• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sigberg Audio’s SBS.1 @ Purité Audio London

Krusty09

Forum Donor
Wow, those look solid. not sure why I say that other then it was the first word that came into my head when I saw the pictures. IF they sound as good as they look they should kick some butt.

get them up and running asap and give us the goods.

happy listening.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Keith, a pic from your new T-Shirt maybe?
I don’t want to over excite the ASR fraternity!
Keith
IMG_3414.jpeg

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
They are just like the Mantas, soundstage is vast with extremely sharp imaging, they don’t sound like small speakers at all and the Inkognito is extremely cool.
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
It’s just to tantalise you…
I was meant to set them up this morning but was waylaid so by the time I got around to it it was as you can see ( or rather can’t see) dark.
The Inkognito is really clever it’s extremely shallow so you place it tight against the wall it appears to take up a lot less space than the D10s .
For a ‘normal’ sized room the SB`s/Inkognito would be ample, volume is not an issue, four way designs make a lot of sense.
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Middle of the day but only slightly lighter than midnight, clue follow the blue wire…
IMG_3424.jpeg
IMG_3422.jpeg

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
You can see they really are quite diminutive, shoe box sized their output is astonishing.
IMG_3423.jpeg
IMG_3415.jpeg

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
The Inkognito is so elegant , obviously where Nagra drew their inspiration, seriously though having the subs upright just asks them more convenient to place,
Keith

Attachments

• IMG_3425.png
    IMG_3425.png
    28.7 KB · Views: 40

poopy

For the Inkognito, is there a possibility for the customers to choose to have the woofer either on the left or on the right-hand side of the sub? Just to avoid to see the cables coming out of the sub....

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
For you anything is possible, ordinary customers there would have to be a vetting process.
I will take a photograph of the front, with the Sigberg badge, honestly you would have to ask ‘the man’.
Very Best,
Keith

poopy

For you anything is possible, ordinary customers there would have to be a vetting process.
I will take a photograph of the front, with the Sigberg badge, honestly you would have to ask ‘the man’.
Very Best,
Keith

Not wrong, more and more orders I place these days tend to be customised/special orders... And my wife still thinks I'm an ordinary man...

OK let's ask Mr. T - I'm sure he thought about that. He may have encountered technical constraints.

sigbergaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
For the Inkognito, is there a possibility for the customers to choose to have the woofer either on the left or on the right-hand side of the sub? Just to avoid to see the cables coming out of the sub....

Yes, as it supports being placed up side down. So that way the amplifier changes place to the other side. In other words, no need to custom order.

Vacceo

Major Contributor
Definetly Scandinavian design: the beauty of sober functionality.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I have been meaning to write a Sigberg SBS.1 versus Manta comparison for some time , I just haven’t got around to it, suffice to say the SBS have really impressed.
When you first get them out of the box you are thinking well these are just not going to cut the mustard.
But then when you connect them up add the Sigberg subs and then actually play something they are really superb.
They play loud!
Because they are small ( practically shoebox size ) you can place them anywhere they are designed to sit close to the front wall, then if you add an Inkognito ‘pizza box’ sub which can either be positioned flat or upright and can also be hidden, just so cunning full range sound by trojan horse.
Tonally and in terms of timbre there is no difference between the SBS and the Mantas.
The Manta just have that slight edge because of their cardioid response.
The SVS.1 1 a compact four way, full-range system that is largely inconspicuous with built in peq, ‘auto on’ its more or less perfect.
Keith

Last edited:
Top Bottom