• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

GGNTKT @ Purité Audio

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
From the GGNTKT Facebook page: the Klippel results for the M1.

View attachment 88080
Doesn't the level that this spinorama is run at seem extremely high? It looks like it was run at around 108db. By comparison, the 2034 Erin did one the Revel F226Be had a baseline of around 90 db. Does that baseline mean anything? Does where the curves sit on the y-axis have some significance (like SPL capability), or is the only important dimension the actual shape of the curves and their relation to one another?

tomtoo

Major Contributor
Doesn't the level that this spinorama is run at seem extremely high? It looks like it was run at around 108db. By comparison, the 2034 Erin did one the Revel F226Be had a baseline of around 90 db. Does that baseline mean anything? Does where the curves sit on the y-axis have some significance (like SPL capability), or is the only important dimension the actual shape of the curves and their relation to one another?

As long you look only at frequenceresponse it's spl is not very important. If we could look at THD it would be very importand.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Have you implemented any room EQ, or are the speakers playing in their out-of-the-box state?
Jon still just plonked down but this weekend!
Also Roland’s wife ( rather inconsiderately I thought ) chose this week to have their second child.
Congratulations Roland and family.
Keith

pierre

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
From the GGNTKT Facebook page: the Klippel results for the M1.

View attachment 88080

Preference Score 5.9 which is very good. Textbook spinorama, PIR is good too.

2cols_large.png

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
As long you look only at frequenceresponse it's spl is not very important.

That remains to be seen.

Speakers are less linear at low levels than at a somewhat elevated levels. Then they become less linear again at high levels. Picking a sweet spot is the key, but one speaker's sweetspot is another's not so good spot.

tomtoo

Major Contributor
That remains to be seen.

Speakers are less linear at low levels than at a somewhat elevated levels. Then they become less linear again at high levels. Picking a sweet spot is the key, but one speaker's sweetspot is another's not so good spot.

I not say there is absolutly no change. To be honest, i would be interested to see measurements of single speakers at different spl's. How big is the influence realy? Maybe @hardisj has more information?
But hope you give me at least a little right that spl is not what is realy the thing you look in a FR graph.

tomtoo

Major Contributor
That remains to be seen.

Btw if 109dB is the sweetspot of this speaker, thats perfect for me. ;)

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Speakers are less linear at low levels than at a somewhat elevated levels
I've never seen that in the compression tests I've seen people publish, only that above some level changes start happening, at lower levels they look very linear.

roland{at}GGNTKT

Audio Company
Forum Donor
The spinorama on FB page was primarily, so have a look at the final one (which should yield to a preference score of apx. 6.5):
So here are the results of our final Klippel session this week. We worked on some details and implemented a new feature (in software) which is called "dynamic limiter". It works similar like an EQ at the lowest end and extends bass at low levels (now 32/36 Hz -3/-6 dB), while protecting at high levels. It also works in the time domain, so that you can safely overload the drivers for a short period (electrical). These limiters are very advanced as they work in a “look ahead” way, without clipping or any other negative audible effects. It sounds very nice ;-)

index.php

>> https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/ggntkt-model-m1.12959/page-5#post-511602

Well, the sweet spot is 80% of the SPL range, only the extreme boundaries are less linear. Going near maxSPL you will encounter power compression (heating up the voice coil) which we address with a multi-band limiter. But at these extreme levels the air und ear/hearing becomes itself non-linear ;)

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
GGNTKT M1 loudspeaker system, AD/DA cardioid or monopole bass, digital or analogue input, Hypex amplification, crossover and DSp housed in an elegant separate aluminium enclosure, almost completely full-range frequency response.
Titanium compression driver in waveguide, midrange and two bass drivers on the rear of the enclosure, small form factor and the loudspeaker actively enjoys being placed close to the ‘front’ wall.
Measurements an sound quality is as good as I have heard £5500 per pair inc vat, delivery installation and optimisation.

Keith

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Measurements an sound quality is as good as I have heard £5500 per pair inc vat, delivery installation and optimisation.

They do look fabulous, I have to admit.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
GGNTKT M1 loudspeaker system, AD/DA cardioid or monopole bass, digital or analogue input, Hypex amplification, crossover and DSp housed in an elegant separate aluminium enclosure, almost completely full-range frequency response.
Titanium compression driver in waveguide, midrange and two bass drivers on the rear of the enclosure, small form factor and the loudspeaker actively enjoys being placed close to the ‘front’ wall.

Keith
Last time I checked their own site indicated the amplification was Pascal, not Hypex. Has something changed in that regard? And does your model have the more powerful amps with the extra capacitance?

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Let me check the first pair i ordered were the high power version.
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
They don’t have the bass weight of the 8Cs but the M2’s...
Keith

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Doesn't the level that this spinorama is run at seem extremely high? It looks like it was run at around 108db.
Klippel NFS does NOT take the amplifier gain in active speakers into account in its computation of SPL. So there results show much higher SPL than reality. Correction requires manual override and in that regard, could be anything you dial in. :) If that correction is not done, then the SPL is likely 20 or more dBs lower.

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Keith
What would the US price be, obviously no VAT, or optimization though overseas freight and duty would be higher?

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Price would be £5500 less 20% vat and whatever the shipping costs are, perhaps another £3-5 hundred pounds, I would have to check.
At the moment they come in three boxes but we could amalgamate into on box and strap to a palette perhaps?

Keith

Top Bottom