• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sigberg Audio’s SBS.1 @ Purité Audio London

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
As regular readers of my scintillating BLOG will know,
I have been extremely impressed with Thorbjørn’s ( Sigberg) ‘Manta’ dual cardioid loudspeakers.
So much so that I have ordered a pair of Sigberg SBS.1 loudspeakers which hopefully will arrive soon.

To design and manufacture a pair of loudspeakers where the addition of subwoofers is a necessity is without question a very bold decision .
Listening to the Mantas and their dedicated D10 subwoofers has convinced me that creating a 4-way design with a dedicated mid bass woofer is in terms of sound quality absolutely the right decision.
The SBS and Mantas won’t be for everyone if space is a consideration having to accommodate one or two subs is just not going to fly,
but if you have the space and the desire for an un-compromised loudspeaker they are definitely worth consideration.
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Sigberg Audio’s SBS.1 are on their way ( with a T-shirt Thorbjørn)

Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Rear view,
IMG_3246.jpeg

I will post front view as soon as it arrives!
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
As well as the T-shirt I need some sub woofers for the SBS.1s , I have two D10’s with the Mantas and they thoroughly annoy the neighbours , I am thinking 2x the 12” Inkognitos for the Sagas
The Inkognitos can be wall mounted that might be useful if I ever use them destructively, to ameliorate some room modes .

Keith

poopy

I have been extremely impressed with Thorbjørn’s ( Sigberg) ‘Manta’ dual cardioid loudspeakers.
So was I, very impressed. I ended up ordering a pair! How does that feel having been somewhat responsible for that? :)
So much so that I have ordered a pair of Sigberg SBS.1 loudspeakers which hopefully will arrive soon.
Mr T. let me know that you were going to get a pair of SBS.1 in Purite Audio. Never doubted you were a reasonable man (besides being a passionate man). So double reason to pay you a visit now? :) More cakes to share in the afternoon.... Take a picture of yours while you're still slim :)
To design and manufacture a pair of loudspeakers where the addition of subwoofers is a necessity is without question a very bold decision .
Listening to the Mantas and their dedicated D10 subwoofers has convinced me that creating a 4-way design with a dedicated mid bass woofer is in terms of sound quality absolutely the right decision.
The SBS and Mantas won’t be for everyone if space is a consideration having to accommodate one or two subs is just not going to fly,
but if you have the space and the desire for an un-compromised loudspeaker they are definitely worth consideration.
Keith
The advantage with the SB1, they are easier to place in a domestic environment. Placing a sub or two shouldn't be an issue either with the Sigberg Audio Inkognito. I mean, in vertical position the depth of the Inkognito 10 is about 15cm and about 17cm for the Inkognito 12!
And I'm sure Thorbjørn hasn't compromised on the stereo imaging/soundstage either.... This big, deep 3D soundstage like the Mantas.
Sigberg Audio’s SBS.1 are on their way ( with a T-shirt Thorbjørn)
Keith, I'm afraid you won't have the exclusivity anymore.... I'm also on the case....

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
My new SBS.!s will be here early December in time to place them under them and two Inkognitos 12” subs under the Christmas tree !
And my Sigberg Audio T-shirt which I intend to wear on the day.
Very Best,
Keith

poopy

You are unrecognisable now, Keith. Like your website, has undergone a lot of changes. Can't you see how Sigberg Audio has positively changed your life?

Well, like me, you couldn't keep living denying the obvious....Your closet is now full, memory of the past, the key has been thrown away.

Christmas carols with the SB1 with 2 Inkognito 12!

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Yes many changes most have which have taken place around my waistline, I may have to ask for the extra large T.
Very Best,
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Fantastic and despite the -30 temperatures!
Can’t wait.
I remain hugely impressed with the Mantas.
Keith

sigbergaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Fantastic and despite the -30 temperatures!
Can’t wait.
I remain hugely impressed with the Mantas.
Keith

The Mantas are a hard act to follow of course, but the SBS.1 is a wolf in sheep's clothing! I look forward to hearing your impression! :)

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
A very nice man tells me my Sigberg Audio SBS.1 active loudspeakers and ‘inkognito’ subwoofers will be dispatched this week!

Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Sigberg Auduo SBS.1s and ‘Inkognito’ 12”subs should be here soon!
And T-Shirt!
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Re -packed by DHL I hope they haven’t pinched my T-Shirt
IMG_3409.jpeg

Keith

sigbergaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Customs checks?

I recall a French customs check after which some scratches were visible on a gloss finish...

Don't scare us like that.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
The packaging had been disturbed , perhaps they expected to find fresh wild salmon, no scratches and t-shirt was un -harmed.
Keith
IMG_3411.jpeg
IMG_3412.jpeg
IMG_3415.jpeg

Top Bottom