• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Aiyima A07/ A07 Max OP Amps The Same?

SQlife

Hello, I was looking at the Sparkos SS3602 for my pair of Aiyima A07's, but was also curious about the A07 Max. Does anyone know if they could use the same OP amps? If I decide to get the Max in the future, it would be nice if it were as easy as taking them out of my A07's and dropping them in the Max. Also I know the A07's have a capacity for two, and wanted to know if it was also two for the Max, I would assume that would be the case since it's one per channel?

Thanks in advance,

OP
SQlife

SQlife

Hi, welcome to ASR. :)

There is no need to swap from the stock opamps and it will be a waste of money... the A07 design is not broken.

JSmith
I feel the same but people swear there is night and day difference. I think the “upgrade” bug hit me along with tempting holiday sales

JSmith

Master Contributor
I feel the same but people swear there is night and day difference.
Unless those people can tell this difference without peeking, then it's nothing but personal opinion based on their own perception which is subject to expectation and confirmation bias. Those "night and day" differences will likely be gone once they don't know which device is playing. At best there will be no difference, at worst the opamp will cause oscillation on the output from the amp circuit, potentially degrading the output. Swapping opamps without conducting proper measurements is an exercise in folly.

JSmith

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
I feel the same but people swear there is night and day difference. I think the “upgrade” bug hit me along with tempting holiday sales

Any speakers that are tempting you? If you want an upgrade, start with where you've got transducers. Messing around with well designed SS circuits to try to improve things is generally going to be a waste of time and money.

OP
SQlife

SQlife

Any speakers that are tempting you? If you want an upgrade, start with where you've got transducers. Messing around with well designed SS circuits to try to improve things is generally going to be a waste of time and money.
I have the Elac Unifi UBR62’s I’m really happy with them but I guess I’m spoiled by having high end amps in my car. At this point I feel like there is no point in upgrading since I really have no complaints. I think the thing about this hobby is the need to want to upgrade or try something new. I have friends in car audio that have new gear every time I see them, and this is high end stuff too. One person I know has $30,000 worth of just amps. I wish I could just focus on the music as opposed to focusing on gear.

Tangband

Major Contributor
Hello, I was looking at the Sparkos SS3602 for my pair of Aiyima A07's, but was also curious about the A07 Max. Does anyone know if they could use the same OP amps? If I decide to get the Max in the future, it would be nice if it were as easy as taking them out of my A07's and dropping them in the Max. Also I know the A07's have a capacity for two, and wanted to know if it was also two for the Max, I would assume that would be the case since it's one per channel?

Thanks in advance,
Hi .
Just buy some lm4562 ( recommended by Aiyima ) and you get slightly better sound . You can buy it from Audiophonics .
PMA has made measurements on this forum showing its slightly better with a07.

Dont listen to those who say its not worth it .

I have two a04 - one with ne5532 and the other with lm4562 . You can hear the difference .

JSmith

Master Contributor
You mean this?

index.php

C'mon man...
You can hear the difference .
So now you feel there is a difference, it's time for more measurements and swapping between 2 amps running each opamp without peeking... note your results and post them. I look forward to your results. :)

JSmith

Reactions: MAB

Tangband

Major Contributor
You mean this?

index.php

C'mon man...

So now you feel there is a difference, it's time for more measurements and swapping between 2 amps running each opamp without peeking... note your results and post them. I look forward to your results. :)

JSmith
PMA has shown measurements and comparisons between stock ne5532 and lm4562 .

IMG_2361.png

IMG_2362.png

”Noise with NE5532 was -73.4 dBV linear 24kHz BW (with the 40kHz lowpass filter as in all further measurements). This would make S/N 86.4 dB re 5W/4ohm and 101.2 dB re maximum power, which I estimated at 150W/4ohm (later).

With LM4562, the noise was -74.9dBV (24kHz), which would make S/N 87.9 dB re 5W/4ohm and 102.7 dB re 150W/4ohm. ”

———-
As everyone can see - lm4562 measurements with a07 is better , but not much. I would however say that the sound differences are bigger than what those measurements show, with advantage lm4562.

Last edited:

T&T

From a Amazon review the owner said sounds better with Muses02 than with spakos lab ss3602, I have swap opamp 100 times in different amps and Dac, sometimes and they do change the sound for better, no change on sound to a different tone sound.
I am waiting for the 07 Max, I own those opamps and more, will be rolling and rolling until I get to sound the way I liked.

grogi.giant

Thanks in advance,

Virtually all op amps have same pin outs.

vicenzo_del_paris

Forum Donor
Hi .
Just buy some lm4562 ( recommended by Aiyima ) and you get slightly better sound . You can buy it from Audiophonics .

Dont listen to those who say its not worth it .

I have two a04 - one with ne5532 and the other with lm4562 . You can hear the difference .
What is the difference that you hear?
Is it correlated to anything measurable?
If so, what measurement?
Despite measurements show tiny technical differences, behind hearing limits, I haven't seen yet kind of measurement showing nigh and day audible differences.
I am interested in such measurements.

BeQuietZen

Moving from NE5532 to technically and measurably superior LM4562 I can understand.

The PCB layout and voltage filtering is decent on all of these popular TPA325x amps. It is well documented with reputable measurements and we can safely assume that the circuit will be free of oscillations most of the time.

We also know that the distortion of the TPA325x is at least 10 times worse than any of these popular op-amps implemented in the front end. So why on earth would someone put in some $160 Sparkos op-amps, I don't know... :facepalm:

That $160 (more or less) will buy you a decent discounted or second hand subwoofer that will spark(os) your audio lights like nothing else in that budget class.

Not to mention (for even less money) UMIK-1 Microphone & REW software and how much it can bring to better audio satisfaction.

Joe Smith

Major Contributor
Question: Has anyone here tried the Burson V6 Vivid op-amps in an original A07? They sent me some for evaluation for free, but they don't fit. Trying to decide whether to hit them up for some of the extension leads which look like they would work to connect them and still get the case closed.

Perun

after replacing the OpAmps with LM4562, the sound became much more transparent, better separation of instruments, better dynamics and much more readable at low volume levels

Cal_Cobra

Good discussion. I'm interested in rolling the OpAmps on my inbound A07 Max's. I'll be running them in mono mode, and guess I'll try the LM4562. Looks like I'd need eight OpAmps to update two amps, and digikey offers bulk discounts for 10+ units, so that's kind of a no brainer :rolleyes:

Can anyone confirm if these from digikey are the correct ones (seem to be, but just want to validate)?

Last edited:

Scrivs

Forum Donor
after replacing the OpAmps with LM4562, the sound became much more transparent, better separation of instruments, better dynamics and much more readable at low volume levels
Uh huh. the "real" Perun probably has a different, empirically backed, Powerpoint stance on this:cool:

Top Bottom