• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which TPA3255 amp do you recommend?

• Thread starter Deleted member 9685
  • Start date

Serhii

It could be the potentiometer.
Thanks, but not using the potentiometer yet (test run). Adjusted the volume with a windows mixer. I thought at once not agreed Gain Level, but why only one channel and only high frequencies speaker (even if a sinusoidal signal of 80Hz is applied.

There is also a crackling sound at a low volume level when the increase bass level. Сapasitor? But the low-frequency speaker plays without distortion. :confused:

Last edited:

Hefring

There is also a crackling sound at a low volume level when the increase bass level.
Can you show a photo from upside? Moreover I think DC24V 4A is not enough...
1639051221109.png

Serhii

The power supply can give 6A, but with strong heating. Power load when a crackle comes only 24V 0.2A.I was told by the experts that is bad soldering or chip. Soldering checked and is good ...so it's a chip 99%.
Replacing the circuit 3255 will be more expensive than buying a new board
I contacted the seller, let's see what he says.

stulew

I have the same ShiuYuan board, and have to buy another.
Hint: always depower before swapping speaker wires.

I removed the heat sink, and the TPA3255 chip solders are micro sized. It is not able to be serviced.

Serhii

The seller decided to just make a refund. Read reviews on this board in other places and noticed similar problems in large numbers.
On aliexpress tpa3255 twice cheaper than the original, most likely fakes that often have a problem with one channel. In shui-yuan probably isn't using the original board.

There is a shortage of chips now, and the original ones will be delivered only 04-next year. I would take it and resolder it if I knew that the problem is only in him. Or buy ZeAudio...When I have free time, I will try to make a more accurate diagnosis.

daniboun

Major Contributor
Hi amigos,

Just to share, a new full balanced TPA3255 is now available with a motorized volume knob and DIP8 op amps, will share my impression as soon as I get it )

H73b6cae260c7482680f6edda63789eb5u.jpg

daniboun

Major Contributor
I can't find this anywhere. Do you have a link?

Sure, I ordered mine here :

I am pretty sure that is going to be a great amp for a DIY mod ) This is the very first TPA3255 with full balanced inputs and DIP 8 OP amps I see under $200.

I asked about the motorized volume pot, the manufacturer confirmed this point but something is really weird, no remote control for this amp > so I wonder what is the interest of a motorized volume knob here... ?

Some other spec I got :

- SMPS PSU 36V / 9.5A (you can increase the voltage @38 /40V max)
- the IEC plug is grounded ) (not so usual for a Chinese amp)
- The XLR / RCA switch selector is in the front pannel

Last edited:

Joe Smith

Major Contributor
Sure, I ordered mine here :

I am pretty sure that is going to be a great amp for a DIY mod ) This is the very first TPA3255 with full balanced inputs and DIP 8 OP amps I see under $200.

I asked about the motorized volume pot, the manufacturer confirmed this point but something is really weird, no remote control for this amp > so I wonder what is the interest of a motorized volume knob here... ?
Looks interesting. Is this dual-chip like the Sabaj or single-chip? Am I seeing correctly, it's made by Breeze? That volume pot is weird if no remote is being provided. Will be interested to hear how it sounds.

daniboun

Major Contributor
Looks interesting. Is this dual-chip like the Sabaj or single-chip? Am I seeing correctly, it's made by Breeze? That volume pot is weird if no remote is being provided. Will be interested to hear how it sounds.

It is a Stéréo TPA3255 amp with one TPA3255 chip.

This is Sétero TPA3255 amp with one TPA3255 chip made by Breeze.
This is the very first TPA325X amp with full balanced inputs and DIP8 omp amps I see @ less than $200

Some other spec I got :

- Motorized Alps RK168 serie volume pot (will confirm the exact reference anyway)
- No remote control
- DIP 8 updatable OP amps.

Last edited:

ModDIY

Addicted to Fun and Learning

The Sabaj A20a is indeed a dual chip, but the chip is the Merus Infineon MA12070, while the model above is a TI chip, TPA3255 (single chip but more powerful).

Joe Smith

Major Contributor
I love the energy in this sub-$250 sector right now. So many good choices! On this unit, the main attraction for me would be the in-case PS with grounding and the nice separation of the chip/heat sink from the caps. I don't use balanced connections for anything, but nice to have the capability. The main design issue I have with the a07 is many caps being crowded right by the chip's heat sink. I don't run at high levels, but even so, it's a design flaw in my view.

Kevinfc

It is a Stéréo TPA3255 amp with one TPA3255 chip.

This is Sétero TPA3255 amp with one TPA3255 chip made by Breeze.
This is the very first TPA325X amp with full balanced inputs and DIP8 omp amps I see @ less than $200

Some other spec I got :

- Motorized Alps RK168 serie volume pot (will confirm the exact reference anyway)
- No remote control
- DIP 8 updatable OP amps.
Have you found out anything about this yet? I have several parts for a future TPA 3255 build, but this configuration with the a built in power supply is very interesting. I’m curious as to why they would go to the expense of a motorized pot and have no remote control. Maybe that could be upgraded?
Have you ordered one?
Heres another I found, looks the same, but cheaper

Last edited:

daniboun

Major Contributor
Have you found out anything about this yet? I have several parts for a future TPA 3255 build, but this configuration with the a built in power supply is very interesting. I’m curious as to why they would go to the expense of a motorized pot and have no remote control. Maybe that could be upgraded?
Have you ordered one?
Heres another I found, looks the same, but cheaper

Hi
Will share my impressions and some pictures this week-end ) I will test with some super beta opa2210 bipolar op amps and other op amps (1656 / 1692 / 1612 and 1622).. I will tell you more about the motorized volume knob as well....

Kevinfc

Hi
Will share my impressions and some pictures this week-end ) I will test with some super beta opa2210 bipolar op amps and other op amps (1656 / 1692 / 1612 and 1622).. I will tell you more about the motorized volume knob as well....
Great, thanks for your efforts.

Joe Smith

Major Contributor
Hi
Looks cool...innards look well-made...will be interested in your report.

MCH

Major Contributor
Hello, which would be a decent (tested somewhere or at least tried by someone) multichannel (4 or 6) board or amp based on 3255? No need for any extras, not even volume knob. Thanks!

daniboun

Major Contributor
Test in progress... will back to you all with my feelings and pictures )

Top Bottom