• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

[No Politics] What you need to know about CoVID-19 by SARS-CoV-2 [No Politics]

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredoamigo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
There are currently in France 88 clusters identified people do not know where they are precisely ... I was expecting a vast campaign of tests for after containment ... but nothing on the horizon ..., I just learned that the largest slaughterhouse in Germany is highly contaminated, yet one among many others! ... I just learned that the covid was already in the sewage of northern Italy and also Barcelona since October 2019...
many know but nobody really knows.

maty

Major Contributor
Please note that English is not my first language. You are right with the word inactive.

I was thinking about one of the vaccines that are being developed in Spain against Covid-19 that seems very promising. But it will take longer. It will be complete and cheaper, ideal for annual vaccinations of the entire world population.

I think it is evident to everyone that the solution is to try to eradicate it as was done with smallpox. Economies cannot withstand continued outbreaks.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Thought this was interesting...there is a lot being thrown up against the wall to see what sticks...

https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2020-06/asfm-mvc061620.php

MMR vaccine could protect against the worst symptoms of COVID-19

AMERICAN SOCIETY FOR MICROBIOLOGY

Vaccination with MMR in immunocompetent individuals has no contraindications and may be especially effective for health care workers who can easily be exposed to COVID-19, say the researchers.

"Live attenuated vaccines seemingly have some nonspecific benefits as well as immunity to the target pathogen. A clinical trial with MMR in high-risk populations may provide a low-risk-high-reward preventive measure in saving lives during the COVID-19 pandemic," said Dr. Fidel. "While we are conducting the clinical trials, I don't think it's going to hurt anybody to have an MMR vaccine that would protect against the measles, mumps, and rubella with this potential added benefit of helping against COVID-19."

Mounting evidence demonstrates that live attenuated vaccines provide nonspecific protection against lethal infections unrelated to the target pathogen of the vaccine by inducing trained nonspecific innate immune cells for improved host responses against subsequent infections. Live attenuated vaccines induce nonspecific effects representing "trained innate immunity" by training leukocyte (immune system cells) precursors in the bone marrow to function more effectively against broader infectious insults.

Racheski

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
“a study that showed the virus could decline rather than continue to expand if only 60% of people wore masks that were 60% effective
https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/19/health/us-coronavirus-friday/index.html

Yet we have leaders who have openly stated they will ignore the mask wearing mandates going into place this week, like Orange County California. Whether we like it or not, cultural norms have played a massive role in the spread of COVID-19.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/06/19/coronavirus-live-updates-us/

onofno

28 people died from covid 19 during the last 24 hours in France. (people with pathologies/diseases are more likely to contract the virus and die...)
I NEVER wore a mask, only when it was mandatory... ditto my wife.

Last edited:

Willem

Major Contributor
Recent research from my university's Lifelines bio databank project confirms earlier suggestions that there is a significant genetic component as well: some people's dna makes them more prone to get the infection, and to develop a more serious condition.
Here is the link for the earlier research: https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2020283
https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2020283
And here for the webpage of the Lifelines project (unfortunately in Dutch): https://www.lifelines.nl/deelnemers/nieuws/ernst-ziektebeloop-covid-19-deels-erfelijk-bepaald

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

Veri

Master Contributor
I NEVER wore a mask, only when it was mandatory... ditto my wife.
Any reason? I mean it's not to protect yourself but to protect others, it's easy to be asymptomatic and spread it. I don't really understand the "I never wore a mask" folks. Next epidemic, it will once again be recommended. Not just to annoy you.

Racheski

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
people with pathologies/diseases are more likely to contract the virus and die....
As long as the “and” is emphasized this is true. Unless I have a cold and am wiping my face, nose, eyes, and mouth excessively, healthy people will become infected at the same rate as unhealthy people with respect to SARS-COVID-2 (the virus). Co-morbidities play a role in the severity of COVID-19 (the disease).

