• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

MZKM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
SVS is having an outlet sale for Cyber Monday
https://www.svsound.com/collections/outlet-specials
They are the only audio brand I know of where they actually have photos for each individual outlet/B-stock item, so you are buying a specific unit and you see the damage, rather then what all other companies do and you randomly get one of them, with no knowledge of the damage.
Truly commendable.

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Plex Pass
Black Friday Deal to get Lifetime for US$70

Plex Pass costs $4.99 monthly or $39.99 annually, and the lifetime pass usually costs $120. But the lifetime subscription is being discounted to $90 for Black Friday with promo code SURVIVETHESEASON, and there's an easy way to bring that price down even further. Just change the country to Brazil in the payment window, and the price goes down to BRL374, or the equivalent of $70. The promo code is valid until 11:59pm PT on November 27, so make sure you act fast to unlock the savings.

In Canada, the deal turns out to be CDN$91...down from CDN$160 (or 43% savings).

Ahh...deal is expired already. Maybe it will come back on Cyber Monday?

The US$70 deal is back...wohoo!

Lifetime Plex Pass
Plex.tv has Lifetime Plex Pass on sale for US$70 (42% off from usual US$120) when you apply promo code HOLIDAYHELP during checkout.

How to get it down to $70:
1. Go to your account, select 'Go Premium', select 'Lifetime'
2. Enter the promo code HOLIDAYHELP and apply.
3. Choose Brazil as country, amount with 25% offer comes to 374 Brazilian real which is roughly - US$70.72
4. Choose credit card checkout and enter card details with country Brazil selected (PayPal does not work)
Note: use 'no international fee' credit card to avoid any fees.

I just confirmed deal is live. Expires tonight at 11:59PM PST.

TimW

Major Contributor
The US$70 deal is back...wohoo!

Lifetime Plex Pass
Plex.tv has Lifetime Plex Pass on sale for US$70 (42% off from usual US$120) when you apply promo code HOLIDAYHELP during checkout.

How to get it down to $70:
1. Go to your account, select 'Go Premium', select 'Lifetime'
2. Enter the promo code HOLIDAYHELP and apply.
3. Choose Brazil as country, amount with 25% offer comes to 374 Brazilian real which is roughly - US$70.72
4. Choose credit card checkout and enter card details with country Brazil selected (PayPal does not work)
Note: use 'no international fee' credit card to avoid any fees.

I just confirmed deal is live. Expires tonight at 11:59PM PST.
Thanks for sharing this. I was paying monthly just to try out plexamp. Because of this I couldn't change my location to Brazil when upgrading to the lifetime subscription, but they did deduct the remainder of this months plex pass charge.

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Active Bookshelf (for US buyers):
Edifier R1280Ts
Usually US$100, now on lightning deal for US$80 on amazon.com (lowest price ever).
That's US$5 cheaper than Edifier R1280T I reported earlier, and this has a subwoofer out.

I love lightning deals... :)

yourmando

Studio Monitor (for US buyers):
IK Multimedia iLoud MTM
Was US$350/ea, now on sale for US$280/ea (20% drop) on amazon.com (lowest price in the last year)

Cyber Monday Discount (24hr only)?
Amazing deals on these today.

Thanks to you, I picked up some on the last sale to use as nearfield side/back surrounds and heights.

I need another pair to complete my 7.3.6 setup. I recently got Neumann kh 310 & kh 120 for far field & mid field center and front height duty. Now my dilemma is to either get 2 more iLoud MTM on sale, to match my sides/rears, but with unknown spinorama, or kh 80 to match the fronts but mismatch the sides/rears they’ll be near.

Esskay

Forum Donor
To chime in on this, we can get a pair of Revel M106 for just $1700 brand new. Lowest price ever?

The price is good, but not the very best. Many Revel "dealers" are custom installers with limited demo facilities and inventory. I called one a few months ago to inquire, and he offered me 20% off without my having to haggle or push, explaining that he didn't have to work for the sale except to send an order to the factory. I wouldn't be surprised if there are even better deals out there.

