• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

maxxevv

Major Contributor
I use Planet Express with an Oregon address for tax-free purposes. I checked the shipping quote and it’s still abouy $100. That’s still cheaper than Japan, so I think I’ll bite, but I’m also eyeing an LSR310s. It’ll be one or the other. I need info in my low end and HPs aren’t enough.

No idea about Japan. I used to use Borderlinx but they were pricey. My current forwarding office is based in Oregon too, and it will cost me about US$60/- total to ship it to my doorstep. Adorama's direct shipping was US$280!!!

RickSanchez

Major Contributor
Cartographer
I use Planet Express with an Oregon address for tax-free purposes.

Off topic, but when you said Planet Express I had no idea it was a real company. I immediately thought you were referring to the "original" Planet Express ...

planet_express.jpg

Last edited:

Bamyasi

@Bamyasi Thanks!

On all my Android devices I activate Developer Options by clicking on Build Number a bunch of times (7? Or more) ..Under Developer Options. there is a Stay Awake option. This is supposed to keep the screen on while it's charging and I always activate it. Since I also usually keep it always plugged into the charger, I haven't noticed the screen turning off, so this may be a work-around.

But I haven't specifically tested this while casting to it for more than 30 minutes, as I currently use mine directly on a desktop with a D10.
Great idea, @Cahudson42, I'll give it a try! Developer options was the first thing I have enabled on mine but somehow the Stay awake option evaded my eyes. Checking it now. Thank you!

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Sure kicks the crap out of the JBL direct price and much better than GC's price locally. I have absolutely zero reasons to buy yet another pair of monitors at this point... but I couldn't come up with a good reason not to if it's this cheap. Thanks for the notice... purchased.

Yeah...$182 delivered, for a pair, with a couple of XLR cables thrown in to boot...almost a no brainer. Had to give them a try.

I love my 708p's and 705p's. At that price it's hard to go wrong.

AnalogDE

Forum Donor

FYI I picked up the Soundrise stands for my newly ordered pair of 306p MKIIs.
If you order direct from the soundrise website (https://soundrisepro.com/collection...-studio-monitor-stands?variant=13510978371659)
They come up $150/pair. Enter promo code "Z" when checking out, takes off $30 bucks. (Thanks, Z reviews) I got it $120 shipped in CA.

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

I recently bought these for my desk:
https://www.alctron-audio.com/EN/Accessories/monitor-speaker-stands/MS182.html

The US dealer is a company called Astound Sound run by a guy named Noel.

Gear4Music and Thomann sell substantially the same product, though export costs to the US are high:

https://www.gear4music.com/Recordin...amp-Monitor-Speaker-Stands-by-Gear4music/2SIC

https://m.thomannmusic.com/millenium_desktop_monitor_stand_dm4.htm

I like them but wish the top rotated. I may go back to my old stands, which are cobbled together from Ergotron monitor mount parts from eBay and PA pole mount adapters. Their poles are fortuitously 35mm, same as PA speaker stands.

GGroch

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Last edited:

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Amazon UK have the Marshall Monitor wireless headphone for £98, sold by Amazon so should be legit.

These may not set audiophile juices running but if you want a robust pair of wireless headphones for travel use with good battery life and which sound good you can do a lot worse. At £98 they're worth a punt if you are looking for a pair of decent wireless headphones without spending too much.

digicidal

Major Contributor
Yeah...$182 delivered, for a pair, with a couple of XLR cables thrown in to boot...almost a no brainer. Had to give them a try.

I love my 708p's and 705p's. At that price it's hard to go wrong.
Here's hoping we actually get them for that... they updated the page and the new price is the less inspiring (but much more likely intentional) price of $249.99:)

anmpr1

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
dbx is having a Black Friday (I guess) sale on some of their pro-oriented products. For example, if you go their site, the 223xs crossover is $20.00 off with free shipping and 30 day return deal. That's a 10% discount. The major guitar stores also have it on sale. Some of their other gear is reduced, also.

AnalogDE

Forum Donor
Here's hoping we actually get them for that... they updated the page and the new price is the less inspiring (but much more likely intentional) price of $249.99:)

I see that my order has partially shipped (cables and cleaning cloth). They better ship the speakers out...

digicidal

Major Contributor
My speakers have shipped out :)
Mine too... of course, they're scheduled for delivery on Thursday... hope they arrive before I leave for dinner - or not until Friday. :confused:

Top Bottom