• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Rate this speaker:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 284 58.9%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 176 36.5%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 15 3.1%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 7 1.5%

• Total voters

Todd k

Forum Donor

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
I’m in on the fund to buy something from tecnoid for Amir to test

Maybe have the seller, who should be the original buyer, send a letter or affidavit clearly stating it hasn't been 'mistreated' or suffered any mishaps in any way that they are aware of, and there have been no alterations done. An age limit might be appropriate under the circumstances as well.

Oh, and preferably in the PNW. :cool:

VintageFlanker

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Capture d’écran (10).png
381a342ca3e93f7a527741057ed1f0e45dbc1978bac85722f9e36a76e8fb2ed6_1.jpg

CleanSound

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I wouldn't mind leading the effort of starting a GoFundMe to order a pair of Tekton and then ship it to Amir. After the measurements, Amir can hold on to those speakers indefinitely, in case there are any false accusations of "botched" measurements.
Out on spring break with the family, I will contact @Amir later tonight when I get back to the hotel, with a proposal on some ideas on how to acquire another pair of Tekton. But we must do this second pair of Tekton speaker review with fairness, transparency and with honesty and integrity. Not that ASR doesn't, but with extra transparency as a counter to any possible EA attacks and disinformation.

Salt

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
If it was me to do so I'd
- buy from company directly, if possible, otherwise certified seller
- burn-in, run-in, whatever-in protocol 24 h (and document it, just for shure)
- klippel it (or use some other decent device for measurement)
- disassamble it and document every single part I can find
- evaluate if redesigning crossover, BR-design, enclosure-damping etc. could do profit
- publish measurements of original design
(chuckle, if evaluation brought up siginificant inprovement, and wait)
- if then complaints arise, publish own 'enhancement'

Hart

I am not sure getting 18(?) awards from audio magazines is necessarily a good thing. Or even a point of braggadocio. We have seen "award winning" solid state amplifiers with horrible measurements. An amplifier has only one task so we can't argue that you are tuning an amplifier for distortion, or that it is somehow subjective. I have been reading audio magazines since the early 80's, in retrospect they are a completely unreliable form of media to discern what is good or better. I can't believe how much time and money I wasted listening to glowing reviews for what turned out to be really compromised products. And buying recommended products that were not very good, (but I am sure, great advertisers).

Last edited:

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If it tests very well you must recommend based on objectivity and honesty of ASR or not based on subjective evaluation of business practices or N/A because of history of controversy. The other thread on Tweeter Arrays seem to think there is some there, there but maybe Tekton is too set in their ways to optimize it. Remember Erin's graphs were not that bad. Be careful for what you wish for.

montyliam

I didn't think this situation could get worse but his behaviour and posts on Facebook are truly disgraceful. It's almost like he enjoys acting this way. He clearly is not able to apply any ounce of logic to his narrative. The 'new' measurements from Amir and Erin have barely changed, but he's now saying this is a big win for Tekton, when it was those same measurements which boiled his blood so much so to as start this whole mess. Now he's peddling the step response measurement as evidence of botched V2 measurements. What planet is this guy living on? Not one post from him has been in the slightest bit coherent with his previous posts, it comes across as both very childish and also somewhat alarming that a man with his own company, employees etc could act so erratically, I certainly wouldn't want to be working for him.

olieb

If it tests very well you must recommend based on objectivity and honesty of ASR or not based on subjective evaluation of business practices or N/A because of history of controversy. The other thread on Tweeter Arrays seem to think there is some there, there but maybe Tekton is too set in their ways to optimize it. Remember Erin's graphs were not that bad. Be careful for what you wish for.

I like to see a test.
In all likelihood, these colored "monkey coffins" with tweeter blossoms have quite useful non-linear behavior (low distortion and high maximum volume) but rather worse than mediocre linear properties (uneven frequency response, errors in radiation behavior and very narrow high-frequency radiation).
But maybe I am wrong about that.

The problem is, one should decide beforehand whether to describe the listening or not. If they measure "normal", one could leave it at that and give a N/A. But if they measure "exotic" everybody would like to know "how they sound". And with listening and no decision about recommendation there would be a blank space.
But as Amir says, he has a "thick skin" and whatever he does, I am convinced, he will do it in the right way.

Everett T

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I like to see a test.
In all likelihood, these colored "monkey coffins" with tweeter blossoms have quite useful non-linear behavior (low distortion and high maximum volume) but rather worse than mediocre linear properties (uneven frequency response, errors in radiation behavior and very narrow high-frequency radiation).

The problem is, one should decide beforehand whether to describe the listening or not. If they measure "normal", one could leave it at that and give a N/A. But if they measure "exotic" everybody would like to know "how they sound". And with listening and no decision about recommendation there would be a blank space.
But as Amir says, he has a "thick skin" and whatever he does, I am convinced, he will do it in the right way.
That's basic what I said over at AH, he gave the audiophile community a speaker that is too good for measurements and most of them eat it up.

Danny23

@Eric Alexander seems to have lost any connection to reality, the truth nor has he any moral compass:

View attachment 364188
“In fact he admitted he couldn’t correct the step response.” He conveniently left out the fact that Amir couldn’t correct it because he no longer has the speakers, and offered to remeasure if Eric sent him some!

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I like to see a test.

Okay but let the smoke settle and let Gene at Audiohloics test it and get a third review. Any test by ASR or EAC with any objective negativity will certainly derail more productive activities and bring accusations of vindictive motivations, warranted or not. We all went more tests. The guy could have used the data to improve his speakers and come back with something better but chose to fight instead. He may have clobbered a huge chunk of revenue with his vitriol.

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
@Eric Alexander seems to have lost any connection to reality, the truth nor has he any moral compass:

View attachment 364188
"Vindication" of what?? Erin and Amir updated their measurements to show almost no change at all, just +/- ~1dB in the upper treble IIRC. And his entire narrative about the feet was shown to be erroneous. "Admitted he couldn't correct the step response" with step response in scare quotes as if it's some exotic thing he's not sure of? No such thing occurred... "A win"? What did he win? What was gained here? Nothing really changed except that he turned a lot of previously neutral people against him.

Maybe the win is a small handful of existing customers will develop a bunker mentality and feel as if they're under attack along with Eric. That might generate some sympathetic FB comments, but I'm not sure how well that will pan out in terms of sales...

tmtomh

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I appreciate the community spirit here, but I don't know that I could stomach contributing a single penny of money that would end up in Eric Alexander's pocket.

IMHO @Eric Alexander 's behavior here has gone way over the line in multiple ways on multiple occasions. I don't see the point in measuring his speakers anymore, as it's not about the speakers and it's not about his design approach. It's about stuff that can't be tested with a Klippel or an AP analyzer.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I appreciate the community spirit here, but I don't know that I could stomach contributing a single penny of money that would end up in Eric Alexander's pocket.
See it as an investment in the community, rather than money down the drain ;)

And as it stands, Eric seems to have lost more money than he gained due to this ordeal.

Top Bottom