, i went ahead and scooped up an A07

i have the good, black board, tilear rev 2.1 A04 as well

and just wanted to do an AB comparison, so i did some listening tests, and felt the A07 might have been a little 'brighter'

so, i was bored, fired up REW and my UMIK-1 and did some AB measurements

i put them on my scope and dialed in to the best i could, 6.01Vrms on both amps with the exact same signal so they were properly level matched. i then measured each channel 5 times, averaged them, then averaged both channel averages together to get the average response from the A07 and A04, and here are the results

A07 in blue, A04 in purple, and as it turns out, the A07 is a tough brighter starting at about 6.5-7k. minimal, but measurable, grows to about a 0.5dB difference

anyway, just thought i'd share

Attachments

• roomeqwizard_0JxWyj38j9.png
    roomeqwizard_0JxWyj38j9.png
    172 KB · Views: 320
  • roomeqwizard_NFCVe2jdn0.png
    roomeqwizard_NFCVe2jdn0.png
    201 KB · Views: 325

dealpapa

Benedium

Forum Donor

danette5757

less than $100 US shipped with DAC.
just received the 2nd one last week. Its a quite substantial kit for the price (not so light !).
Connected it to my 2nd setup (old Ditton 66 speakers) : seems to be working fine. Dead silent even when I stick my ears close to the speakers.. no buzz or annoying noise or pops (there is a 5 sec delay before the amp is operational, with the countdown visible onscreen).
About the sound, nothing scientific to report, only music is natural, easy, sweet, no harsh.

Overall, I believe this is a bargain.

ogonex

Hi friends. Why its not recomended to use power supply with more then one output? It's not the same output but multiple socket? I have one industrial like this:
It have 3 screw for plus and same for minus.

Top Bottom