• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Purité Audio has a ‘Blog’! I wouldn’t bother if I were you

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Another diatribe this time I have really gone full ‘Devore’.
Purité Audio’s BLOG unmissable entertainment for the whole family,
Keith

Fahzz

Forum Donor
If you're going to rant like that, you need to use more upper case letters and exclamation points. :p

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I thought I would make a list of ‘FOO’ but there’s so much…

Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
After a recent spate of ‘bodice rippers’ I have settled back into a sickly sentimental tale of my youth in this month’s unmissable Purité Audio’s BLOG.

Just to say I was, still am addicted to Hi-Fi but I never stooped so low as to turn fuses around!
@DSJR you know who I am talking about.
Keith

DSJR

Major Contributor
I hold my hand up, I once thought this shit was important! Two thirds of my life ago now though....

My audio journey is far more convoluted than yours though and led to many peaks and troughs in my music and emotional connection with it. Currently floating on the ceiling in absolute music ecstasy with some Madis (after a whole mix of genres) with a dongle and ear-pieces costing a MASSIVE forty quid all in and I can't bloody believe it! I haven't even started on the beer yet either :D I don't want to come down but life beckons. Here's to more - and you DON'T need to spend many many thousands to achieve this bliss either. Onwards and upwards :D

Last edited:
OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I forgive you my son, as to penance, three ‘tune dems ‘ and twenty minutes exaggerated toe-tapping to ‘Brothers in arms’.
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
The last episode , yes I promise the last episode of the ‘Purité Audio story’ it’s mostly photographs, hardly any reading required, just loads of photographs of speakers some of which just didn’t make the final cut.

Keith

MKR

Major Contributor
The last episode , yes I promise the last episode of the ‘Purité Audio story’ it’s mostly photographs, hardly any reading required, just loads of photographs of speakers some of which just didn’t make the final cut.

Keith
Really enjoyable read Keith! Thanks for sharing

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Kind of you to say so, Hemingway it’s not!
The only point really was that once I learned what was important in loudspeaker design, I was able to draw a correlation between a speaker’s measurements and how it sounded.
These Paradigms for example, I went to hear them at the U.K. importer and they sounded bright, but the room was entirely unsuitable, bare walls a large conference table in front of them, I borrowed the stand mount version, they looked great lovely paint funky driver covers but they were just too bright, then the Stereophile review was published

I realise I am preaching to the choir here but for most buying a loudspeaker is a ‘lucky dip’ usually no proper measurements always a fulsome magazine/influencer review even when in reality the speakers are absolutely dire!
IMG_1546.jpeg
IMG_1547.jpeg

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Early on I heard these Lansche 5.1 loudspeakers at the Munich Hi-End where in a huge room they sounded pretty good , again they looked the part, they had a plasma tweeter, but at home they just lacked any body any substance and again when Stereophile measured them.
Also the manufacturer wanted Euros 4k to service the tweeters every ‘x’ number of hours ( easily less than a year) .
Manger C1s took those down to Phil Ward at SoundonSound who had already measured the Kii Three, we were the first U.K. Kii retailer although they ‘kicked us off’ when we started to represent Dutch& Dutch, precious little snowflakes!
Phil enjoyed the Kiis but the Mangers fared less well,
Now I hope that I understand loudspeaker measurements enough to be able to discount without actually buying them!
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
The arrival of the Kiis really changed things up, when I compared them say to the Mangers,

or the ATC active 50s,

They we’re just that much more transparent,

Tri-field experiment using the superb Illusonics IAP .

I actually purchased ATC because a couple of engineers who came to hear the Kiis poo-pooed them saying that yes they were good but the ATC dome midrange etc etc.
ATC are solid enough but actually their complete lack of adjustability, comparative lack of bass, elevated midrange and they just weren’t as transparent another myth exploded.
I forget to include Geithain, I really wanted their 901 but they weren’t available these are the 944K ,

Some of the, perhaps the best passive speaker I heard here were Gradient, very transparent, cardioid and relatively inexpensive, we had their 5.1 and their ‘revolution’ they too were an interesting speaker their dispersion could be adjusted by rotating the two head/sub sections.

Gradient really deserved greater exposure, as Atti says they were implementing cardioid way before Kii and D&D!

Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Grimm LS1s with ‘motional feedback’ subs and expensive beryllium tweeters next to the Gradient Revolutions.

PSI A17s?

Tried the PSI AVAAs

I can’t imagine how I forget to include these! Perhaps the best, definitely the ugliest.

Some Genelec or other 8351Bs perhaps,

Tried these,

One of the only speakers that I failed to get here, despite really trying.

Keith

DSJR

Major Contributor
Gawd mate, you've had some blingy tat there over the years - too much money to spend methinks and your poor other half and family putting up with it all :D

Hope your residency here has calmed you down a bit and helped you to discover some proper speakers with half a chance of reproducing music and speech closer to the real thing... I'd certainly have the Kii speakers here, Genelec's stylee is growing on me too, but I'd be living in fear of damaging the finish accidentally, much as I loved the sound of the Kiis when I heard them.

You're probably glad I don't live nearby :D

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Should have stocked PMC!
The best blingy
IMG_3445.jpeg
tat I bought was undoubtedly this, given me more pleasure than all those speakers..

Shame you don’t live nearer, we could chat my wife doesn’t understand me!
VeryBest,
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I have really tried and ( again) failed to really draw any concrete conclusions from my KEF LS60 versus KEF LS50 plus KC 62 subwoofer comparison.
I am considering changing the name of the company to ‘sit on the fence’ audio.

Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
This week I am ‘Introducing Sigberg Audio’, I realise that Thorbjørn and his designs need no introduction to you lot.
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
A few thought on my journey to the dark side, pro audio, the article also contains a cute kitten picture.

Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Too long didn’t read I know here is the cat,
IMG_9894.jpeg

Top Bottom