• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

RME ADI-2 Pro Has Arrived

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
FullSizeRender.jpg

"Ultra Fidelity PCM / DSD 768khz AD/DA Converter", 2/4 channels, balanced, headphone amp, preamp, USB, SPDIF, ADAT, AES.

The only thing it's missing is Thunderbolt and a mic preamp. Oh, I guess a remote if I was going to use it away from my desk.

FullSizeRender (1).jpg

It comes with a nice printed Bedienungsomereallylonggermanword. Nice and rare to have a paper manual these days. It even has English pages, too.

If anyone other than @amirm (because I know he'll vote yes) wants me to open it up to see what's inside, let me know and I'll take a screwdriver to it tomorrow and post board pics.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Surely you'll wait out the warranty before opening for board pics?

Interested in how well it functions for your needs.

I am envious though.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Remember the anniversary edition has a clear top. So there are some pics. Not the hyper level of detail we want, but a sneak preview.

12094822_800.jpg

12094847_800.jpg

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
A little more detail when you enlarge the image. Click on the image for a larger view.

9888630.jpg

index.php

Last edited:

tomelex

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
That's plenty of detail, keep her buttoned up is my vote.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
If you can't open her up without boogering up the screw heads I'd take your tools away.

OP
watchnerd

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
If you can't open her up without boogering up the screw heads I'd take your tools away.

The only caveat is that they're likely metric or some Euro / German standard that doesn't match my tools.

I'll find out tomorrow morning...

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I really like mine, I use it primarily to send a digital signal to the Dutch&Dutch 8Cs, I suppose for domestic users a remote would be useful.
Keith

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Frank Hi yonks ago, the Metric Halo version was more expensive than the ‘Amarra’ version, just didn’t make sense economically I liked the MH though.
I remember trying to create an RIAA curve with it took me about three weeks!
BW Keith

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Frank Hi yonks ago, the Metric Halo version was more expensive than the ‘Amarra’ version, just didn’t make sense economically I liked the MH though.
I remember trying to create an RIAA curve with it took me about three weeks!
BW Keith
Thanks. If you buy the plugin suite from MH RIAA is one of them. The limiting factor is getting the correct loading for the cartridge. MH offered a mod for those dedicating an input to a cartridge.
Now the Devialet has multiple loading options for cartridges, mind you I was told this week that with the new boards the cartridge input doesn't work at all and they are trying to fix the software so it does. I made the mistake of sending mine for update 4 weeks ago and suspect they won't send it back 'till the SW works which could be months based on previous experience.
The original D-Premier had a quieter phono stage than subsequent hardware updates if my memory isn't fooling me.
Currently using a Job pre/225 into the Epiligs and a classic push-pull valve amp with the horns.

OP
watchnerd

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
Thanks. If you buy the plugin suite from MH RIAA is one of them. The limiting factor is getting the correct loading for the cartridge. MH offered a mod for those dedicating an input to a cartridge.
Now the Devialet has multiple loading options for cartridges, mind you I was told this week that with the new boards the cartridge input doesn't work at all and they are trying to fix the software so it does. I made the mistake of sending mine for update 4 weeks ago and suspect they won't send it back 'till the SW works which could be months based on previous experience.
The original D-Premier had a quieter phono stage than subsequent hardware updates if my memory isn't fooling me.

No offense, but it baffles me as to why anyone is jumping on the Core Infinity board at this point when we don't even know all the features and it doesn't have a configurator.

Sticking with my vanilla 400 for now...

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
@ Frank I seem to remember that David Wright made me up a series of leads with different loading to experiment with , I use the Illusonic IAP for all phono,pre,dac,adc, EQ multi channel and everything else now.
Keith

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
No offense, but it baffles me as to why anyone is jumping on the Core Infinity board at this point when we don't even know all the features and it doesn't have a configurator.

Sticking with my vanilla 400 for now...
I have an Original d'Atelier which gets free updates. I just sent it off when I got their email. I didn't know there was no configurator yet.
It is in every way daft to send it since I almost never stream anything having gone back to CD and LP, just thought I may as well have the update since they offered it for free.
I should know better, the dual D-Premier was fine for my use, all subsequent updates have actually been pointless for me :(
I bought my first D-Premier before the configurator existed btw, firmware was v2 or perhaps v3 at the time. You either used the default configuration, which was, after all, just like having any other amp, or if you wanted something specific Matthieu would write a file for you and email it to you to put on your SD card.

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
@ Frank I seem to remember that David Wright made me up a series of leads with different loading to experiment with , I use the Illusonic IAP for all phono,pre,dac,adc, EQ multi channel and everything else now.
Keith
Do you sell the Illusonic?

Silly me, a quick look at your web site confirms that you do!

Top Bottom