• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

PS Audio Talking Smack About Amirm

Status
Not open for further replies.

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
Last edited:

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
Comment on YouTube almost certain to be deleted, so why bother making it: "Paul, are you willing to share your AP project files on these commercial amps so we can see your idea of the correct way of doing the measurements? Amir does, so it seems like a basic measure of transparency and honesty if you claim that one of your products' critics is presenting bad data."

tomtoo

Major Contributor
Pigs are friends, not food.

Except the pigs that remember being castrated, remember the execution of their pen pals, remember mistreatment, so stomp inattentive farmers to death, then eat the corpse. That's not being properly friendly, I'll grant you.

edit: Never turn your back on pissed off piggies.

Dont like to discuss the ethics of eating animals. Still enjoy eating pigs. And cows and fish. Yep maybe iam realy not good in ethics, but you have to see at the end the worms eat me and iam absolutly in frienship with them. ;)

watchnerd

Grand Contributor

The boar that charged our hunting party broke the ribs and slashed the face of the guy who wounded him with a rifle shot before he was put down.

What was surprising was that he seemed to know, amongst the humans, who was the guilty party.

After field dressing, the carcass weighed 280 lbs. So he was 300+ lbs when alive.

oldsysop

I always carry a side arm when I hunt them, and I once had to use it after a member of the hunting party only wounded a large boar and he charged us.

When people hunt them with dogs, the dogs wear kevlar vests. But they still sometimes get killed due to neck wounds
I celebrate every time an animal kills its hunter.
Nothing personal.

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
Dont like to discuss the ethics of eating animals. Still enjoy eating pigs. And cows and fish. Yep maybe iam realy not good in ethics, but you have to see at the end the worms eat me and iam absolutly in frienship with them. ;)

Feral pigs are the only pig I eat.

In North America, they're an invasive species that cause massive habitat destruction and displace native fauna.

Most of the mammals we eat in our house are animals we have hunted.

Dmitri

Forum Donor
595AA22D-0757-48F9-95B2-6A301A514F5D.jpeg
DB9AA080-9709-47E3-A7D6-55846325B1CD.jpeg

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
There is a simple solution to this get @SIY to choose a an amp, measure it on his AP then send it to Amir then Paul and we can see how the 3 stack up.

I would be prepared to wager a tidy sum that Paul will not accept the challenge.
That's the way we evaluate analytical methods (and laboratories) in my old line of work (FWIW).

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
The boar that charged our hunting party broke the ribs and slashed the face of the guy who wounded him with a rifle shot before he was put down.
<elided>

Sorry the guy had to be put down; was the boar OK? :)

Like many, and with a country/farm background, I've endless stories of how "cute" wild animals caused serious damage to other critters, including humans. I blame Disney's humanizing and gentrifying of all sorts of wildlife.

Dialectic

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Fighting words at 4:50
"If someone wants to publish something else [other measurements] using the same equipment, you'll know what the right one was."

Yes, and it probably wasn't the measurements published by a manufacturer with a long history of releasing badly measuring audio products and widgets that do nothing.

And, ol' Paul, can you support your assertion that Amir's measurements are wrong?

Dialectic

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It's a smart move on his part.

If there is any thing social media has taught us, it's that tribalism is powerful, us vs them is bonding, outrage culture is bonding, and all of this tends to overrule logic and truth.

He can capitalize on any anti-ASR sentiment by tagging ASR as the foe and create fan bonding in doing so.
I'm certain there's a great deal of anti-ASR sentiment among purchasers of PS Audio equipment, who have seen, but do not want to believe, that the gear they paid thousands of dollars for is outperformed by $99 desktop products designed and manufactured in the PRC.

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
I'm certain there's a great deal of anti-ASR sentiment among purchasers of PS Audio equipment, who have seen, but do not want to believe, that the gear they paid thousands of dollars for is outperformed by $99 desktop products designed and manufactured in the PRC.

That's exactly my point.

That being said, I don't care if people want to spend more money on their hi fi and get little for it.

If they like it, no skin off my back if they make different decisions than I would have.

After all, while I don't own any fancy cables (analog or digital), I own both a turntable and 2 x reel-to-reel decks. So I'm in no position to cast stones at wasting money on bad performing gear if people find it fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom