• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

RME ADI-2 Pro Has Arrived

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
The only caveat is that they're likely metric or some Euro / German standard that doesn't match my tools.

I'll find out tomorrow morning...
Not much of a concern with screws, only hex nut sizes.
For screws get a good gunsmith screwdriver set. It has sizes for about anything you can come across.
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/4...professional-plus-gunsmithing-screwdriver-set
If I gave a gun back to a customer with boogered screw heads after a trigger job, he'd shoot me with it. :eek: LOL

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Do you sell the Illusonic?

Silly me, a quick look at your web site confirms that you do!
Christof Faller is a clever guy, he has been working on a project for a well known French amplifier manufacturer of whom you are familiar!
Christof creates the EQ remotely from the measurements you make of your room, using the Illusonic software , we have sold it to customers who want to ‘actvate’ Their passive speakers or integrate subs or upmix two channel, the Smyth brothers uses Christof’s upmix tech for their ‘realiser’.
Keith

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
OP
watchnerd

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
IMG_1897.JPG

The ADI-2 Pro comes with a USB cable. Being a pro audio company, and a German one at that, this is assuredly a pro-grade USB cable.

AKA not audiophile-approved.

IMG_1898.JPG

I didn't get the Anniversary Edition, which means mine has fairly regular rubber feet, as opposed to the hi-fi component feet that come on the Anniversary Edition.

No doubt these will hinder the performance of the unit and should be replaced by IsoPods, Mpingo disks, or even Blu Tack.

In the back is the RME warranty seal sticker on one of the screws.

IMG_1900.JPG

Regular edition top, no fancy plexiglass window, etching, or lighting.

OP
watchnerd

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
IMG_1911.JPG

Motherboard revision.

IMG_1915.JPG

Analog inputs.

IMG_1918.JPG

I have more photos, but they exceed the 2 MB file size limit for uploads....

OP
watchnerd

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
Do you have any kind of photo editing program that lets you set the jpeg compression size? If not, if you can put it on dropbox and such, I can load and resave them smaller.

I do, I'm just being lazy while I continue to play with the amazingly complex configuration options this thing has.

Occamsrazor

FYI there was new firmware released yesterday that adds some new features/tweaks:

https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=26367

On that I find interesting is they've changed the permissible ranges in some of the bands of the PEQ, whereby you could now use the unit as an active crossover for subs/mains by using the rear XLR or TS outputs for one, and the front "3/4" TRS output as the other, with separate PEQ for each. Albeit that would limit to 192khz due to DSP processing power. Anyway, just thought I'd mention as it seemed interesting to me.

I don't own one yet, seriously thinking about it though, and will be very happy to hear your impressions.

OP
watchnerd

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
I think the most important thing would be the measure the thing. So let me know if you are willing to brave the rain/or paddle your way to south sound to do that here. :)

I haven't even hooked it up to my monitors yet!

So far, I've only tried headphones. There's a complex, highly-configurable routing system that lets you link inputs and outputs together, define which ones mute which, which ones have linked volume, at what level of gain normalization, etc.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
But it also ‘senses’ the input and configures automatically, the only setting I adjusted was ‘digital out-source’.
It is a cool bit of kit and incredible value for money .
Keith

OP
watchnerd

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
Adding more on the routing. Here is the IO diagram. Some of the digital inputs are bidirectional (input or output).

RME%20ADI-2%20Pro%20Anniversary%20Edition%20-%20AE%20-%20Connectivity%20-%20Synthax%20Audio%20UK_11_04_2017.png

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Nothing to do with the topic, but I like Midway, and was born in Columbia MO.
Been doing business with them for many years. They have always set the mark for first class customer service.

OP
watchnerd

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
FYI there was new firmware released yesterday that adds some new features/tweaks:

https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=26367

On that I find interesting is they've changed the permissible ranges in some of the bands of the PEQ, whereby you could now use the unit as an active crossover for subs/mains by using the rear XLR or TS outputs for one, and the front "3/4" TRS output as the other, with separate PEQ for each. Albeit that would limit to 192khz due to DSP processing power. Anyway, just thought I'd mention as it seemed interesting to me.

I don't own one yet, seriously thinking about it though, and will be very happy to hear your impressions.

Just upgraded...amazingly quick and easy. Fun to watch it say it was erasing the FPGA and DSP software.

Occamsrazor

@watchnerd - what gear/setup will you be using it with?

Top Bottom