• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

PS Audio Talking Smack About Amirm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
I didn't even get to see the fight or the suit! I fell asleep during the 900 undercards and ads for Conor McGregor whiskey that we were forced to sit through before the title bout.
Classic, I also often fall asleep before the main event , even or especially if I'm there ha ha

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
See above, I posted my side arm, rifle, and ammo.
250px-Chainsaw.jpg

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
It's not identity politics, just a refusal to tolerate BS.

I only worry about BS if effects me, personally.

There is so much BS in life that if I wasted neurons and energy on everything, I'd get nothing else done except be in a state of perpetual outrage.

Paul's statements or beef or propaganda or whatever you want to call it have no impact on me, my life, or how I enjoy the audio hobby.

I don't own any PSA products, so have no dog in the fight.

"Yep, it's another sales guy being salesy......as is the way of the world".

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I didn't even get to see the fight or the suit! I fell asleep during the 900 undercards and ads for Conor McGregor whiskey that we were forced to sit through before the title bout.

I listened on the radio- imagine my hilarity seeing the suit the next day in the media.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Iv no issue with the OP but these kind of threads in my eyes are negative and we should instead concentrate on what we are doing and packaging it in the most easy to digest and least able to be dismissed a way as possible.

Paul is doing his job here , we should concentrate on ours and be truly objective and self aware in the way we do that so we can be as influential as possible.

tomtoo

Major Contributor
Iv no issue with the OP but these kind of threads in my eyes are negative and we should instead concentrate on what we are doing and packaging it in the most easy to digest and least able to be dismissed a way as possible.

Paul is doing his job here , we should concentrate on ours and be truly objective and self aware in the way we do that so we can be as influential as possible.

Yep talk about pinapple, pizza and pulled pork. Beer is missing!

anmpr1

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It's not identity politics, just a refusal to tolerate BS. B) I don't identify with a lot of the folks on this forum: C) the Harman conventional wisdom crowd, the F) Genelec fanboys, the D) SINAD competition crowd, and, most of all, the E) headphone collectors.

A) I would expend more energy getting worked up about things that matter, but, in this overheated environment, one can lose one's friends or job doing that.
Personal responses to your points (not in the order you listed them):

A) Agreed. Never get too worked up over discussing a hobby.

B) Most people here wouldn't understand my choice of loudspeakers, but I don't care. I still like the forum and think it offers a valuable contribution to the hobby.

C) If I was looking for a smallish 2-way 'monitor' type speaker I might pay more attention to the Harmanized-Klippel thing, but I'm not, so I don't.

D) SINAD is at most an ordinal measure of what is possible from an engineering standpoint, all things being equal. Once you are in the 'green' or 'blue' area, and once you find something that satisfies your requirements, then as Neil 'I want to sell you a Pono' Young would say, just walk on.

E) From an historical and personal perspective, the idea that anyone anywhere would spend thousands of dollars on a headphone and/or an amp to drive them is something I can't very well relate to. But that's just me.

F) Genelecs are nice for a small speaker on your desktop, if you don't care about price.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
I am a grown man. I have no time for kiddie toys*

* Just relished buying and setting up a PS4 for the lad's birthday
... In 1993 I was , ' age appropriate '.
By ' setting up ' do you mean ' I really bought it for myself' ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom