• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Aiyima A07 Max Amplifier Review

Rate this amplifier:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 32 12.7%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 118 46.8%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 80 31.7%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 22 8.7%

• Total voters

isaac507

AIYIMA A07 MAX stereo amplifier Power 8 ohm measurement.png

Pretty good amount but one channel shows that rising distortion above a few watts which we also saw in the dashboard.
This seems to confirm that the standard power supply of the A07 Max is indeed very poor, with its power being far from what they claim.

It also corroborates the power supply test image uploaded by an amazon review, indicating that the power supply is significantly overrated.
1701141383610.png

Jacob8275

Edit: Went back and looked at the December 2020 A07 review. Most interesting spec comparison to me was that Amir got more power for 8 ohms with the original A07 with the 32v power brick (48 watts) than the new MAX at 8 ohms with the 36v power brick (40 watts).
This seems to confirm that the standard power supply of the A07 Max is indeed very poor, with its power being far from what they claim.

It also corroborates the power supply test image uploaded by an amazon review, indicating that the power supply is significantly overrated.

Perhaps this Amazon review is accurate. The actual power of the 36V 6A power adapter may be only 35V 3A. This could be why the A07, which comes with a 32V power supply, has a higher power output compared to the A07 MAX with a 36V power supply.

AdamG

Enjoy the Music your way…
Forum Donor
The overall reliability of Chi-fi amps is ridiculous
Hi AltoVariago,

I am assuming that you don't mean this in a derogatory manner towards all Chinese people. We have a Forum specific Policy to avoid this description. Therefore, we kindly request our Members avoid using this terminology “Chi-fi” as it can have negative connotations for such companies and individuals.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding in this regard. ;)

3eaudio

Audio Company
1701153226179.png

@amirm Would like to point out as recently some people talking about TP32xx PBTL mode operation and may get confuse with other type.
  • TPA32xx (or any other single power supply) amplifier PBTL mode is just parallel 2 set of BTL to increase output capability(current) but won't provide double power(voltage),the power increase depend on loss reduce on the MOSFET and inductor(if parallel).
  • other Dual power supply amp configured as SE output(IR2092,Hypex,Purifi,LM3886,etc) can double output power when switch to BTL mode
  • Surely TPA3255 also can double output power when switch from SE to BTL configured, but many of product design are use BTL or PBTL not SE.

1701152259127.png
R.af65ff26edc7152f6c4db56bd4fb9fa9

Attachments

• 1701153186837.png
    1701153186837.png
    150.1 KB · Views: 64

Hiten

Would be interesting to compare 3e audio and Sylph amplifiers. Which I read are soon to be tested.
Regards.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
@amirm Would like to point out as recently some people talking about TP32xx PBTL mode operation and may get confuse with other type.
  • TPA32xx (or any other single power supply) amplifier PBTL mode is just parallel 2 set of BTL to increase output capability(current) but won't provide double power(voltage),the power increase depend on loss reduce on the MOSFET and inductor(if parallel).
  • other Dual power supply amp configured as SE output(IR2092,Hypex,Purifi,LM3886,etc) can double output power when switch to BTL mode
  • Surely TPA3255 also can double output power when switch from SE to BTL configured, but many of product design are use BTL or PBTL not SE.
Indeed that must be the explanation behind not getting much more power.

Sokel

Master Contributor
To market such a piece of s*** is ridiculous. Channel imbalance of 20dB is something making an amp unusable.
The 20db difference between channels is not about level,is about H2 (the second harmonic) in the distortion chart.
20db level difference would be absurd!

The level difference is 1db at the point Amir measured it but as this point is almost all the way up it can be a lot worst as we go lower,that's where channel imbalances get more severe.

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
so a true 70w 8ohm at around $100

given you get one with no imbalance or an imbalance you cant detect i dont think this is as bad as many think

nor is there much better at this price?

OldTimer

Is it possible that fosi picked the best one, and aiyima picked it randomly?
It could be but it was Aiyama first then Fossi Audio.
i dont think components matters that much to SQ?

reliability? yes

i think both the V3 and Max use high quality brand name components... that's not an issue to me

otherwise at this point it looks like the ZA3 balanced is the king? with xlr thrown in
Agree. Better components mean better reliabilit.

ninetylol

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Thanks @amirm.
As indicated in review that stock power supply isn’t feeding 6a, is it possible to know what is it supplying max?
Amirs 48v/5a supply probably isnt the Aiyima one either. I guess its the one from the Fosi V3.

My 48v5a aiyima Max from aliexpress is arriving here tomorrow.

Last edited:

GGroch

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks @amirm.
As indicated in review that stock power supply isn’t feeding 6a, is it possible to know what is it supplying max?
There is an interesting ongoing ASR discussion of Aiyima /Fosi /Douk power supplies here. Post 21 shows the manufacturer as Huizhou Fujia Appliance Tech and links to the brand's device report where I do not see model FS-SW21283606000D from Amir's 36v photo. I do see a photo with this same model FJ-SW21283606000D in this post listed
as a 48v 5A power supply. I think the 48v source photo was from a since removed Ali Express listing, not Aiyima itself, so it is possible some photoshop was involved.

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I find this statement offensive.
But it isn't. You chose to be offended.

I see good participation here from the Chinese manufacturers.
Who claimed otherwise?

Product variations are to be expected in this product cost segment.
If you can't produce a product well enough to not fail basic testing, maybe you shouldn't be in the business at all.
And maybe you shouldn't send your wares to one of the few reviewers that do proper testing. :facepalm:

Top Bottom