SK

earlevel

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Studio Monitor (for US buyers):
IK Multimedia iLoud MTM
Was US$350/ea, now on sale for US$280/ea (20% drop) on amazon.com (lowest price in the last year)

Cyber Monday Discount (24hr only)?
Whew, nice deal. I bought mine three weeks ago (B&H), they price matched for me just now. I picked these up as combo computer speakers and alternate set of studio monitors. Really happy so far, good tradeoff of size and accuracy, I will mix on these along with my bigger studio monitors. They aren't tiny, but aren't nearly as wide as alternatives, which make them a good match surrounding a big computer monitor on a crowded desk. Especially because they are easier to point at your ears than most bookshelf-type, with the tilt stands or putting them on a short mic-style stand (for which they are threaded).

After getting them, I decided to get a DAC and run them off USB instead of my digital mixer—bought a Topping DX7 Pro. It isn't on sale today that I see, but it was last week (-15%), a week after I bought. Amazon won't do partial refunds, but are happy to accept returns so I ordered another and will return this one. Really happy with the DX7 Pro, though, exactly what I needed. (And $240 back for black/cyber on what I already purchased is a nice bonus.)

Chromatischism

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Whew, nice deal. I bought mine three weeks ago (B&H), they price matched for me just now. I picked these up as combo computer speakers and alternate set of studio monitors. Really happy so far, good tradeoff of size and accuracy, I will mix on these along with my bigger studio monitors. They aren't tiny, but aren't nearly as wide as alternatives, which make them a good match surrounding a big computer monitor on a crowded desk. Especially because they are easier to point at your ears than most bookshelf-type, with the tilt stands or putting them on a short mic-style stand (for which they are threaded).

After getting them, I decided to get a DAC and run them off USB instead of my digital mixer—bought a Topping DX7 Pro. It isn't on sale today that I see, but it was last week (-15%), a week after I bought. Amazon won't do partial refunds, but are happy to accept returns so I ordered another and will return this one. Really happy with the DX7 Pro, though, exactly what I needed. (And $240 back for black/cyber on what I already purchased is a nice bonus.)
Hey...I am probably migrating to an LG Ultrawide display in the not too distant future and want to downsize the active monitors (I have Mackie MR624's). These look like they would fit well. But how do they sound?

Can you do a quick nearfield measurement of the tweeter just so we can get an idea if it's a generally neutral or rising response?

Last edited:

earlevel

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hey...I am probably migrating to an LG Ultrawide display in the not too distant future and want to downsize the active monitors (I have Mackie MR624's). These look like they would fit well. But how do they sound?

Can you do a quick nearfield measurement of the tweeter just so we can get an idea if it's a generally neutral or rising response?
I'm not set up for that right now, sorry, not sure when I could get to that. The Room correction built into the speakers doesn't export a response, and I don't have something else like REW set up on this new computer. But they are pretty heavily reviewed in the recording industry space (and have a lot of listening test comparisons on youtube, for what that's worth).

Sound On Sound review: IK Multimedia iLoud MTM

They are pretty well behaved, the only trouble you can get into is in playing something with deep bass loudly, causing chuffing on the rear port (but usually you're also clipping the amp by then), mainly when the bass rolloff is set to 40 Hz (you can bump it to 50 or 60, independent of the calibration). With better contained source material, or lower volumes with bass-heavy mixes, the bass is pretty good for speakers this size.

Chromatischism

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks. The MTM design decision is interesting for a nearfield application – surely dispersion patterns matter less in the nearfield, though I could be assuming things – so maybe they were going for limited desk reflections?

yourmando

Here are nearfield in-room measurements, which is the average of several locations centered around the MLP. This is from a recent Dirac calibration, but here I'm showing the average response before any Dirac room correction (but after the speaker's built in DSP calibration).

Here is one pair, set up as left & right surrounds. DSP settings are set to calibrated, 40hz extension, with bass and treble set to flat:

Screen Shot 2020-11-30 at 7.16.04 PM.png

Here is another pair, set up as rear surrounds. This time, the DSP is set to -2db treble and +2db bass boost, 40hz extension.

Screen Shot 2020-11-30 at 7.17.35 PM.png

As you can see, the flat calibration brings it pretty flat in-room, w/ no downward sloping curve. To sonically integrate these, I applied a tilted room curve to match my other speakers (and I'm also crossing over to 3 subs w/ bass control). The variation in the bass due to room location was of course tightened with the room correction.

Top Bottom