• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Fosi Audio BT30D audio start delay

ashikns

Hi, I have a Fosi Audio BT30D (non pro version) connected to a pair of 8 ohm 60-100w speakers. Input is RCA from desktop PC. I am happy with the audio quality and loudness. I have a small room so I drive it at 50% amp volume usually. The problem is that whenever there is no audio output the amp goes into a "standby" mode of sorts. I can hear a minor thump from the speakers when it happens. When audio starts playing from this state, it takes about 0.5s before the audio starts playing. So if I play a YouTube video that has speech right from the start, the first few words are not heard.

I hope this makes sense. I only found one other mention of this problem on this Reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/BudgetAudiophile/comments/ralcda . It is very annoying. Is there any way to fix it? Is it a faulty device and I need to get it replaced?

Obi_Wan_Kenobi

Hello, I I just bough the same amp and I am running into the same issue. Have you figured out a solution?

OP
A

ashikns

No. It's an issue with the model. I switched to AIYIMA D03.

Obi_Wan_Kenobi

I just bought the pro model and this issue is not present in it because there is no circuit to turn the signal off. So if anyone is reading this, buy the pro model, it is worth it

Top Bottom