Racheski

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

onofno

Any reason? I mean it's not to protect yourself but to protect others, it's easy to be asymptomatic and spread it. I don't really understand the "I never wore a mask" folks. Next epidemic, it will once again be recommended. Not just to annoy you.

Do you wear a mask when flu spreads ? If not, why ? Flu can kill thousands of people...

How Flu Spreads ? : Person to Person
People with flu can spread it to others up to about 6 feet away. Most experts think that flu viruses spread mainly by droplets made when people with flu cough, sneeze or talk. These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs. Less often, a person might get flu by touching a surface or object that has flu virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes.
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/disease/spread.htm

When you get the flu or covid 19 or cancer or malaria or cholera or.... your temp goes up... I took my temp every morning since the virus came in France and the result was always between 97.7 and 98.... (36.5 in France).

In France we're not lucky cause we must fight to viruses : the Coronavirus and the Macronavirus...

Last edited:

Willem

Major Contributor
Flu is not as deadly as Covid19, but maybe those who are not vaccinated should indeed wear a mask.

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Do you wear a mask when flu spreads ? If not, why ? Flu can kill thousands of people...

How Flu Spreads ? : Person to Person
People with flu can spread it to others up to about 6 feet away. Most experts think that flu viruses spread mainly by droplets made when people with flu cough, sneeze or talk. These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs. Less often, a person might get flu by touching a surface or object that has flu virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes.
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/disease/spread.htm

When you get the flu or covid 19 or cancer or malaria or cholera or.... your temp goes up... I took my temp every morning and the result was always between 97.7 and 98.... (36.5 in France).

There are cases of Coronavirus where the sufferer does not get a high temperature, so the most common checking method is not reliable.

The case fatality rate of Covid-19 is at least 45 times worse than the flu, and that is assuming everybody who has the flu is tested and recorded, anybody just getting better on their own, like I have done every time I have caught flu, won't be recorded as cured so Covid case fatality rate is almost certainly much worse than this.

So any idea that Covid is anything like the flu is complete bollox and will cause people to do the wrong thing.

onofno

I think I never said the flu was like Covid... just that the flu could kill thousands of people.
I'm 68 and I've never caught the flu and I'm not vaccinated ditto my wife (just asked her to make sure...)
and I won't get vaccinated for Covid 19, I don't want to disturb my body and this is plain truth.
To stay in good health you need to do some things that seem weird/stupid to other people. I'm not telling you to avoid vaccination, you do what you think is best for you.

By the way it's risky not taking a vaccine... I'm conscious of what I'm doing.

Last edited:

onofno

I thought I was clear : "I don't get vaccines cause I don't want to disturb my body." That's it.
I know that vaccination has saved millions of people, but they have disturbed their bodies... nobody will tell you, cause vaccination brings billions of dollars/euros to some people.
Then these people are buying TV stations and newspapers... guess why ?

Last edited:

Racheski

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I think I never said the flu was like Covid... just that the flu could kill thousands of people.
I'm 68 and I've never caught the flu and I'm not vaccinated ditto my wife (just asked her to make sure...)
and I won't get vaccinated for Covid 19, I don't want to disturb my body and this is plain truth.
To stay in good health you need to do some things that seem weird/stupid to other people. I'm not telling you to avoid vaccination, you do what you think is best for you.
It is statistically improbable that you have never had an influenza virus - you may have been asymptomatic or had a very mild reaction, but epidemiologists would say you have been exposed at some point in your life.

I think the vaccine discussion will turn political and off-topic so I’ll tread carefully, but we can all be re-assured that herd immunity does not require 100% of the population to be immune to a disease.

onofno

We were/are talking about Covid 19...

Willem

Major Contributor
Yes, and with a potentially only partially effective vaccine I think it would be immoral to refuse vaccination and not contribute to herd immunity. To put it more strongly, and as long as there is no scientific evidence for serious potential side effects, such vaccination should be mandatory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom