• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Purité Audio has a ‘Blog’! I wouldn’t bother if I were you

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
This week‘s BLOG more sickly sentimental nonsense, this time about Dutch&Dutch ( not the U.K. based estate agents Dutch&Dutch) but the Dutch based Dutch&Dutch.
There is another completely gratuitous cat photo, tempted?
Keith

Reactions: MKR

MKR

Major Contributor
This week‘s BLOG more sickly sentimental nonsense, this time about Dutch&Dutch ( not the U.K. based estate agents Dutch&Dutch) but the Dutch based Dutch&Dutch.
There is another completely gratuitous cat photo, tempted?
Keith
Great write up and description of the 8Cs, couldn’t agree more, thanks Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I have, much to the despair of my wife been moving the ’studios’ ( front and back living rooms) around again in search of a more even response.
I moved the three large RPG Modex membrane traps to the rear wall so they are now behind me ( the room has a pernicious 30Hz room mode )
I moved the Mantas so they are now firing down the long axis and I have been measuring and re-measuring dimensions , looking at the Amroc room mode calculator, and REW’s ‘room simulation’.
I know it’s old hat to ASR members but I wrote up a quick how to on my BLOG.

To be frank it isn’t one of my most entertaining ( no change there I hear you cry) no pictures of cats, but you can’t have everything.
Next one will be the actual acoustic measurements with REW!
Keith

Reactions: MKR
OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I have also added part one of a very basic idiots guide to REW,I know there are more REW guides than you can shake a stick at but this one is different because it was written by an idiot.

Keith

MKR

Major Contributor
I have also added part one of a very basic idiots guide to REW,I know there are more REW guides than you can shake a stick at but this one is different because it was written by an idiot.

Keith
I for one am a self proclaimed idiot, so likely will be useful for me, thanks Keith!

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Can I just say - nearly one year on - I love the title of this thread.

If I were buying something you stocked, I'd buy it from you just because of the title of this thread. :p

teched58

You've lost me there :confused:

It's a Beatles reference, to a remark by George Harrison. Please see "The Beatles First Recording Session" and also "When George Martin met The Beatles"

"We gave them a long lecture about their equipment and what would have to be done about it if they were to become recording artists. They didn’t say a word back, not a word, they didn’t even nod their heads in agreement. When he finished, George Martin said ‘Look, I’ve laid into you for quite a time, you haven’t responded. Is there anything you don’t like?’

I remember they all looked at each other for a long while, shuffling their feet, then George Harrison took a long look at George [Martin] and said ‘Yeah, I don’t like your tie!’

That cracked the ice for us and for the next 15-20 minutes they were pure entertainment. When they left to go home George [Martin] and I just sat there saying ‘Phew! What do you think of that lot then?’ I had tears running down my face.
" -- Norman Smith (recording engineer at Apple)

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I like that!
There was a cracking, I think BBC documentary about George Martin made a few years back.
Keith

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
It's a Beatles reference, to a remark by George Harrison. Please see "The Beatles First Recording Session" and also "When George Martin met The Beatles"

"We gave them a long lecture about their equipment and what would have to be done about it if they were to become recording artists. They didn’t say a word back, not a word, they didn’t even nod their heads in agreement. When he finished, George Martin said ‘Look, I’ve laid into you for quite a time, you haven’t responded. Is there anything you don’t like?’

I remember they all looked at each other for a long while, shuffling their feet, then George Harrison took a long look at George [Martin] and said ‘Yeah, I don’t like your tie!’

That cracked the ice for us and for the next 15-20 minutes they were pure entertainment. When they left to go home George [Martin] and I just sat there saying ‘Phew! What do you think of that lot then?’ I had tears running down my face.
" -- Norman Smith (recording engineer at Apple)
Not surprised I was lost. :D. Thanks for the explanation.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Third and final ( I promise) of my REW trilogy, in which my writing style has been compared favourably to Mario Puzo’s .

Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
No cats, but as I have a new pair of the salacious Dutch&Dutch 8c, I thought I would just summarise the set-up routine which is enabled via the D&D ‘Ascend’ app, which is free!
The 8Cs are Roon/Spotify ready, and have REW integration, which means that once you have connected them to your LAN REW sees the 8Cs, no need for cabling, just select the 8C as ‘equaliser in REW and press ‘start’ once REW has created the filters you can then send them directly to the speakers easy peasy lemon squeezy.
Truly we live in a golden age in terms of home audio reproduction.
Keith

Top Bottom