• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

PS Audio Talking Smack About Amirm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
It’s pretty easy for me to get fresh pineapple smack dab here in the middle of the U.S. (St. Louis, Missouri.) I think it is imported from Mexico.

I'm going to dispute the word "fresh" for most pineapple found in the continental US, including that harvested early to to make more resilient when shipped from Mexico.

After I had it fresh at the Dole farm in Oahu, it changed my POV.

KaiserSoze

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I think it would be better for people to post these comments directly in YouTube, as comments to the video itself, rather than here. For a couple of reasons. Primarily, some of the comments posted here are insufficiently civil and make Amir and ASR look boorish. Additionally, if you want your comment to have the greatest exposure, it belongs in the YouTube comments section. I don't think that putting all this stuff here is doing anything good for anyone. It fans the flames of a feud, which is not going to do any good for anyone.

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
I think it would be better for people to post these comments directly in YouTube, as comments to the video itself, rather than here. For a couple of reasons. Primarily, some of the comments posted here are insufficiently civil and make Amir and ASR look boorish. Additionally, if you want your comment to have the greatest exposure, it belongs in the YouTube comments section. I don't think that putting all this stuff here is doing anything good for anyone. It fans the flames of a feud, which is not going to do any good for anyone.

Critical comments get pulled very quickly.

Billy Budapest

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm going to dispute the word "fresh" for most pineapple found in the continental US, including that harvested early to to make more resilient when shipped from Mexico.

Well, by “fresh” I mean unfrozen produce. There is always the possibility it was harvested and then refrigerated to survive the trip.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor

It's not just the artificial ripening of fruit, it's bread now or engineered to best survive transit and processing..

Always seems to the detriment of real human satisfaction, how ironic .

win

I totally disagree! There are audiophools who have bought into the poorly designed, bad-casework clad PSAudio cult, and some can be swayed to come to the light. The more we can stuff threads like these with keywords so that they can find it - whether through Google or some other link, the better. Get them here, make them see the error of their ways.

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Synergistic Research and Shunyata are two companies that are on the fringe, devoting a lot of resources to vibration control and power equipment, run by intelligent and accomplished people but producing products that are sometimes close to voodoo.

They are nowhere near the league of Tice or Machine Dynamica, though. I am convinced that Machine Dynamica is a joke, but they do exhibit products and send stuff out for review and some people do buy them.
Irony, sarcasm are often lost in internet posting but just in case that you didn't post this in jest:
"Resources"? What resources?
How do you define "accomplished"?
"Sometimes" !????

Those who run these companies may be intelligent if by that you mean finding ways to part gullible people from their money, I have seen their postings. It does requires skills of the Bernie Madoff or Ponski's sort, to come up with such ware... but please, do not use the term "accomplished". Products from all these companies, you mentioned including the now defunct Tice Audio Products, are bovine manure, distilled in such ways to make sure that all the effluves remain, solidified and fashioned into audio accessories or adjuncts.

KaiserSoze

Critical comments get pulled very quickly.

From YouTube you mean? I didn't know this. Does the person posting the YouTube video have the ability to delete comments they don't like?

Sukie

Forum Donor
Jesus, Woolworths is still a thing where you live ..
A common mistake. The Woolworths in Australia is not connected at all to the much-missed Woolworths in the UK. I say "much-missed' - I quite liked the pick n mix back in the day. Woolworths in Australia is a supermarket- hence the juicy pineapples!!!

stunta

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Since you used the word "aurally", here's the rub:

Placebo effects are real.

So if they think it sounds better, it might actually sound better.....in their minds.

I think this might be the reason some people are on eternal upgrade treadmills. I've been there and was able to hop out of it because now, I strongly feel that measurements are the only way to get off. If I keep thinking an upgrade sounds better, it probably will and I will never stop - measurements put an end to this.

I just now realized the above explicitly so thanks for your comment.

EDIT: Later comments from you and @Thomas savage nailed it.

That's what keeps the upgrade machine churning.

Gotta ride that dragon to a new high, baby.

Racheski

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

This. I didn’t even like pineapple until I went to Mexico and ate it fresh. It’s like a different fruit.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Synergistic Research and Shunyata are two companies that are on the fringe, devoting a lot of resources to vibration control and power equipment, run by intelligent and accomplished people but producing products that are sometimes close to voodoo.

They are nowhere near the league of Tice or Machine Dynamica, though. I am convinced that Machine Dynamica is a joke, but they do exhibit products and send stuff out for review and some people do buy them.

Oh man some comedy gold here. SR is sometimes close to voodoo???? Show me some of their products which aren't voodoo. Read some of the stuff on them at www.diyaudio.com where they found out what was in the product. I believe @SIY was involved in some of that back then.

Shunyata is maybe a little less shady and not total con.

win

maybe if they haven't bought yet and are just researching. If they've already bought in, you're probably right.

Tachyon88

I enjoy his videos. As a noob it fast tracked many answers to questions I had going into speakers and raised questions I had never thought to ask.

Whats funny is I have literally never researched their products.

I do want to see his data contrasted with ASR since he brought it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom